PDA

View Full Version : SQ feet needed for pool table

TheFish
06-17-2002, 06:23 PM
Does anyone know the sq feet needed (playing space included) for a standard sized pool table, and also a bar table.

I think the standard is about the same width and length of the table on each side right? I ask because i am pretty sure i will be opening an upscale (very upscale) bar/billiards place, and was hoping to put 4-5 tables.

As well, do you think its wise to fit in one additional table but on the weekends (when theresm ore bar customers) i convert it to a dining table thing.

Doctor_D
06-17-2002, 06:36 PM
Good evening:

4.5 x 9 Table would require a minimum of 300 square feet (15' x 20').

3.5 x 7 Table would require a minimum of 240 square feet (14' x 17').

Dr. D.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-17-2002, 06:43 PM
"Seven foot" tables vary in size. Work down from the 8' dimensions.

table.....playing area.........room size.......sq.ft.
8'--------44" x 88"--------14'4"x18'-----257.9
9'--------50" x 100"-------14'10"x19'----281.8

TheFish
06-17-2002, 07:23 PM
281? This is minimum or ideal? Hrmm..the place i am hoping to rent will only be abuot 2500 sf max, and I want to leave a decent seating area (thats where the money will be made).

hrmm.

Jay M
06-17-2002, 08:01 PM
http://www.brunswickbilliards.com/products/brunswick/tables/roomsize/roomsize.html

Tom_In_Cincy
06-17-2002, 08:48 PM
Sorry, I should have stated that these are the minimums.

You can over lap the tables space from side to side. But, I would rather not have to place my butt up against another table to shoot.

Keeping at least 6 feet between tables sides is ideal for most players. It helps avoid the occasional bump..

If you placed the tables side to side with per the above demensions, you would need at least 1127 sq.ft. for these tables. This square footage is based on tables sharing space inbetween each other.

Ken
06-17-2002, 09:00 PM
The area neded for a single table cannot be simply multiplied by 4 or 5 for the munber of tables you plan to install. That would be a very generous spacing and I think you will find that there is usually some overlap in the spacing between tables. That results in an acceptable amount of interference from players on adjacent tables.

I would go to some rooms and do some measuring to see how close tables can be spaced and still give enough room between them. You might want enough space so that one person can shoot on one table and someone on the next table can walk past him but not necessarily shoot from the corresponding location at the same time. In other words, if 5 feet all around is right for one table then 8 feet between tables (not 10 feet) might be plenty. You might find some rooms getting away with 7 feet; I don't know.

I've been in rooms where you can't walk past a person shooting on the next table. Nine foot tables in the center of an array might average 160 sq. ft. or less but the ones on the edges will require more. An upscale room should allow a bit more than that.
KenCT

TheFish
06-17-2002, 09:47 PM
I am in Hong Kong, there is no pool halls here. There is 2 snokoer halls with regulation sized pool tables though. But fortunately I am from Toronto, and I played at enough pool halls during my time there and in Vancouver. Thats why I am openning a upscale billiards/bar place - to cater to the western raised asians like myself, and also the expatriates that work near the area and want to impress the guys and girls.