PDA

View Full Version : Which color lenses?

Rip
06-18-2002, 07:38 PM
Okay, it's time for me to buy the Decot HyWyd/HyLo frames and prescription lenses so I can see clearly from 3 to 10 feet. The room I play in has flourescent lighting. The Decot rep said the light yellow tint tends to sharpen the edges of objects under normal situations. This sounds great to me since the edges on pool balls have been a little fuzzy lately. Should I order the light yellow tint or can anyone offer advice based on first hand experience? I welcome input from all species, regardless of gender or sexual perversion...I mean persuasion. Freudian slip perhaps? LOL, Rip~~gotta' see em' to hit em'

06-18-2002, 07:41 PM
Well, I guess it was meant to be that I answer first LOL! Rose colored, of course! Seriously, try the yellow first. I put a pair on a few years ago, and it was VERY strange. And I didn't even have any pharmaceutical enhancement!

Doctor_D
06-19-2002, 04:43 AM
Good morning:

If every game and/or match you play is under flourescent lights then the tint referenced in your post would be fine. However, when you consider the fact that "ALL" lighting is different, I would order a clear lense with an anti-reflection coating.

Dr. D.

SPetty
06-19-2002, 07:21 AM
I had some of those big wrap around plastic glasses in yellow a few years back, and it is true - it seems they sharpen up everything. I wasn't playing pool at the time, but out on/near the water or driving. Everything just seemed sharper. I heard back then that shooters prefer the yellow as well. I'm convinced. If you can still find these (I haven't seen them in years), you could try them out because they fit over your regular glasses.

How are your glasses being "fitted"? Do you send your prescription to the Decot HyWyd people and they make the glasses and send them back? Or are you working through a local optometrist? There's some measuring to do to find where the center of the focus should be, isn't there?

It's about time for me to be looking into these glasses as well, so any info you can share would be helpful.