PDA

View Full Version : What & Who is the RSB? Is that a stupid question?

BigRigTom
08-19-2005, 02:54 PM
Every so often I see a reference to the RSB seeming to refer to some forum post or something like a discussion group.
For Instance my downloaded WEI table program loads with the letters RSB inscribed all the way across the table cloth.

It may be a stupid question...but with is the RSB?

Rod
08-19-2005, 03:04 PM
They invented pool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Billy
08-19-2005, 03:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BigRigTom:</font><hr> Every so often I see a reference to the RSB seeming to refer to some forum post or something like a discussion group.
For Instance my downloaded WEI table program loads with the letters RSB inscribed all the way across the table cloth.

It may be a stupid question...but with is the RSB? <hr /></blockquote>

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.billiard?hl=en

this may help

jmo

Bob_Jewett
08-19-2005, 03:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BigRigTom:</font><hr>... what is the RSB? <hr /></blockquote>
rec.sport.billiard

It's a newsgroup that was started in 1994 and had existed as alt.sport.pool which started in February 1993. Google provides access to newsgroups as do some service providers. See http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.sport.billiard?hl=en

The search capabilities on newsgroups under Google Groups is generally much better than on captive boards like this one and AZB.

Unfortunately, RSB is an unmoderated group, which means that you have to put up with some really obnoxious posters. On a moderated forum like CCB, such people are kicked off, sometimes repeatedly. There are newsreader programs -- sort of like a web browser but much simpler -- which can be trained to block messages by title or author.

The question isn't stupid at all. I suspect that most internet users these days are unaware of newsgroups.

BigRigTom
08-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Thanks too all!
I have learned something new.
I have seen the Google groups but just never stopped to look into them.
Great resource....even when you have to wade through all the junk.
Thanks Again!
Tom