PDA

View Full Version : Where is Pelican ???? R.U. OK ??

ceebee
08-31-2005, 08:06 PM
Hi folks, has Pelican reported in yet. He lives close to the storm country on the Gulf Coast. He invited us folks to attend the Gulf Coast Classic, awhile back.

catscradle
09-01-2005, 05:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ceebee:</font><hr> Hi folks, has Pelican reported in yet. He lives close to the storm country on the Gulf Coast. He invited us folks to attend the Gulf Coast Classic, awhile back. <hr /></blockquote>

I was wondering that myself. It has been quite a long time since he has posted. I hoping that the reason he hasn't posted is because he no longer post, not due to any effect of Katrina.
If anybody is in contact with him via means other than CCB I for one would like to hear how he is doing after Katrina.
Speaking of Katrina, I do hope everybody will make whatever contribution they can afford to the relief effort.

Vapros
09-01-2005, 06:39 AM
I'm in Baton Rouge. There's not much but bad news from here to Alabama, at least near the coast. Probably no electricity in Pelican's neighborhood. Don't assume anything except that he probably has lots of problems right now. Most of those people will be okay, but it may be quite a while - like weeks. Everything you're seeing on TV is true.

Scott Lee
09-01-2005, 03:28 PM
I tried to email and call Pelican. From what I saw on the news of Mobile, it is VERY likely that there is no phone or electric service where he's at, which is less than 30 miles (as the crow flies) from downtown Mobile. He and cycopath both have homes, businesses, and families near the Gulf Shores area, and I am certainly praying that all of them got through this storm without too much devastation. Like Vapros said, there is widespread damage, especially in that particular area, from Mobile Bay to New Orleans.

Scott Lee

landshark77
09-03-2005, 08:28 PM
What was the exact day the storm hit??? He posted on another board on the 30th. I too hope he and his are well. He seems like a great guy.

cycopath
09-07-2005, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the concern from all.

Pelican is a-ok. Internet service has been down since the storm. We were very blessed, in that we really didn't suffer any serious damage. I'm minus quite a few shingles from my present home, and lost another tree (along with the several lost during Ivan last year) in the backyard at our home the wife and I are working on.

Pelican lives on a quiet creek, it rose between 8-10ft. That brought water right up to the backporch but nothing damaged. His pier wasn't so lucky. His 39 1/2ft Biloxi Lugger (Delores Catherine) floated on top of the pier and pretty much took it out. Boat appears to be without serious injury though.

I really feel for those unfortunate folks in Louisiana and Mississippi.

Rich R.
09-07-2005, 10:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> Pelican is a-ok. <hr /></blockquote>
That's good news. Thanks for the update.