PDA

View Full Version : Hand Injury Day Before You Play

Sid_Vicious
08-27-2005, 06:44 AM
I took a dark hallway the wrong way last night and jammed my right hand on a door jam, didn't seem serious at the time, but oldness I guess had the hand in such shape in the morning that I can't even light a bic lighter with that hand.

Question is, "What if anything can you do to get into playing ability in just hours?" Do you try and work it out physically? Working with it at the time after it happened seemed to be fixing it but today is another story.

Soooo, is it a lost day as far as playing? Have you ever experienced a hand injury and then played with any kind of ability the very next day? Thanks...sid

Pied Piper
08-27-2005, 08:02 AM
Well I say play open bridge, and if you lose, you got an awesome excuse!

Sid_Vicious
08-27-2005, 08:13 AM
It is my grip hand otherwise I would consider that. I think it is a little better and will work at some level, but it did cause me to post and ask the world about it. New thoughts???sid

Rod
08-27-2005, 08:49 AM
Sid, You might find the tenderness will slow you up a bit and you'll play just fine. Maybe limit some power strokes but you'll think more about better position before you leave yourself one of those.

If it was me I'd take 4 Motrin/Ibuprofen, those really help sore muscles. Eat a good meal first.

Rod

Sid_Vicious
08-27-2005, 09:18 AM
It lossened up a lot after I was up for a bit, and I hit some shots on the Brunswick a while ago which worked. Hell that limitation of movement might be a good thing, as they say, "Beware of the sick or injured opponent." Thanks... sid~~~ain't got no ibuprofen in the house

Rich R.
08-27-2005, 09:59 AM
Put an ice pack on the affected area. It will help reduce any swelling and may ease the pain.
It is worth a shot.

dg-in-centralpa
08-27-2005, 02:50 PM
The only injury I had before playing, I ended up in the hospital. But you know that story. I agree to try ice.

Duane

littleCajun
08-29-2005, 07:07 AM
Sid,
This happened to me early this year. I actullay broke my grip hand 3 days before vegas. I took a heavy dose of Ibprofin and kept an Ice pack on it 20 min. at a time when I wasnt playing. I actullay played pretty well. The one plus was I did now it was broken until after vegas. I just thought I had a bad sprain. Dont warm up to much.