PDA

View Full Version : Phila-American Shuffleboards in Jersey

scar4par
09-04-2005, 12:13 AM
Sorry to post, but be careful in dealing with these guys. They picked up two of our new items, golffiards.com, but never paid for over a thousand dollars worth or our products. We sent 3 Golffiards and never received a payment or phone call back. We at Golffiards and FrontGate Magazine feel that this Phila-American Shuffleboard company is something to be cautious of.

Billy
09-04-2005, 10:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote scar4par:</font><hr> Sorry to post, but be careful in dealing with these guys. They picked up two of our new items, golffiards.com, but never paid for over a thousand dollars worth or our products. We sent 3 Golffiards and never received a payment or phone call back. We at Golffiards and FrontGate Magazine feel that this Phila-American Shuffleboard company is something to be cautious of. <hr /></blockquote>

this is what happens with the owe-sey plans, the I'll pay you later syndrome, let's put these games on the string scenario

what else would you expect in this day and age?

if you give your product away expect the worse

besides this is a pool forum

jmo

Brad
09-06-2005, 02:03 PM
There must be some confusion. Joe is one of the most stand up guys I ever met. He's been in business many, many years. He's been a customer of mine for over ten years, and has always paid his bills. I consider him a friend of mine, and the same goes for his entire family. A+++ people.

I suggest you pick up the phone and talk with him. I just did five minutes ago, and he answered the phone himself.

scar4par
09-07-2005, 10:46 PM
Hey Brad and thanks for the reply. I met Joe and he seems to be a stand up guy on my end too. Let me start again. We went up to Philly in hopes of arranging Billiard pros to endorse our new product called Golffiards. We met with Allen Hopkins several times and dinner. Karen Corr played it and Cory Duelle played it for an hour and a half. He loved it and signed the table. Okiniwa Slim loved it too and signed. I paid for Phila American tables to be used in our booths. We needed tables and I had their banners in our booth. It was a promotion for them and I paid for it. After sending 3 Golffiards,with cases and a Texas Holdem insert for the pool table, to them....we just never received a payment or thanks. No phonecall back or anything. We have been working with Chris, Joe's daughter. We at Goffiards are not haters but just trying to find out what happened. We gave them wholesale prices and they agreed. Yes, there is confusion! They ordered the products at our wholesale prices. Not receiving any payment or thanks, what do we do as a company. This is no a war of intities. We are just thinking, OK...we sent out these products for free. As a company, can we give our products out for FREE? Again, we respect businesses and are just wondering what happened. Thanks.

Brad
09-08-2005, 05:42 AM
Tony,

I cannot speak to the your particular arrangement, but this forum is NOT the place to discuss the issues. After reading your original post, I called Joe. He answered the phone himself, as I stated earlier.

[ QUOTE ]
They ordered the products at our wholesale prices. Not receiving any payment or thanks, what do we do as a company. <hr /></blockquote> There are several avenues. The first of which is picking up the phone. The last of which is collections.

I can't speak to the integrity of your company, but Joe's always done right by me. Good luck with your situation.

scar4par
09-14-2005, 11:31 PM
Hey Brad and thanks for the mails. You are right. This is not the place to advertise problems. We at Golffiards have realized that it's not all about the fuss. We just wished to warn others about the transactions involved and have just decided to cut all ties with Phila-American, Goodman and parties. Cut the ends and move on. Again, Thanks.