PDA

View Full Version : Employee Discount for Everyone!

SPetty
08-19-2005, 11:29 AM
I've missed any exposes that they might have had on the news about this promotion that "all" the auto dealers are doing.

Does anyone here have any inside info? Is it a deal or a dud? I just figured they'd raise the price of the car to make up most of the difference...

Deeman2
08-19-2005, 12:00 PM
SPetty,

These are pretty good deals and the automakers, while showing record sales, are taking big hit in the bottom line. I'm sure the discounts will continue in some amnner but it's not a bad time to buy.

Deeman

Big_Jon
08-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Another thing that will happen soon.
The prices of used late model cars will drop dirt cheap.
The automakers are mortgaging their futures AGAIN.

PoolFool
08-19-2005, 07:05 PM
Depends on the brand you are buying. GM, Ford , and Chrysler are all real deals. Get them to show you the invoice. It will have MSRP (sticker price),then dealer cost, then it has employee price. Depending on the car, up to $1500.00 below dealer cost. I use to sell a lot of GM cars to EDS employees because they got GM employee pricing.
I don't think this promo will last much longer. Some of the dealers are tired of only making the rebate the company gives them for employee sales.

PoolFool

Cueless Joey
08-19-2005, 08:43 PM
Domestic cars' resale value are crappy anyway b/c they sell them to rental companies.