PDA

View Full Version : StrokeTrainer Adjustments Question

Sid_Vicious
08-20-2005, 01:26 PM
The ST has those rows of holes for mounting the guide vane and I put mine in the center line of holes. It feels like my natural line I fall into says the holes for proper mount might need to be to the left of center but I wanted to ask those here with these things whether they used any other holes besides the center ones. Thanks...sid

TommyT
08-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Use the center holes. Your cue should line up with the groove on the left side of the vane. If you have to use any other holes but the center, don't bother with the trainer,it won't help.
I turn mine around and stroke without the use of the guide. That's a good test of how straight your stroke is.
TommyT

TommyT
08-21-2005, 11:41 AM
I meant the groove on the right side of the guide.
TommyT

BigRigTom
08-21-2005, 12:32 PM
Sid,
Those other holes allow you to mount the upright vane left or right of center.
The reason you may choose to do that is IF you have a larger than average hand or smaller that average hand.....this is only necessary when you notice that in placing you stroke hand against the upright your cue is not centered on the guide post even though it in a straight line.
The cue should be in line both with the engraved mark in the base plate and with the center of the post through which you are stroking.
I have spent quite a bit of time working on mine and I guess I am pretty much average height and weight(for a man that is) and have and average size hand and arm reach too because when I put the vane in the middle position my cue lines up perfectly.
If you were a 350 lb. NFL PRO LINEMAN your hand may be a size that would require and off set position of the upright vane.
By the same token if you are a petite lady of 4'10' with very small and danty hands (or a junior player age 8 or 10) you also may want to off set the guide to compensate for the size of your hand.