PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else getting bad vibes about the IPT?

ras314
08-18-2005, 05:36 PM
Ktrudeau answer to many questions "I pay no attention!" This is throw away money, I am already making money, I am having fun, I want to help everyone, ect ect.

Sure hope I'm wrong.

Harold Acosta
08-18-2005, 05:43 PM
Anybody else getting bad vibes about the IPT? Yes.

We just have to wait and see....

iusedtoberich
08-18-2005, 05:55 PM
You guys are crazy. He is legit. I think he did a very reasonable job answering the questions. I only wish I could run more than the occasional rack so that I could play on the tour.

dg-in-centralpa
08-18-2005, 06:00 PM
What's the web address for the IPT? I feal somewhat uneasy as well. I hope it works.

DG

ras314
08-18-2005, 06:05 PM
www.internationalpooltour.com (http://www.internationalpooltour.com)

Not much there yet.

Barbara
08-18-2005, 06:30 PM
I think he is for real. I would like to believe it.

Barbara~~~I believe he is the Pan...

Rich R.
08-18-2005, 06:39 PM
So far, I believe this is totally legit.
This guy has the money, experience and knowledge to pull this off. He may be the guy with deep pockets that pool fans have been wishing for, for years.
If he wasn't legit, I don't think he would be able to attract the quality people, like the former head of Fox sports.
Maybe it is just wishful thinking, but I believe, and hope, it is totally legitimate.

ras314
08-18-2005, 06:40 PM
Hi Barbara

Don't mind me, just an old grouch that doesn't believe in Santa Clause.

Offer me 50K mim to play somebody and see how long I'd stall. LOL. Allison must have a LOT of character.

ras314
08-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Man I sure hope this is legit. I might even take up 8 ball, cause everyone would be playing it. Not so sure about the slow cloth though.

Rich R.
08-18-2005, 07:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> Not so sure about the slow cloth though. <hr /></blockquote>Ras, the slow cloth only means that the players will need to have a good stroke. I'm sure you remember the days of playing on the slower cloths.

I wouldn't be surprised if the slow cloth was the idea of Mike Sigel. Many of the players, who have been around for a while, believe the faster cloths of today, make it easier to play pool.

wolfdancer
08-18-2005, 07:23 PM
Kevin is a marketing genius. I bought his "Mega-Memory", I believe in the late 80's. Got about the same info, as in the paperback book by Harry Lorayne &amp; Jerry Lucas

Here's some sites with less then kindly info on Mr. Trudeau

web page (http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/trudeau_informercials.html)

web page (http://www.ProgramCritique.com)

web page (http://www.mlmsurvivor.com/felon.htm)

ras314
08-18-2005, 07:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> Ras, the slow cloth only means that the players will need to have a good stroke. I'm sure you remember the days of playing on the slower cloths.
<hr /></blockquote>
Yeah, and I get reminded every time I get so bored as to play on a crappy slow bar table. Then when I get on a good fast table it takes a while to get some control of the cb back. I do not agree it takes a better stroke on slow cloth, maybe a harder stroke. I will admit a 9 ft table with tight pockets would help the game, IHMO.

billiardsrules
08-18-2005, 08:10 PM
Yeah, slow cloth requires a better stroke to move the cue ball around. On a bar table it is not a big deal, on a 9' different story.

BANKS77
08-18-2005, 11:56 PM
Kevin is a marketing genius. I bought his "Mega-Memory", I believe in the late 80's. Got about the same info, as in the paperback book by Harry Lorayne &amp; Jerry Lucas

web page

web page

web page

I too bought his Mega Memory Course back in the early 90s but returned it. I thought it was a scam. The internet has volumes of ex con Keven Trudeau and his scams just type his name in google.

theinel
08-19-2005, 01:01 AM
In general I'm highly skeptical of everything and I felt that way about the IPT the minute I heard of it. Then I started reading about KT's background and legal troubles and I wrote the whole thing off. When I heard about the $899 "lifetime membership" I was sure the lifetime of the IPT would be really short and I was convinced that the IPT would never amount to much.

After hearing that LJJ was involved, and hearing the amounts of money committed, and hearing LJJ, MS and KT answer questions I am still skeptical but less so. The mentions of using the PGA business model and the fact that KT has made the golf channel something of a success in the UK gives me some hope.

I don't think that slow cloth will make a bit of difference to world class players. Tight pockets might. I also think that 8-ball, even though I like the game because each player has their own balls to work with, is too easy of a game for professionals. Something like Players-Eight (rotation 8-ball) where the players group of balls must be shot in order might be a better game. I also don't think that players not currently playing on a pro tour will have any hope because, with the number of current and retired men and women on the various tours in the US and internationally, the 150 "tour memberships" will fill out quickly.

Even thought I'm still skeptical, I do hope it succeeds. If it does it will be good for pool and pool players in general.

GeraldG
08-19-2005, 04:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Kevin is a marketing genius. I bought his "Mega-Memory", I believe in the late 80's. Got about the same info, as in the paperback book by Harry Lorayne &amp; Jerry Lucas

web page (http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/trudeau_informercials.html)

web page (http://www.ProgramCritique.com)

web page (http://www.mlmsurvivor.com/felon.htm)
<hr /></blockquote>

Yep. Kevin Trudeau CANNOT be trusted. He is a crook, plain and simple. He has been convicted of Credit Card fraud as well as for the misleading and fraudulent claims on the infomercials. He has ripped off literally tens of thousands of people and has apparently lost little, if any, sleep over it. Marketing Genius? Yeah, he's a marketing genius in the same way that Ken Lay is a corporate management genius and Ted Bundy was a social genius.

DickLeonard
08-19-2005, 04:44 AM
RichR.

Remember that the Pro Bowling Tour was taken over by Execs of Microsoft. Did Pro Bowling do any better under their Control? That is the question.####

jjinfla
08-19-2005, 05:20 AM
$900 for a chance to win $200,000. Sure sounds beter than a 1K, 2K or 5K ring game where your odds are 1 in 8.

If it's a fraud then he is looking at jail time and I doubt that MS or LJJ would want to risk that.

The women put up $500 every tournament for a chance to win 10K. It seems to me that the payout in the IPT would be better odds.

Bottom line: If the male pros can't afford this tour then they have no business playing pool because they sure are not making any money at it. All those gambling stories we hear about must be just that - stories.

Jake

Rich R.
08-19-2005, 05:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Remember that the Pro Bowling Tour was taken over by Execs of Microsoft. Did Pro Bowling do any better under their Control? That is the question.####
<hr /></blockquote>
Dick, I won't pretend to know all of the details concerning the Pro Bowling tour and their history.

I do know that, currently, the pro bowlers get regular TV time, live coverage of tournament final matches and much larger prize funds that pool tournaments.

None of this seems bad to me.

Brian in VA
08-19-2005, 06:20 AM
The PBT has done remarkably better under the control of the former Microsoft execs. That tour was very close to folding after having been in existence for nearly 40 years with great, long term sponsors. The game hadn't changed to meet the interest level of the "MTV" generation with its short attention span and sound bite mentality and the TV ratings were going south, badly. They've changed the formats, gotten some new sponsors and are really showing some terrific growth in purses and the size of the game. They've added new methods of getting the audience, even the non-bowlers, interested in watching and that's what it takes. (Ballbreakers, for all its faults, is helping to do the same thing with pool.)

The IPT isn't following the business model of the PGA tour; the PGA tour is set up as a non-profit organization and all profits generated go back to local charities. The current slogan, Drive for a Billion, has them on track to reach $1 billion in total all time donations early next year. The IPT appears to be a for-profit enterprise, at least for now, with the vision of selling more of Mr. Trudeau's products and advancing the game of pool. This guy is an entrepreneur who recognizes a business opportunity where more traditional business people don't.

While Mr. Trudeau's background is a little scary, his answers a little manic on last night's chat and his spelling poor, I think this tour is legit. It's always appeared to me that these fast talking, get rich quick types are able to pull things together for brief periods of time and that might be enough to get this thing off the ground. I'm certainly pulling for its success but only time will tell. I wish I was just starting out in pool instead of being this age!

Brian in VA

dmgwalsh
08-19-2005, 08:31 AM
What does anybody have to lose? Pool is going nowhere fast with pros barely able to eke out a living. It can't be any worse and just maybe this entrepenuer can take the professional sport to new heights. The amateur events will benefit from the increased exposure. Kudos to Mr. Trudeau for trying.

BoroNut
08-19-2005, 11:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr>Remember that the Pro Bowling Tour was taken over by Execs of Microsoft. Did Pro Bowling do any better under their Control?<hr /></blockquote>

No. And now my bowling ball is incompatible with the Xpro Bowling (tm) alley and I have to upgrade it, and when I do knock all the pins over it just resets an hour glass for 15 minutes until my time runs out.

Boro Nut

Qtec
08-20-2005, 07:13 AM
Do you really think that KT is doing this to promote pool!??

http://www.infomercialwatch.org/tran/trudeau.shtml

http://skepdic.com/trudeau.html

Trudeau: What this program does, is in just a few hours, Ian, teaches every single person virtually automatically to hit the gol- the golf ball as straight as they can point.
They'll be hitting the ball straighter and further than they ever have, absolutely guaranteed, it's virtually the last golf lesson they'll ever need.
Channel Ten, Shop America, 16/6/00) <font color="blue"> Watch out Tiger!!!!!!!!!!! </font color>

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s144147.htm

http://www.randi.org/jr/072905beenthere.html

"Go to http://skepdic.com/trudeau.html and learn what scam-artist Kevin Trudeau is now advertising. We dealt with this crook at www.randi.org/jr/111904the.html#10 (http://www.randi.org/jr/111904the.html#10) and several other places. This continual assault on the vulnerable ill and aging seems to be immune to state and federal investigation, or could it be that Trudeau just has so much money that he’s able to buy his way out of prosecution? He’s a quack, a fake, a liar, and a predator who is feeding on ignorance and fear, a man who – as you’ll see on Bob Carroll’s page – has been repeatedly arrested, convicted, jailed, fined, and then freed to continue his fraud. And he’s untouchable, I guess."

IMO, he just wants to USE the credibility that Pro Pool has built up to promote his crappy quack products, thats all.
Surely the pool game in the US is not this desperate.

Qtec..BTW, a quick cloth isnt neccessarily 'easier'than a slow cloth.- another gimick.
By all accounts[ read the reviews of his book on Amazon.com] his new book is one long ad for his products!!! To get the 'natural cures' that the Govt, the Drug Comps and the medical profession are 'hiding' from you, you need to go to his website and pay cash for products that your own Govt says do not work!.........Gasp!
According to your own Government, "he has been misleading the American public for years".

cycopath
08-20-2005, 08:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BoroNut:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr>Remember that the Pro Bowling Tour was taken over by Execs of Microsoft. Did Pro Bowling do any better under their Control?<hr /></blockquote>

No. And now my bowling ball is incompatible with the Xpro Bowling (tm) alley and I have to upgrade it, and when I do knock all the pins over it just resets an hour glass for 15 minutes until my time runs out.

Boro Nut <hr /></blockquote>

They need to install 'Ctrl - Alt - Delete' buttons on the electronic scorekeeper.

landshark77
08-20-2005, 02:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> So far, I believe this is totally legit.
This guy has the money, experience and knowledge to pull this off. He may be the guy with deep pockets that pool fans have been wishing for, for years.
<hr /></blockquote>

Plus he knows the cure for cancer and diabetes........ /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ras314
08-20-2005, 02:41 PM
Boro Nut, anything you can tell us about the Golf TV channel? Doesn't seem to be much information available on it or it's ownership.