PDA

View Full Version : Digital pics to prints

SPetty
08-19-2005, 11:27 AM
If I want to make digital pictures into nice normal larger sized prints (4X6?), where should I take the digital pictures? Should I burn them onto a CD or use some other media? Can they do it while I wait?

wolfdancer
08-19-2005, 01:34 PM
Why not buy an inexpensive photo printer like the Epson?

dg-in-centralpa
08-19-2005, 02:11 PM
Check your local drugstore chains like Wahlgreen's, or something like that. Usually they have a photo center. They can print them in about an hour depending on how busy they are.

DG

Sid_Vicious
08-19-2005, 02:52 PM
Spiderman knows the skinny on this. He used WalMarts many times, call him and see what he says today about this issue. I'm sure there are even classy'r places as well...sid

SPetty
08-19-2005, 03:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Why not buy an inexpensive photo printer like the Epson?
<hr /></blockquote>Because for this project, I want the best prints I can get from the digital pictures. I've seen good prints from photo printers, but I desire the best for this project - right ink, right paper, etc.

Rich R.
08-19-2005, 05:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> If I want to make digital pictures into nice normal larger sized prints (4X6?), where should I take the digital pictures? Should I burn them onto a CD or use some other media? Can they do it while I wait? <hr /></blockquote>
The quality of the final print will depend a lot on the digital image that you have. If you have a small jpg picture file, you may be able to get an acceptable 4x6 print, but I wouldn't go any larger than that. It still may not be a good as you would like it.

If you have the original digital picture file, that has not been reduce in size, in any way, use that file. The larger file the better.

If the pictures were downloaded from the internet, chances are the files are too small for a good print.

You can burn the images to a CD and take them to a photo shop or other location that can make prints from digital files. They should be able to make them while you wait, if they are not busy.

I haven't really done much printing, since I switched to digital, but I have been told that Walmart offers pretty good prints from digital files. If you want better, try a good photo shop.

Also, don't discount a print from a home color printer. Some are excellent and just as good as you will get from a photoshop. If you have a friend with a decent photo quality printer, you may want to cash in a favor. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Good luck and let me know how you make out.

PoolFool
08-19-2005, 06:56 PM
SPetty, Put you dital prints on a CD and take them to any Wolf camera store. I do this all the time with photos of my vending machines. I do them myself with the machine they have there but they will be glad to do it for you. The reason I use Wolf is because no matter where I happen to be ther is one close by.

PoolFool

PQQLK9
08-21-2005, 01:47 PM
I use FedEx Kinko's

ceebee
08-21-2005, 04:33 PM
Spetty, most of the pictures I sent to you are large resolution.

My Walmart prints some kind thermal process &amp; the image is superb.

Somebody mentioned Wolf Camera, they do a good job too.

If you want bigger resolution pics, I can send you a CD now, I just finished installing a new one.

Candyman
08-22-2005, 11:46 AM
Go to www.snapfish.com. (http://www.snapfish.com.) They have an excellent reputation for transfering digital to standard.