PDA

View Full Version : Live Chat

curt
08-16-2005, 06:11 PM
What happened to the live chat?

PQQLK9
08-16-2005, 06:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote curt:</font><hr> What happened to the live chat? <hr /></blockquote>
Its over, started about 8:30.

Barbara
08-16-2005, 06:26 PM
I think the servers couldn't handle it.

I remember BD doing this a long time ago and Barry Szamboti was one night's topic. He got barraged by so many Q's and private msgs at the same time, it was like 50 people asking him a Q at the same time. Overwhelming, to say the least. He didn't log on for quite a while after that, and still doesn't.

Maybe Lori got the same innundation of questions from people. I tried to give her a little warning about it. I just hope it was the server that couldn't handle it. LLJ is a hardened warrior from all her years of playing and interviewing.

You picture yourself up on a stage with spotlights trying to answer a Q from directions all over. It can be very upsetting. Scary when you think about it.

Barbara

ccboard_admin_back
08-16-2005, 06:43 PM
Loree Jon was available for an hour. When that hour was up, she had to go. Not sure how long Mike will be available tomorrow. The plan is for an hour.

Admin

ccboard_admin_back
08-16-2005, 06:45 PM
By the way, the possibility of the speaker being barraged was the very reason we decided on a moderated chat. It tends to keep things more under control. Also weeds out the silly questions. (Glad to say that there were none this time)

Admin

iusedtoberich
08-16-2005, 07:44 PM
The one post stated the chat would start at 9:00 EST. I joined in about 8:50 and the chat was already in progress. Loree signed off about 9:10. Is Mike going to definitely be on at 8:00 tomorrow?

Thanks.