PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Katrina: Open Letter to President Bush

SnakebyteXX
09-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Dear Mr. Bush:

Any idea where all our helicopters are? It's Day 5 of Hurricane Katrina and thousands remain stranded in New Orleans and need to be airlifted. Where on earth could you have misplaced all our military choppers? Do you need help finding them? I once lost my car in a Sears parking lot. Man, was that a drag.

Also, any idea where all our national guard soldiers are? We could really use them right now for the type of thing they signed up to do like helping with national disasters. How come they weren't there to begin with?

tLast Thursday I was in south Florida and sat outside while the eye of Hurricane Katrina passed over my head. It was only a Category 1 then but it was pretty nasty. Eleven people died and, as of today, there were still homes without power. That night the weatherman said this storm was on its way to New Orleans. That was Thursday! Did anybody tell you? I know you didn't want to interrupt your vacation and I know how you don't like to get bad news. Plus, you had fundraisers to go to and mothers of dead soldiers to ignore and smear. You sure showed her!

I especially like how, the day after the hurricane, instead of flying to Louisiana, you flew to San Diego to party with your business peeps. Don't let people criticize you for this -- after all, the hurricane was over and what the heck could you do, put your finger in the dike?

And don't listen to those who, in the coming days, will reveal how you specifically reduced the Army Corps of Engineers' budget for New Orleans this summer for the third year in a row. You just tell them that even if you hadn't cut the money to fix those levees, there weren't going to be any Army engineers to fix them anyway because you had a much more important construction job for them -- BUILDING DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ!

On Day 3, when you finally left your vacation home, I have to say I was moved by how you had your Air Force One pilot descend from the clouds as you flew over New Orleans so you could catch a quick look of the disaster. Hey, I know you couldn't stop and grab a bullhorn and stand on some rubble and act like a commander in chief. Been there done that.

There will be those who will try to politicize this tragedy and try to use it against you. Just have your people keep pointing that out. Respond to nothing. Even those pesky scientists who predicted this would happen because the water in the Gulf of Mexico is getting hotter and hotter making a storm like this inevitable. Ignore them and all their global warming Chicken Littles. There is nothing unusual about a hurricane that was so wide it would be like having one F-4 tornado that stretched from New York to Cleveland.

No, Mr. Bush, you just stay the course. It's not your fault that 30 percent of New Orleans lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had no transportation to get out of town. C'mon, they're black! I mean, it's not like this happened to Kennebunkport. Can you imagine leaving white people on their roofs for five days? Don't make me laugh! Race has nothing -- NOTHING -- to do with this!

You hang in there, Mr. Bush. Just try to find a few of our Army helicopters and send them there. Pretend the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast are near Tikrit.

Yours,

Michael Moore
MMFlint@aol.com
www.MichaelMoore.com (http://www.MichaelMoore.com)
web page (http://www.politicalaffairs.net/article/articleview/1776/1/32/)

rukiddingme
09-03-2005, 02:16 AM
I don't think I could have said it better myself.
The only thing I can add is that there are dire consequences to having an incompetent as the President of the USA...aka the President of the Planet Earth.
ruk

pooltchr
09-03-2005, 06:15 AM
I agree that the entire situation certainly could have been handled better. However, turning a disaster as huge as this one into a political football is, in my opinion, just as bad as the failures on the part of many to deal with the situation. Jesse Jackson was on the news this morning trying to make a racial issue out of this. Why not get out "his people" and try to do some good rather than criticize the government.

I heard a story about a little boy who had been in the superdome. When he finally was boarding a bus to get out, they told him he had to leave his dog behind! The boy was shipped out, and Snowball was left to fend for himself! I don't know if the boy was black, white, or green! IT DOESN"T MATTER! We have to do better! There will be plenty of time to point fingers after we get the mess cleaned up! To anyone who is spouting off about who didn't do what, I challenge them to take that energy and HELP THE PEOPLE WHO NEED HELP! Get off your soapbox, put aside political agendas and get the job taken care of.

On another note, as a former member of the US Coast Guard, I am proud to see them in there doing what they train to do...helping people who are in trouble. Having pulled many people out of the water during my time in the service, I can tell you these people will put their lives on the line until every one that can be saved has been saved. Our motto was always "you have to go out...you don't necessarily have to come back!"
Semper Paratus!
Steve

Drop1
09-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Is there any place in the United States prepared for disaster? I saw two riots in California,and the niggers,and spics were running out of the stores with arms full of merchandise,and no one to stop them. Little Bush doesn't have a clue. That nigger on the Music Awards show was right on. Really we don't have a President.

Gayle in MD
09-10-2005, 06:07 AM
Excuse me, but, your reference to a political football is so damn far off base it isn't even funny. This has been the spin of the right in this country for five years now. I, for one, am sick and tired of hearing it. For you to suggest that those who are outraged by the inhumane, irresponsible, incompetance of this administration to handle this national disaster, are as bad as those in this administration who ignorred the cries for help by those who were left to die without food or water by our corrupt, uncaring president and his corrupt administration is total complete denial.

WHEN does this administration ever take responsibility for their incompetance? WHEN do you Bush supporters EVER have enough intellect to see the reality before your eyes, and call a spade a spade? What else has to happen to this country for you people to shake yourselves out of your collective fog?

When a president has the gall to declare "War On Terror" and then turns around and appoints not one, but two incompetant directors of Fema, and Homeland security, atleast one of which had a resumme' which was full of lies which went undetected by this administration, and you people from the right don't want any issue made of it, then exactly when do you think an issue should be made of it?

Michael Brown didn't even know that people were stranded without food or water for four days, until thursday. Was he not appointed by your illustrious idiot in the White House, who was BTW, too busy to step into a National Disaster of tremendous proportions because he was out raising money, and on an extended vacation?

You are presumptuous to assume that those who are outraged, and demand accountability, are not also contributing to the efforts to help these people.

The deaths of those who died lay right in the lap of those blind supporters of George Bush who have defended his every illegal, uncaring, illplanned, catastrophic, short sighted act as president, IMO. The guilty are those who have continually taken shots at those citizens who have cried out for accountability from this impotent bunch of wealthy skumbags who have taken over this country.

He had no interest in helping those people, there would be no opportunity to jump into a flight suit and play Commander, no historical dramatic photo ops, to use later to erase the historical flop which was his father's legacy.
Those who suggest that this failure had nothing to do with George Bush, and nothing to do with racists views which are deeply hidden by the right, but entirely evident in their appropriations of money in this idiotic factious unfair tax structure, are the dumbest of the dumb. When corporations own government, and the poor and disadvantaged of our country are left behind, and left to die, un-noticed by the same president who has robbed the poor to give to the rich, and his imcompetant appointees, his emergency directors, and then people like you want to spin the outrage into some kind of political ploy, I say you are just as guilty as George Bush and his inexperienced ignorant racist appointees.

Gayle in Md.

rukiddingme
09-10-2005, 08:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Excuse me, but, your reference to a political football is so damn far off base it isn't even funny. This has been the spin of the right in this country for five years now. I, for one, am sick and tired of hearing it. For you to suggest that those who are outraged by the inhumane, irresponsible, incompetance of this administration to handle this national disaster, are as bad as those in this administration who ignorred the cries for help by those who were left to die without food or water by our corrupt, uncaring president and his corrupt administration is total complete denial.

WHEN does this administration ever take responsibility for their incompetance? WHEN do you Bush supporters EVER have enough intellect to see the reality before your eyes, and call a spade a spade? What else has to happen to this country for you people to shake yourselves out of your collective fog?

When a president has the gall to declare "War On Terror" and then turns around and appoints not one, but two incompetant directors of Fema, and Homeland security, atleast one of which had a resumme' which was full of lies which went undetected by this administration, and you people from the right don't want any issue made of it, then exactly when do you think an issue should be made of it?

Michael Brown didn't even know that people were stranded without food or water for four days, until thursday. Was he not appointed by your illustrious idiot in the White House, who was BTW, too busy to step into a National Disaster of tremendous proportions because he was out raising money, and on an extended vacation?

You are presumptuous to assume that those who are outraged, and demand accountability, are not also contributing to the efforts to help these people.

The deaths of those who died lay right in the lap of those blind supporters of George Bush who have defended his every illegal, uncaring, illplanned, catastrophic, short sighted act as president, IMO. The guilty are those who have continually taken shots at those citizens who have cried out for accountability from this impotent bunch of wealthy skumbags who have taken over this country.

He had no interest in helping those people, there would be no opportunity to jump into a flight suit and play Commander, no historical dramatic photo ops, to use later to erase the historical flop which was his father's legacy.
Those who suggest that this failure had nothing to do with George Bush, and nothing to do with racists views which are deeply hidden by the right, but entirely evident in their appropriations of money in this idiotic factious unfair tax structure, are the dumbest of the dumb. When corporations own government, and the poor and disadvantaged of our country are left behind, and left to die, un-noticed by the same president who has robbed the poor to give to the rich, and his imcompetant appointees, his emergency directors, and then people like you want to spin the outrage into some kind of political ploy, I say you are just as guilty as George Bush and his inexperienced ignorant racist appointees.

Gayle in Md.
<hr /></blockquote>

TAP TAP TAP!!!
You go girl!!!
ruk

Sid_Vicious
09-10-2005, 10:43 AM
I'll second that! Real people died because of the unbelievable ineptness of those in charge, and to make this right vs left is only a subtraction of character from those choosing to do so. When women and children perish out of gross incompetence from the top down, it don't matter a damn what political affiliation is involved, they should be hit with all of the brunt force we as a nation can heap upon them. Impeachment fits the crime IMO, the resultant, needless deaths equal a capital offense. Some of you people don't surprise me, but you sure ought to shock yourselves if you ever step back and really look at this with no political bias. This is purely a sad expression to the world for accountability to be gauged by politics. Real people, American citizens, who GW says he is protecting by going to Iraq, were left to die by the same horse's ass. I'd call him that if he was a Dem, a criminal is a criminal, case closed...sid

DiddleESquat
09-10-2005, 12:55 PM
Hey Drop1,

The cleaners called. Your Klan Robes are ready. You really do want to look spiffy for tonight's cross burning don't you? Or is your Neo-nazi uniform for the white supremacist goose stepping ball? Damn I get confused.

Funny how no one else had jack to say about your racist language. Of course, if your last name were Bush I suppose it would be different, right Gayle? /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

DiddleESquat

Stretch
09-10-2005, 02:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DiddleESquat:</font><hr> Hey Drop1,

The cleaners called. Your Klan Robes are ready. You really do want to look spiffy for tonight's cross burning don't you? Or is your Neo-nazi uniform for the white supremacist goose stepping ball? Damn I get confused.

Funny how no one else had jack to say about your racist language. Of course, if your last name were Bush I suppose it would be different, right Gayle? /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

DiddleESquat <hr /></blockquote>

Well put Diddle. Drop1 is not only racist, but sexist too. I'm sure that's clear to everyone by now so nuff said about that. Obviously nuthing much has changed in the South for the past 100 years in terms of attitude.

As far as Bush goes. Impeachment is not enough for this blathering idiot as it amounts to nuthing more than a golden handshake. He should be sharing the same cell with Saddam. Birds of a feather. St.

SPetty
09-10-2005, 02:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr>Drop1 is not only racist, but sexist too. I'm sure that's clear to everyone by now so nuff said about that. <hr /></blockquote>Some things bear repeating...<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr>Obviously nuthing much has changed in the South for the past 100 years in terms of attitude. <hr /></blockquote>South Mexico-China-Los Angeles? That's where he claims to be...

Vapros
09-10-2005, 04:47 PM
All you Bush-haters seem to feel that incompetence and corruption happen only among conservatives. It occurs to me that you have very short memories, and I hope that some day you are able to elect another president. I really do.

Don't you wish Kerry was in the White House? He probably would have subbed out the rescue effort to one of his foreign companies, and it would not have started yet. Or Hillary, maybe. Think about that.

In the meantime, keep throwing them rocks. Losing is not all bad, is it? Your turn will come . . . some day.

Drop1
09-10-2005, 05:55 PM
At this time,I'm in Guadalajara Mexico. I have had some good input from people who have read all my posts. I will call Black people Black,because after reading a history of Blacks in America,and seeing the horrible conditions,and having an understanding of the Black condition,I cannot use the word nigger again. You should take some time,and read all my posts on this subject. There are two million people in prison in the United States half are black. A black person that commits a crime has a 35% greater chance of
going to prison than a white person who commits the same crime. That is a simple fact. That is a failure in the system. I said in one of my posts that as the U.S.becomes a third world country,it will be the Black,the poor,and the elderly that will exist at the bottom. In the year 2018 the largest number of student in the history of the U.S.,will be applying for college entrance. It is sad to say only 3%
will be Black. I said in my other post Bush is the worst natural disaster in the history of America. It is obvious you have not read the posts on my so called sexist position.Please read them. As for Stretch,he is a pathetic stooge for Gayle,a lady with her own set of problems.Right Gayle Dah<font color="black"> </font color> <font color="red"> </font color>

Stretch
09-10-2005, 06:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> At this time,I'm in Guadalajara Mexico. I have had some good input from people who have read all my posts. I will call Black people Black,because after reading a history of Blacks in America,and seeing the horrible conditions,and having an understanding of the Black condition,I cannot use the word nigger again. You should take some time,and read all my posts on this subject. There are two million people in prison in the United States half are black. A black person that commits a crime has a 35% greater chance of
going to prison than a white person who commits the same crime. That is a simple fact. That is a failure in the system. I said in one of my posts that as the U.S.becomes a third world country,it will be the Black,the poor,and the elderly that will exist at the bottom. In the year 2018 the largest number of student in the history of the U.S.,will be applying for college entrance. It is sad to say only 3%
will be Black. I said in my other post Bush is the worst natural disaster in the history of America. It is obvious you have not read the posts on my so called sexist position.Please read them. As for Stretch,he is a pathetic stooge for Gayle,a lady with her own set of problems.Right Gayle Dah<font color="black"> </font color> <font color="red"> </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

So u want to start with me? Fine! Congrats on becoming my new project you shi$ for brains. So You read a book on Blacks and now you "understand" the black conditon so can no longer use the the N word. Well stop the fuc$in Press. Flop1 is now an expert on Black culture. I'm sure your Catharsis has come in the nick of time and your speed reading damage control will let you sleep better at night. JERK!! Yes you! Feelin Frogy? Wanna jump? St.~~looking forward to a long and unfriendly time with flop1~~

Drop1
09-10-2005, 07:24 PM
Read "My views on race." I posted it a few moments ago.The poet Keats said,"To error is human,to forgive is Devine" I have no proplem with you. But I do have a problem with people that don't read all my posts,and I have a problem with people that attack memebers of my family,as Gayle did when she referred to my daughter-in-law,as "your daughter-in-lay. If you would rather rant,hey be my guest.

Gayle in MD
09-10-2005, 07:50 PM
John Kerry isn't president. There are no Clinton's in the WH for you to blame at the moment. Are you defending George Bush? He is the subject of this thread.

It occurs to me that YOU have a very Selective memory, try and stay current, The war with no end, the deficit, the failed SS attempt, the oil crises, the outing of a CIA top secret agent, the lies which led to the war, the people who died from Katrina, the rising insurgency, worldwide loss of respect and allies, millions in tax relief for the wealthy, while the poor and middle class struggle, these are all legacies of none other than George W. Chimpanzee Bush.

Anyone would be better in the White House than the Chimp. The losers are the dummies like you who are still supporting a lying, thieving, arrogant a$$hole like the chimp.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
09-10-2005, 07:53 PM
I don't read Drop 1's posts, FYI, once was enough, but I think he might be related to the Bush's...same racist, sexist, ignorant attitudes....

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
09-10-2005, 07:59 PM
HA HA HA. YOU are the one who used the term "Daughter-in-lay" you jerk. I merely highlighted your obvious freudian slip. Go crawl back under your rock.

Gayle in Md.

Stretch
09-10-2005, 08:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Read "My views on race." I posted it a few moments ago.The poet Keats said,"To error is human,to forgive is Devine" I have no proplem with you. But I do have a problem with people that don't read all my posts,and I have a problem with people that attack memebers of my family,as Gayle did when she referred to my daughter-in-law,as "your daughter-in-lay. If you would rather rant,hey be my guest. <hr /></blockquote>

Right so now u have a problem with ppl that don't read ALL your posts. Wut kind of egotistical bullsh#t is that. So now i'm not worthy of comment because i've not studyed your every utterance? PULEEEZE! spare me the painfull freekin research. Roll with it yourself pal and try useing some Keats concerning Gayle. You might learn something about Woman that your books have failed to registor. St.

Vapros
09-10-2005, 08:38 PM
I'm a little worried about you. A thing like this can eat you up from the inside. The New Orleans refugees aren't the only ones in need of help. Give us your address and we will send a chopper.

Drop1
09-10-2005, 08:44 PM
You are right. I only hope people read the whole thread. I still stand by what I said. I do agree with you on everything you have said about Bush. But that is the only thing I agree on. Bush thought it was funny,when the A.A.R.P were referred to by a State Senator,as The American Association of Retarded People. Anyway, I don't like you,and I like the idea you don't read my posts.

Drop1
09-10-2005, 08:59 PM
Sorry not worthy of comment,you didn't read all my posts. This must be fun for you.
Sincerly
Flip Flop

Stretch
09-11-2005, 06:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Sorry not worthy of comment,you didn't read all my posts. This must be fun for you.
Sincerly
Flip Flop <hr /></blockquote>

Yes it is fun, pathetic Stooge? Do u feel me now? GOOD get used to it a$$hole. I'm in your face till hell freezes over. St.

Gayle in MD
09-11-2005, 06:48 AM
AH HA HA HA, that's a good one, a fog headed Bush supporter happy with the Bush Status Quo, and living right in the midst of this latest Bush/resmuglican atrocity. Have some more kool aid and crawl right under that same rock.

What's the definition of apathy? I don't know and I don't care. Fits you to a tee....

Gayle in Md.

Vapros
09-11-2005, 07:04 AM
This has gone far enough, and then some. I hope you make it. I'm faxing a kleenex.

Over and out.

Gayle in MD
09-11-2005, 07:06 AM
Good, stop posting to me then, I don't like men who are obvious chauvinist, misogynist, sexists, and ignorant and uncaring enough to use the N. Word. Stay under your
rock.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
09-11-2005, 07:16 AM
Don't bother, I stocked up on the tissues days ago when I watched the poor disadvantaged in your state dying and suffering while your president and Vice-President were too busy vacationing to give a $hit, and then saw Bush, pat Michael Brown on the back complimenting him on doing such a fine job. I expect your illustrious president to give them both medals, like he does with all his other incompetent appointees, instead of firing them.

Gayle in Md.... Mad as hell and proud of it.

Drop1
09-11-2005, 10:03 AM
Oh!Thank You self proclaimed defender of all women. Out of my life...WoW there is a God.

pooltchr
09-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Gayle,
You immediately point the finger at the White House when something goes wrong.
Are you even aware that Bush offered to declair a "National Emergency" and was told by the Governer of LA to give her 24 hours to think about it????????????

The Mayor of NO was obviously not prepared to deal with the problems. Those hundreds of school busses sitting under water could have moved some of the underprivileged people out of harms way before the storm hit. No! He gets on TV and blasts the white house for not caring about the people down there.

The Governor gets on TV and cries about what a terrible crisis it is. (Don't get me wrong, it is terrible!) But I want a Governer who takes action, not just complains because Washington didn't act fast enough!
Responsibility for situations like this actually moves up the line, not down. The Mayor, if he couldn't deal with it should have gotten the Governer to help, then up to Washington. When 9/11 happened, Rudy was as on top of things as anyone could have been. And he didn't have the advantage of having 4 day's advance warning!

Once again, we have a situation where the people responsible only want to pass the blame on to someone else. And they seem to forget that help was offered, and TURNED DOWN by the Governer!

As I said, much more could have been done by EVERYONE, but placing all the blame on Bush is more politically motivated than it is accurate.

Steve

Drop1
09-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Don't feel a thing Lap Dog. Try to be a little more inventive in your insults maybe that would help. An example would be "Are you the poster boy for prozac,you pathetic brain challenged moron?" or you could try "your a walking reason for birth control" I could go on but please something not so mundane as a$$ hole. I mean even a person of your diminished intellegece can do better. Hope you can feel it Lap Dog. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Alfie
09-11-2005, 08:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> When 9/11 happened, Rudy was as on top of things as anyone could have been.<hr /></blockquote>What exactly did he do?

Stretch
09-11-2005, 09:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Don't feel a thing Lap Dog. Try to be a little more inventive in your insults maybe that would help. An example would be "Are you the poster boy for prozac,you pathetic brain challenged moron?" or you could try "your a walking reason for birth control" I could go on but please something not so mundane as a$$ hole. I mean even a person of your diminished intellegece can do better. Hope you can feel it Lap Dog. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

You call your examples inventive? sorry, wrong again.They are older than dirt. I don't play word games and rather get straight to the point. A$$hole is entirely appropriate and u ware it well. But fear not flop1 when this lap dog shits on ya you'll know it. Thanks for the Crap Corner you so graciously provide. St. ~~waiting for your next underwhelming attempt at a witty comeback~~

Sid_Vicious
09-12-2005, 06:01 AM
Rudy was as on top of things as anyone could have been. And he didn't have the advantage of having 4 day's advance warning!

Did not the agencies and especially the commander in charge have the same luxury of a warning? Our governmental services, from the top(Bush) down was embarrassing, full of disorganization, downright neglect and criminal. You say Gayle automatically points a finger at the whitehouse...well that's because this is where it belongs with this tragedy of piss poor response. Let's not talk Dems and Repubs, just about an individual. Bush is a mistake for leadership, a coward and not qualified to call our commander in chief. He failed miserably, and still is failing, it is self depreciating to your personal representation to keep a vigilance for Bush as a strong leader. He is a horrible president, and deserves ousting for his actions in all of this. I've heard it, you've heard it, "What these people need now(people dying in NO) is leadership, hope that someone is in charge." We didn't have that in Bush, he's a pitiful representative, all political affiliation aside, he JUST SUCKS! I'm surprised he has much if any support in this even within his own camp, and frankly I admire the Dems for not haunting him even more on all of this during the mahem. You Repubs have warned how it would have been worse if Kerry was in there. WTF! This couldn't have been worse, only better, and Bush, the man, not the Repub, is guilty as hell. sid

eg8r
09-12-2005, 06:09 AM
pooltchr, it just is not worth it. Everything is W's fault.

eg8r

Drop1
09-12-2005, 10:51 PM
You don't have the brains to play word games dick breath,but keep trying,you should come up with something someday.

nhp
09-13-2005, 02:47 AM
I don't like Bush much, but in this situation he cannot be blamed. He declared a state of emergency days before Katrina hit. The rest was out of his hands. The head of FEMA, the gov. of Lousiana, and mayor Nagin are at fault here. Bush did everything he was supposed to do, and getting rid of Brown was the right thing.

CarolNYC
09-13-2005, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What exactly did he do? <hr /></blockquote>

He NEVER closed his eyes,unlike the Mayor (Mayors) of New Orleans!
The piss poor quality of life for the people of New Orleans didnt happen over night-that took generations -so, hats off to the NO Mayor(s) for going into their comfortable beds at night and closing their eyes! /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Carol

Gayle in MD
09-13-2005, 05:10 AM
Carol, I don't know where you got that information, but that is not what they did. If you had been watching the news, they were in the middle of all of it, riding in boats, begging for help, pulling people off rooftops, while Bush and Cheney were vacationing. It took FEMA four days to get help to those people AFTER the Governor had asked Bush to declare a National Federal Emergency, I guess she didn't think she would have to worry about semantics, and that as president, he could figure out what that meant. No matter how you slice it, the man who was head of FEMA, who was appointed by Bush, as a political payback back scratch, was an idiot who actually stated on television that he didn't even know what was happening in NOrleans under that dome until thursday, and this is the head of our FEDERAL EMERGENCY???????? Bush, at a time when 911 should have caused him to put top priority on national security appointed not one, but two incompetent heads, FEMA, and Homeland Security, and lumped two separate security functions together, which as it turns out, did nothing but cripple our National response with red tape!

There is volumms of information out there which proves that the ultimate failure in getting help to those people lies with the Bush administration, and that Bush did not have his attention on a national emergency, nor did his appointees.

While he couldn't jump on the rubble fast enough in NY for his photo ops, it took him four days to even take a peak from a fly by jet ride at the poor, poverty strickened black people in New Orleans, many of them in low paying jobs, and tax payers, as well.

I saw many many film clips of the Governor and the Mayor during those days, and they were right in the middle of everything down there. Yes, they had buses, but the drivers for those buses fled the area to save their own skins. I'm not saying they couldn't have done better, but their mistakes do NOT even come close to the failure of Bush and his appointed federal and homeland security people, not to mention him, Bush, Cheney, Rice.....WHERE WERE THEY????
When Bush finally got there, he was complimenting Michael Brown for doing a great job?????? Talk about denial....where had he been for four days? The 82 Airbourne can get anywhere else in less than three days....

Once it became an emergency, it was the President of this country who dropped the ball....

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
09-13-2005, 05:43 AM
Are you aware that after the emergency was declared it took four days for George Bush to get up off his ass and take a peak? Did he know anything about New Orleans? Did he know a hurricane was coming to New Orleans? Did he know that N. O. had been begging for money to improve their floodprone soup bowl for years, and his policies were part of the reason that there was no money allocated to them? Did he appoint Michael Brown? Did he lump FEMA with HLS, and create Homeland Security, and in turn all the red tape which crippled emergency response? He was playing a guitar at a fund raiser, ya think he just might have checked out the news. The rest of the country was glued to the television watching people die and beg for help.

Are you aware that when situations become more than local Government can handle, the President of the United States of America can implement any and all Federal and National aid and assistance without anyone asking for anything?

When it comes to a National Emergency situation, I suppose you think that the man at the top, the President of the United States, has no responsibility for the way his own appointees respond, and his hands are tied to implement any aid to people who are dying? That is total complete political denial on YOUR part, IMO.

This was the worst National emergency that has ever occured in this country, George Bush totally dropped the ball, and you want to blame it all on a mayor and a governor? What kind of screwed up partisan thinking is that???????????
Is it EVER Bush's fault for you righties? Who the hell is running this country anyway? Who was standing there patting Michael Brown on the back, after Brown had admitted that he didn't even know about what was happening in New Orleans until THURSDAY?

George Bush should be impeached, and thrown in a cell with Saddam H.

But don't you folks from the right worry about anything now. alQaeda is still alive and well, bin Laden is still calling the shots with the terrorists, terrorists and insurgents are multiplying every day, the rest of the world looks at a dummie in the White House who can't put three correct sentenses together, Oil is through the roof, Poverty is increasing in our country, the Deficit is soaring, we have a lame National Security agency, we have a war going on that has done nothing to protect us, and is costing us a fortune, and increased the resolve of those who hate us and want to kill us, with no way of gracefully getting the hell out of there, but hey, can't blamer little Bushy for any of this, right? /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
09-13-2005, 06:01 AM
Who appointed Brown head of FEMA? George Bush
Who complimented Brown after all the people drowned, after the emergency was declared? George Bush
Who was too busy vacationing to get his feet on the ground in New Orleans for five days after the devastation? George Bush

Who the hell is running this country during the worst disaster to ever hit America? George Bush

What constitutes a national emergency is when local governemt can't handle the devastation to a given area. The emergency was declared five days before Bush and his appointees did ANYTHING! If it hadn't been for the coast gaurd, thousands more would have died. In fact, FEMA, (Bush's appointee) blocked and refused much of what should have gone smoothly, right down to cutting the communication lines of the local government, and refusing to give them generators because their red tape contingencies weren't satisfied for the placement of the generators!

This F**kup lies right in the lap of none other than the unelected president of the United States, George flubitup Bush.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
09-13-2005, 07:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who appointed Brown head of FEMA? George Bush <font color="red"> (agreed) </font color>
Who complimented Brown after all the people drowned, after the emergency was declared? George Bush <font color="red"> (I don't remember it but if it is true, then I agree.) </font color>
Who was too busy vacationing to get his feet on the ground in New Orleans for five days after the devastation? George Bush <font color="red"> (Ridiculous statement. Only those refusing to think believe Bush is ever on vacation. He is still running the country, he is just not in Washington. The President of the US does not ever get a real "vacation" until his Presidency is over. He responded immeadiately, however the mouths of the left who are heard the loudest will lie continually to everyone chanting, Blame Bush. The fact of the matter is that he called the governor immeadiatley and the Governor turned him away choosing to wait 24 more hours. </font color>

Who the hell is running this country during the worst disaster to ever hit America? George Bush <font color="red"> (More ridiculousness coming from the desperate left. Now it is W's fault that during his time the worse NATURAL disaster to ever hit America happened on his watch. The desparate left will continue telling us it was W's fault mother nature decided to strike again.) </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

eg8r

Barbara
09-13-2005, 07:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> <font color="red"> The fact of the matter is that he called the governor immeadiatley and the Governor turned him away choosing to wait 24 more hours. </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

THANK YOU!

Barbara

eg8r
09-13-2005, 07:22 AM
The "Blame Bush" crowd has seen this as another opportunity to go after Bush and they are ignoring some of the real facts.

eg8r

pooltchr
09-13-2005, 07:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> the unelected president of the United States, George flubitup Bush.

Gayle in Md.
<hr /></blockquote>

Do you happen to have the popular and electorial vote counts from the past election available, or would you like me to find them for you?

Also, you jumped on Carol and missed her point completely, which you see to do very well and frequently. Her point was that the Governer and Mayor down there were pretty comfortable letting things slide along business as usual, and then when the $hit hit the fan, they just cried foul and passed the blame on to someone else.

Try taking time to read some of these posts before you respond.

Qtec
09-13-2005, 09:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He responded immeadiately, however the mouths of the left who are heard the loudest will lie continually to everyone chanting, Blame Bush. The fact of the matter is that he called the governor immeadiatley and the Governor turned him away choosing to wait 24 more hours <hr /></blockquote>

What have I told you about Fox?

Here is the truth- if you can handle it.

Aug 29
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/08/20050829-5.html
G.W.Bush.
"I know my fellow citizens here in Arizona and across the country are saying our prayers for those affected by the -- Hurricane Katrina. Our Gulf Coast is getting hit and hit hard. I want the folks there on the Gulf Coast to know that the federal government is prepared to help you when the storm passes. I want to thank the governors of the affected regions for mobilizing assets prior to the arrival of the storm to help citizens avoid this devastating storm.

I urge the citizens there in the region to continue to listen to the local authorities. Don't abandon your shelters until you're given clearance by the local authorities. Take precautions because this is a dangerous storm. When the storm passes, the federal government has got assets and resources that we'll be deploying to help you. In the meantime, America will pray -- pray for the health and safety of all our citizens."

The phone call.

"Gov. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco, a motherly but steely figure known by the nickname Queen Bee, knew that she needed help. But she wasn't quite sure what. At about 8 p.m., she spoke to Bush. "Mr. President," she said, "we need your help. We need everything you've got."

Bush, the governor later recalled, was reassuring. But the conversation was all a little vague. Blanco did not specifically ask for a massive intervention by the active-duty military. "She wouldn't know the 82nd Airborne from the Harlem Boys' Choir," said an official in the governor's office, who did not wish to be identified talking about his boss's conversations with the president. There are a number of steps Bush could have taken, short of a full-scale federal takeover, like ordering the military to take over the pitiful and (by now) largely broken emergency communications system throughout the region. But the president, who was in San Diego preparing to give a speech the next day on the war in Iraq, went to bed.

Saturday

FEDERAL EMERGENCY DECLARED, DHS AND FEMA GIVEN FULL AUTHORITY TO RESPOND TO KATRINA: “Specifically, FEMA is authorized to identify, mobilize, and provide at its discretion, equipment and resources necessary to alleviate the impacts of the emergency.” [White House]

Sunday
2AM CDT – KATRINA UPGRADED TO CATEGORY 4 HURRICANE [CNN]

7AM CDT – KATRINA UPGRADED TO CATEGORY 5 HURRICANE [CNN]

MORNING — LOUISIANA NEWSPAPER SIGNALS LEVEES MAY GIVE: “Forecasters Fear Levees Won’t Hold Katrina”: “Forecasters feared Sunday afternoon that storm driven waters will lap over the New Orleans levees when monster Hurricane Katrina pushes past the Crescent City tomorrow.” [Lafayette Daily Advertiser]

9:30 AM CDT — MAYOR NAGIN ISSUES FIRST EVER MANDATORY EVACUATION OF NEW ORLEANS: “We’re facing the storm most of us have feared,” said Nagin. “This is going to be an unprecedented event.” [Times-Picayune]

4PM CDT – NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE ISSUES SPECIAL HURRICANE WARNING: In the event of a category 4 or 5 hit, “Most of the area will be uninhabitable for weeks, perhaps longer. … At least one-half of well-constructed homes will have roof and wall failure. All gabled roofs will fail, leaving those homes severely damaged or destroyed. … Power outages will last for weeks. … Water shortages will make human suffering incredible by modern standards.” [National Weather Service]

AFTERNOON — BUSH, BROWN, CHERTOFF WARNED OF LEVEE FAILURE BY NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER DIRECTOR: Dr. Max Mayfield, director of the National Hurricane Center: “‘We were briefing them way before landfall. … It’s not like this was a surprise. We had in the advisories that the levee could be topped.’” [Times-Picayune; St. Petersburg Times]
Wednesday
8PM CDT — FEMA DIRECTOR BROWN CLAIMS SURPRISE OVER SIZE OF STORM: “I must say, this storm is much much bigger than anyone expected.” [CNN] <font color="blue"> Incredible, isnt it. </font color>

Thursday, September 1
7AM CDT — BUSH CLAIMS NO ONE EXPECTED LEVEES TO BREAK: “I don’t think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees.” [Washington Post] <font color="blue"> LIAR </font color>

Katrina timeline-read it. http://www.thinkprogress.org/katrina-timeline

Q ...the only thing Bush is good at is covering his ass and blaming others for his own mistakes.
On 9/11 he flew about the country in a panic when he should have been leading. The reason then given was that there was a specific threat to Air Force One. Guess what- they LIED. It was a pure fabrication to save the Presidents face.
And YES, its TRUE. Faced with the first real emergency it only took them hours to come up with the first lie.
............ /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Sid_Vicious
09-13-2005, 09:12 AM
"The reason then given was that there was a specific threat to Air Force One."

YEA RIGHT! If there was such a worry why did the idiot sit in that classroom looking like a deer caught in headlights and not proceed to safety in case the school was the next plane's target? That's standard protocol ain't it? "Mr. President, the country has been attacked" is what he was told. "That dog won't hunt!" sid~~~finds Bust so easy to read through it's rediculous

DickLeonard
09-13-2005, 09:12 AM
Gayle at least we got Karl Rove off of the Front Page but it took plenty of ineptness to do that. ####

eg8r
09-13-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What have I told you about Fox?

Here is the truth- if you can handle it.

<hr /></blockquote> I really don't care what you have told me, it is obvious you have not listened yourself. Be a big boy now and listen real closely...PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH. I have stated more than enough times that I don't read Fox news. Either you are ignoring this or are just to dumb to comprehend it. For whatever reason this is only thing you ever have to say, and if you could be any more false in your accusations hell might freeze over.

You are dishonest in the quote you provided because you purposely do not somehow mark the end of the real quote, just making the reader believe the rest is still part of the same quoted text. You are dishonest and leading one to believe that Whitehouse.gov mentioned he went to bed without doing anything. Bush offered federal assitance to the state and the Governor asked him to wait 24 hours.

eg8r &lt;~~can't handled the lies that Q continues to spew

Qtec
09-13-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are dishonest in the quote you provided because you purposely do not somehow mark the end of the real quote, <font color="blue"> The quote from GW is in inverted commas. </font color> just making the reader believe the rest is still part of the same quoted text. <font color="blue"> Are you really so dumb or are you [ as usual] just trying to avoid the subject? </font color> You are dishonest and leading one to believe that Whitehouse.gov mentioned he went to bed without doing anything. <font color="blue"> The first line in 'The phone call' is," Gov. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco, a motherly but steely figure known by the nickname Queen Bee,". Now , do you really think that sounds like the President? Its as plain as GW,s lie about the levees, that this is taken from an article.</font color> Bush offered federal assitance to the state and the Governor asked him to wait 24 hours. <font color="blue">When was this? Do you have any proof? </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

Q

Gayle in MD
09-13-2005, 04:06 PM
Thank you for posting the timeline. Jeeze, even some of the right wing press has been on TV claiming disappointment over Bush's failure to handle a National Emergency, but not this die hard group on here, Kill the messenger! LMAO....

Oops, broke my nail, Bush's fault....LOL

Really, this situation isn't funny at all. What the hell was the Mayor or the Governor supposed to do when no one would stay behind to drive the buses? Even Bush knew he couldn't wiggle out of this one, he admitted his fault in all this today, but the righties on the CCB don't watch the news, so I guess they didn't see it, LOL.

Just look at them on this thread, they just want to talk about one lousy phone call, that's all they know about. One would think the president could understand what it means when a governor say's "We need your help. We need everything you've got."

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
09-13-2005, 04:08 PM
That's not true. Read the timeline.

Gayle in MD
09-13-2005, 04:20 PM
Of all the total Bull$hit posts you'ver ever made about Bush, this one takes the cake!

First of all, I would never jump on Carol, Carol knows me, and I'm sure she wouldn't read my post to her in that way.

Secondly, you don't have the facts, period. You obviously weren't watching the vast amount of film footage which aired during this disaster, or you would have seen the Mayor, and the Governor, begging, pleading for federal assistance, for days and days. They certainly didn't look comfortable, and they certainly weren't letting anything slide. But you, given your total inability to judge ANYTHING George Bush screws up, are the last person who should be advising me on how to read!

You're in a fog my friend, even Bush has admitted it was his own fault!

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
09-13-2005, 04:24 PM
LOL. Dick, when all that comes out about Rove, and Cheney, outing Valarie Plame, the righties on here are going to say whatever they have to in order to continue to follow the chimp!

Gayle in Md., How's it going friend?

eg8r
09-14-2005, 06:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Secondly, you don't have the facts, period. You obviously weren't watching the vast amount of film footage which aired during this disaster, or you would have seen the Mayor, and the Governor, begging, pleading for federal assistance, for days and days. They certainly didn't look comfortable, and they certainly weren't letting anything slide.<hr /></blockquote> LOL, after reading that, I feel led to quote you again in response to yourself (I edited out the name)... [ QUOTE ]
Of all the total Bull$hit posts you'ver ever made ..., this one takes the cake!
<hr /></blockquote> It is all Bush's fault Gayle. That poor little mayor and governor just did everything they could. Oh those poor little souls are absolutely free from any guilt because they have tried so hard to help the people of NO get out. Gosh, why should those poor people have to ride in school buses. Why don't those filthy rich custom bus companies send their multi-million dollar buses to help these poor and underpriveleged NO people get out. That evil Bush could have been airlifting some of our people out in AirForce One. Why should these people flee their homes in a school bus when the President can fly in an airplane.

The words the NO mayor was really telling the people of NO, "Heck no, I rather the poor people of NO hide in their attics and sit there in the heat to die before I send them to freedom in a school bus".

That was just one instance of their inability to be leaders, there are hundreds if not thousands more.

What a crock.

eg8r