PDA

View Full Version : Pool Pics by Hoppe

Wally_in_Cincy
06-18-2002, 12:48 PM
Does she sell these pics to the public? Is there a website? Does anybody know?

06-18-2002, 01:32 PM
Hey Wally! I have her card and when I'm done with my match tonite and get home, I'll send it over to you. Doesn't hurt to call her and ask, right?

9 Ball Girl
06-18-2002, 01:34 PM
I keep forgetting to sign in when I do this from work. Here it is again...Hey Wally! I have her card and when I'm done with my match tonite and get home, I'll send it over to you. Doesn't hurt to call her and ask, right?

Wally_in_Cincy
06-18-2002, 01:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I keep forgetting to sign in when I do this from work. Here it is again...Hey Wally! I have her card and when I'm done with my match tonite and get home, I'll send it over to you. Doesn't hurt to call her and ask, right? <hr></blockquote>

Hmmm... so she does this strictly for fun?

Thierry Layani
06-18-2002, 01:39 PM
Yes she does sell most of the pictures she's taken. If you can't get in touch with her just contact me, I know how to reach her.
Thierry Layani
www.layanicues.com (http://www.layanicues.com)
1-888-651-7381

9 Ball Girl
06-18-2002, 01:59 PM
That I'm not sure of. I can find out from my friend tonite. I'll let you know.

9 Ball Girl
06-19-2002, 11:05 AM
Hey Wally. Here is Diane Hoppe's phone number, as promised. 828-697-2791

SPetty
06-19-2002, 03:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Does she sell these pics to the public? Is there a website? Does anybody know? <hr></blockquote>Hi Wally,

So who is Hoppe and why would anyone be interested in her pics?

Thierry Layani
06-19-2002, 04:48 PM
Diana is THE photographer in the world of pool. She works for many magazines and associations but she also has her own business selling pictures and making poster designs and things like that. I know her partner very well, Chantal Vezina, because she's a representative for my cues. They both travel all over the states in Chantal's motorhome (most of the time). They also do a lot of pictures for AZbilliards.

Thierry Layani
www.layanicues.com (http://www.layanicues.com)

Wally_in_Cincy
06-20-2002, 06:13 AM
Greetings 9 Ball Girl,

Thank you very much. Ya know unless she has a catalogue or a website or something it would be difficult for a potential customer to know what he/she is buying. Maybe she'll drop by the ole CCB sometime. Could be good for business. If not, I'll call her.

Sincerely,

Ken
06-20-2002, 07:45 AM
Wally, Both Diane and Chantal do indeed run the photography endeavor for fun. They are a delight to have at an event and they probably give away more photos than they sell. They always show many vintage photos as well as contemporary ones and those whose pictures are taken receive copies in exchange for signing some and returning them.

You should see them at the Open and other large events. Fortunately they were both at Chelmsford this year for the two Joss events and I got to watch them in action. They have all the facilities for processing the photos in the motor home. I took a few pics along with them but I think mine are still in the camera. They are low-res but I could send them out to anyone who is interested in seeing the kind of work they do. Chantal is also quite a good player.
KenCT

SPetty
06-20-2002, 11:06 AM
Thanks, Thierry,

I may have talked with her a bit in Vegas. There was a women who was always sneaking in between people to take pictures of the pros playing, sometimes sneaking into the arena area, always unobtrusively. The lady I talked to was quite attractive and very nice. If she has her own business as described below, then certainly she has a web site somewhere! With a name like Hoppe, is she related to any other pool greats?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Thierry Layani:</font><hr> Diana is THE photographer in the world of pool. She works for many magazines and associations but she also has her own business selling pictures and making poster designs and things like that. I know her partner very well, Chantal Vezina, because she's a representative for my cues. They both travel all over the states in Chantal's motorhome (most of the time). They also do a lot of pictures for AZbilliards.

Thierry Layani
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.layanicues.com>www.layanicues.com</a> <hr></blockquote>

Wally_in_Cincy
06-20-2002, 12:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SPetty:</font><hr> Thanks, Thierry,

I may have talked with her a bit in Vegas. There was a women who was always sneaking in between people to take pictures of the pros playing, sometimes sneaking into the arena area, always unobtrusively. The lady I talked to was quite attractive and very nice. If she has her own business as described below, then certainly she has a web site somewhere! With a name like Hoppe, is she related to any other pool greats?

<hr></blockquote>

No relation to Willie Hoppe

AzHousePro
06-20-2002, 01:56 PM
You may be thinking of Carla Bonner or Chantal who were both taking pics in Vegas. Carla is much taller than Chantal.

Mike

AzHousePro
06-20-2002, 02:00 PM
If you go to the online coverage for either of these events at http://www.azbilliards.com/josstour/classic2002/ and http://www.azbilliards.com/josstour/countryclub2002/ you will see a number of pics that were taken by Diana and Chantal.

9 Ball Girl
06-20-2002, 02:38 PM
Go here if you want to see a pic of Diane Hoppe herself. She's pictured on the left.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.tedharris.com/news_15.htm>http://www.tedharris.com/news_15.htm</a>

Tom_In_Cincy
06-20-2002, 04:56 PM
Wally
Last year while I was at the US Open, the lovely Ms. Hoppe had about 3 or 4 huge portfolios/albumns of pictures (B&amp;W and Color) of a lot of pool players from a lot of tournaments. I spent at least an hour, maybe more, going thru those albumns. Most of them had a price tag and were priced resonably.

Lots of great pics.

Tom_In_Cincy
06-20-2002, 05:03 PM
Mr. Howerton,
Thanks for sharing those pics with us.. you are a good man.

Pizza Bob
06-21-2002, 06:51 AM
Here she is from a slightly different errrrr....perspective.
http://www.jimbuss.com/leather.htm
Enjoy!

Adios,

Pizza Bob &lt;---with a tip-of-the-hat to Jim Buss

AzHousePro
06-21-2002, 09:35 AM
Thanks Tom. Diana and I actually are working together to provide coverage of a number of events. Both of those Joss events were ones that we provided coverage for. I expect we will be covering quite a few more once the new Joss tour starts.

Mike

SPetty
06-21-2002, 11:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: AzHousePro:</font><hr> You may be thinking of Carla Bonner or Chantal who were both taking pics in Vegas. Carla is much taller than Chantal.<hr></blockquote>Hi Mike,

After seeing the pictures of Diana, I don't think that's who I saw in Vegas. It was probably Carla, since she wasn't short either!

Ken
06-21-2002, 12:26 PM
Here's a pic of Chantal and Diana. It comes up fine on the preview but it probably won't when it gets to the thread. Why am I not surprised? Maybe the URL works:

<a target="_blank" href=http://geocities.com/wright_ken>http://geocities.com/wright_ken</a>

06-21-2002, 05:17 PM
Diana,
Is by far one of the best thinsg to happen to pool in a very long time. No only is she tremendously talented, but very creative and inovative. Work like her Hall of Fame photos is exceptional. She had a great ability to be there nad not be noticed even in the middle of great matches in major events.
I have had the opporatunity to work with her in many events, major pro events and many open events, She has always come out on top. Players love her work, room owners buy is and display it in their rooms, collectors deal with her and most of all the public really seems to like her work.
Her prices are fare, she makes sure the players are compensated and when she and Chantel work a tournament especially in conjunction with Mike at AZ Billiards, it is incredable. Fast online pics, stories accurate and non bius.
Diana is my friend yes but she is truly a professional and asset to the world of pool.
Pat Murray

06-21-2002, 05:20 PM
You and your friend do excellent work.
Pat

06-22-2002, 09:16 AM
To all of you that have found an interest in Pool Pic's by Hoppe, I must say you have stumbled upon the most inventive photographer I have EVER had the pleasure of meeting. The brain behind Pool Pic's belongs to Diana Hoppe. As far as I know she is the only photographer in pool to actually compensate the players for photographs as well as autographs. If you have not had a chance to see her work you MUST, I will never forget the pic of the Ashton twins (and their cleavage) spread across a pool table. Diana Hoppe is exactly what this sport needs, a little creativity to spark interest in the sport that we all love so much. For those of you interested in finding info on Pool Pic's I can help at least a little. I was lucky enough to be at a tournament in January and I ran into Miss. Hoppe. Sometime last year she was able to get all the young, hot pool players together for something she calls, "The Young Masters" and none the less these are signed photos! As far as I know they are not for sale yet, but I will be first in line to get one when she decides to let it loose. If you want to know more about Pool Pic's feel free to drop me a line! zoralusa@yahoo.com
I will be more than happy to support this young women, it seems she can do great things for the world of pool! I know as of now she is still working on getting her website up and running, but she seems to stay pretty busy with all the time she spends promoting the wonderful sport of pool!

Vicki
06-24-2002, 10:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Pat Murray:</font><hr> Diana,
Is by far one of the best thinsg to happen to pool in a very long time. No only is she tremendously talented, but very creative and inovative. Work like her Hall of Fame photos is exceptional. She had a great ability to be there nad not be noticed even in the middle of great matches in major events.

Diana is my friend yes but she is truly a professional and asset to the world of pool.
Pat Murray <hr></blockquote>

I could not agree more! She is an exceptional person who is memorable in every way... if you ever met her - you remember her!

Diana recently did some work for Capone Custom Cues, designing and producing promo photos of Mika Immonen with the Capone logo. They were perfect. We got great service. The photos were delivered to our booth at the Hopkins Expo, as promised! Look for Diana this weekend at the charity event for Red Willis in Greenville, SC at the Golden Cue. Also, at the US Open, BCA Trade Show and Joss events. She has - by far - the best collection of pool photos in the world. They are not like anything you have ever seen before!