PDA

View Full Version : Mike S. vs. LJL Result????

Deeman2
08-21-2005, 10:46 PM
Anyone know sho won, the score, any details?

Deeman

theinel
08-22-2005, 03:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> Anyone know sho won, the score, any details?

Deeman <hr /></blockquote>
I don't have official confirmation of this but ras314 reported here that Mike Sigel won in straight sets 9-2, 9-2. The same was also reported on another message board.

Terry
08-22-2005, 04:09 AM
It's posted on AzBilliards.

Deeman2
08-22-2005, 09:18 AM
Thanks,

Deeman

wolfdancer
08-22-2005, 12:26 PM
Bobby Riggs beat Margaret Court
Re: the MS/LJL "match"....if it had been a fight, they would have stopped it, mercifully, in the second round.
As it was Emile G.(Mike) beat Benny P.(LJL) so bad,Doctor's have been called in to monitor her vital signs

9 Ball Girl
08-22-2005, 12:47 PM
Does anyone know if they're going to be televising this and when?

dg-in-centralpa
08-22-2005, 12:58 PM
I would hope so, with all the hoopla going on and touting the new IPT.

DG - counting down to September

paulmg57
08-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Hi everyone. This is my first post even though I have been perusing the site for a few months. I enjoy learning from all of your posts and the information relayed. Thanks.

At any rate, my wife and I went and witnessed the event in Vegas. Neither of us has ever seen a professional pool event before, and it was a marvelous show. Although Loree Jon did lose, it was not the blowout that the final score would suggest. She is a fine player and she just didn't loosen up enough to get fully into her game.

Mike was relentless in his play and his comments. It's too bad that he can't just let his game do his talking for him. He is a brilliant stick artist, but he still has to put in the verbal jabs.

But in answer to the question as to when the match will be shown on TV, the last word I heard is late September even though I had heard early Sept previous to that. There was also mention of it being made into a DVD, but that is left to be seen.

Thanks again to all of you regular posters. I really enjoy the things I have learned from your combined experiences.

vinnie717
08-22-2005, 04:46 PM
on az it said tommy hearns was there. Never knew the hitman like pool. In the detroit free press it says hes got an itch to fight again.

Stretch
08-24-2005, 10:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote vinnie717:</font><hr> on az it said tommy hearns was there. Never knew the hitman like pool. In the detroit free press it says hes got an itch to fight again. <hr /></blockquote>

Ya he'd make a great partner for money matches. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif Lets see them stiff ya now! lol