PDA

View Full Version : 3-Cusion Billiards Table Size

Virgil_Starkwell
08-28-2005, 03:20 PM
3-Cushion carom tables are sold in sizes from the 5' x 10' down to 3 1/2' x 7'. I'm curious as to how the smaller sizes table effects the game (the angles have got to be differnt -- no?). And who plays on the smaller carom tables? Do you find them in truck-stop bars in Belgium and The Netherlands? Do they have tournaments for them, like the bar-table tournament in the USA?

JPB
08-28-2005, 04:16 PM
I think a 4 ball version of straight rail is popular on 4X8 tables in parts of Asia. I have played on a 4.5X9 and found things run shorter. But that could be just the table I suppose. From what I have heard, kisses go way up on smaller tables. I am not the expert tho.

Bob_Jewett
08-28-2005, 05:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Virgil_Starkwell:</font><hr> 3-Cushion carom tables are sold in sizes from the 5' x 10' down to 3 1/2' x 7'. I'm curious as to how the smaller sizes table effects the game (the angles have got to be differnt -- no?). And who plays on the smaller carom tables? Do you find them in truck-stop bars in Belgium and The Netherlands? Do they have tournaments for them, like the bar-table tournament in the USA? <hr /></blockquote>
Mostly the smaller table makes the game easier. They are found in bars and cafes in Europe. Korean rooms in the US have slightly smaller tables (4.5x9?)with slightly larger balls (65mm) for 4-ball billiards. In Austria, they actually have a national championship for 3-C on the smaller table, and the averages are about 50% higher for the top players compared to their 5x10 averages.