PDA

View Full Version : Comments on this tables ???

RedHell
08-28-2005, 09:33 PM
Hi all,

First let me apologies for not being around more, we have been moving and working hard on our new house. Well I have now reach the critical part of my new home... the pool room.

I've been shopping around and got an opportunity on the following table:

http://www.billiard-service.com/used-table-pictures/brunswick-heritage-end.jpg

http://www.billiard-service.com/used-table-pictures/brunswick-heritage-top.jpg

I've looked everywhere and can't identify what it is. All I have is the metal plate that reads "Heritage By Brunswick" and "Made in USA". Troy posted this question 3 years ago and the only answer that would make sense was that Heritage was a line of Brunswick table, but not the model.

But to be honest, I haven't seen anything even referring this line of table.

Does anyone know what it is...

Also, this table doesn't have standard cross beams running across the table. It uses a single beam, made of 2 pieces of solid wood running on the longside (9foot) in the middle, with what appears to be one inch planks under the slate joints. Would that be a concern for stability.

The current owner told be that the table hasn't move an iota since it was originaly leveled (early 80s), but I'm concerned that even if it did, he wouldn't see the difference... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks for all !!!

stephen_joyce
08-29-2005, 04:44 AM
DON'T KNOW THE TABLE BUT THOSE POKETS LOOK LIKE SNOOKER CUT POCKETS.
RGDS
SJ

stephen_joyce
08-29-2005, 04:48 AM
Hi
i just downloaded the pic and zoomed in, definatly a snooker table , no points on center pockets , no diamonds on the rails, even has the spots for the colured snoker balls still on the table, dont buy it (unless you want a snooker table).
regards
SJ

RedHell
08-29-2005, 05:26 AM
Yes the picture is a snooker table Heritage. But I didn't take the pictures, I found them on the net. The table I went and looked at was a 4 1/2 X 9 pool table, with the diamonds, the straight cut pockets and all...

Thanks anyway !

AustinFilAm
08-29-2005, 06:48 AM
I helped a friend disassemble an oversized 8' of this same model. The table is made good (not great). The slates are doweled. He is happy with his table.

dad8
08-29-2005, 07:50 AM
The slate on that table is unbacked thats why the cross beams look different they used a slate sub frame like Kasson.

RedHell
08-30-2005, 12:54 PM
Thanks all for the inputs...

I decided to go with an Century... It's not in perfect shape but I can fix it up slowly...

I'm picking it up this Friday and putting it together saturday. Now I got to go finnish the paint in the pool room or it won't be ready to welcome the table

Bye all ! Have fun in Virginia...