PDA

View Full Version : Joss and Mcdermott Cues

GolfProTj
08-31-2005, 03:22 PM
I need to know if you all think I'm nutz for not wanting to take my cue's to the local p-hall to play in a league because I don't want anything bad to happen to them. Damage and thieft are to two main worries. My Joss is about 550 or so and my Mcdermott was like 395,any feed back would be great. I've been take'n my joss with me and i'm more worried about it than my game.

Pizza Bob
08-31-2005, 04:18 PM
Yes!

Barbara
08-31-2005, 04:30 PM
I can understand completely. This would be why I can choose between my 4-figure custom cue and my $350 Harris sneaky pete.

Of course, there are pool halls you couldn't pay me to enter with a cue.

Barbara

GolfProTj
08-31-2005, 04:42 PM
The Billiards hall is Parkway Billiard and it's brand new, located on persmisson st. in bluffton sc, TOP NOTCH PLACE
thanks
tj

catscradle
09-01-2005, 05:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GolfProTj:</font><hr> I need to know if you all think I'm nutz for not wanting to take my cue's to the local p-hall to play in a league because I don't want anything bad to happen to them. Damage and thieft are to two main worries. My Joss is about 550 or so and my Mcdermott was like 395,any feed back would be great. I've been take'n my joss with me and i'm more worried about it than my game. <hr /></blockquote>
Yes and no. I worry about taking my high end cues to a poolroom (or bar), but what is the point of having them if you don't shoot with them? My most expensive cues are my Skip Weston and my Mike Webb. I bring them as readily as any other cue, but if I do I watch them like a hawk. You know though, I'd hate just as much to lose my 70 dollar Dufferin as one of my high end cues, but it would be less of a financial loss and more replacable.
Bring your Joss, just don't leave it laying around casually when you go take a "nature stop".

hondo
09-01-2005, 05:42 AM
Take your stick. Just stay sober. When I go
out honky tonkin I take a sneaky pete, however.

supercueman
09-01-2005, 06:26 AM
I have been collecting cues for 25 years... I play with a $2500.00 Chudy(rc3) I have noticed that if I change to another cue because of the conditions I don't play as well..I will tell you this ... If I have to use the rest room... My Chudy goes with me....I hope this helps...

TennesseeJoe
09-01-2005, 09:27 AM
Its sort of like the woman who takes her $25,000 fur coat to the restaurant and leaves it with a hat check girl who is working for tips. Do you own the cue or does it own you???

Fred Agnir
09-01-2005, 09:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GolfProTj:</font><hr> I need to know if you all think I'm nutz for not wanting to take my cue's to the local p-hall to play in a league because I don't want anything bad to happen to them. Damage and thieft are to two main worries. My Joss is about 550 or so and my Mcdermott was like 395,any feed back would be great. I've been take'n my joss with me and i'm more worried about it than my game. <hr /></blockquote>Yes, I think you're nutz. Take the cue, the JOSS cue with you. Don't leave it alone if you're worried.

Fred

Rich R.
09-01-2005, 06:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GolfProTj:</font><hr> I need to know if you all think I'm nutz for not wanting to take my cue's to the local p-hall to play in a league because I don't want anything bad to happen to them. Damage and thieft are to two main worries. My Joss is about 550 or so and my Mcdermott was like 395,any feed back would be great. I've been take'n my joss with me and i'm more worried about it than my game. <hr /></blockquote>What I think is "nutz", is paying almost a thousand dollars, for two cues, then leaving them in the corner at home. Unless you prefer warped house cues, I would take the cues with me.

StormHotRod300
09-03-2005, 09:07 PM
ok, if your that leary of bring your cue's to a pool hall then buy a cheap sneaky pete to bring.

when i goto pool halls, i have no worries about leaving my cues out. the place i frequent now, when theres tournaments theres normally two tables that people use to lay thier cues n cases on. And i have never heard of someone losing a cue at this place.

I have gone through several cues in the past yr, anything from a Schon LTD, to a couple Meucci Originals, and now to a Espiritu, and never once worried about someone swiping my cues.

But i guess all pool halls are different.

dave

GolfProTj
09-03-2005, 09:14 PM
Post deleted by ccb_admin_2

StormHotRod300
09-04-2005, 10:12 PM
no sorry,

I have two Stock model Espiritu's that i like playing with. One i bought back in april for 430$ and the other i just bought last week for 175$ (used) from a friend who stopped playing pool. Both are basically the same, cocobolo, but one has 8 birdseye windows w/ white &amp; black speck wrap and the other is just cocobolo with black &amp; white speck wrap.

And my Schon LTD i sold/traded last summer for a Omen J/B cue, which i no longer have duuurrrr.

and the two Meucci's i had i sold once i bought the first Espiritu.

Seriously if your looking for a cue in the 150$ range, buy a Action sneaky pete for 60$ if your wanting something that you dont want to worry about being swipped.

Fast_Eddie
09-18-2005, 06:30 AM
Maybe it's just my town. I hang out in some seedy places though just seems there's a code of honor on a stick. Many will even watch out for you. Us players stick together. BUT this is a town of only 100,000. But even in smaller and larger cities I've never lost one. Lost a case once! But one like mine was left there. Just an honst mistake just lost a crushed diamond scuffer that is no longer produced. It looks just like a steel one but will never wear out. Made by Brad. Anyone know where I can replace that baby? Had it for 16 years! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Fast_Eddie
09-18-2005, 06:33 AM
Only problem with a sneaky pete is some grab them thinking they are a bar stick. They don't steal them out just grab it to use.