PDA

View Full Version : Players trophies...do they keep them????????

cueball1950
08-16-2005, 09:48 PM
I was just wondering if the winners of these big tournaments actually keep their trophies. especially the players from over seas. Do you really think that they take them or have them shipped home. Can you imagine how many Strickland, reyes or bustamante or even souquet or feijen keep all of them and bring them home????? just wondering. what do you think???????????????mike

BANKS77
08-17-2005, 12:16 AM
The shipping probably cost more than the value of the trophy and first prize check combined! Seriously, it depends on the player. I assume most keep them but many give them away and I've known a few including Efren who would gladly sell to the highest bidder.

dg-in-centralpa
08-17-2005, 05:09 AM
After all Allison has won over the past 7-8 years, she would need a home just for her trophies and one to live in. She probably donates some for charity. I wouldn't mind having one or two of them.

DG - US Open is coming soon

DickLeonard
08-17-2005, 06:01 AM
Cueball 1950, In Golf and Tennis most of the major trophies have the name engraved in the Trophy. Some of their trophies are worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. Who would want to be liable for that.####

Scott Lee
08-17-2005, 10:31 AM
mike...I had dozens of trophies, including some nice 3 ft high marble ones. When I had my APA league, I recycled a couple of dozen of the nicer trophies, and had new name plates put on them. I gave them away for end-of-the-year tournament prizes, to the teams vying for Vegas, for several years. Seemed like a good thing to do with them, and the teams got some really nice trophies.

Scott Lee

Barbara
08-17-2005, 10:58 AM
I know Tacony Billiards has a trophy won by Efren at the US Open. He just gave it to the room owner.

Barbara

100andout
08-18-2005, 02:55 AM
Tacony?, man I hav'nt been there in years. That was the first room I played in that had "BLEACHERS" set up for the sweaters! very intimidating. Great action room with excelent equiptment though.

Barbara
08-18-2005, 06:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 100andout:</font><hr> Tacony?, man I hav'nt been there in years. That was the first room I played in that had "BLEACHERS" set up for the sweaters! very intimidating. Great action room with excelent equiptment though. <hr /></blockquote>

Well it recently got sold and I haven't been there to see what the new owners have done to the place. I hope they kept some of the bleachers at least. It was always fun to sit and sweat some of the 1P matches.

Barbara

dg-in-centralpa
08-18-2005, 01:44 PM
I just read where Jeanette will be auctioning some of her trophies, as well as cues, pics,postersa,etc. Some items are on ebay now.

DG