PDA

View Full Version : CCB Tourney 4

9 Ball Girl
09-06-2005, 11:17 AM
<font color="red">We're about</font color> <font color="blue">13 days away from the U.S. Open (http://www.usopen9ballchampionships.com/)</font color><font color="red">!</font color>

CCB 4 Tourney
in Memory of Frank Glenn, Dave "Mr. Ingrate" Syrja, and Chris "Chris Cass" Aiardo

When: Saturday, September 24, 2005
Where: <font color="blue">Q-Master Billiards</font color> (http://www.q-masters.com/index.php) in <font color="blue">The Green Room (http://www.q-masters.com/gallery.php)</font color> (first 3 pictures in 3rd row on page 1)
Time: Warmup starts at 10 AM, quickie Player's Meeting at 11 AM, Play starts after
Format: Round Robin Scotch Doubles (not Jack and Jill)

Player List
1. 9 Ball Girl
2. Rich R
3. cueball1950
4. JackPot George
5. Kato
6.Brian in VA
7.JMD in VA
8.pooltchr
9.Nostalgia
10.LJC_Cues
11.pooldaddy9
12.Tom_in_Cincy
13.VoodooDaddy
14.dg-in-centralpa
15.cardman
16.Jim Walker
17.Phil_in_SoFla
18.WesK
19.MikeM
20.Anonymous
21.tflemming (A)
22.girlwon1 (A)
23.Tram (A)

PM me with Count Me In! in the subject line if you'd like to play in the tourney. Also, if you're interested in donating a little something toward our CCB 4 Tourney, PM me too.

<font color="red">CCB Tourney Raffle Prizes</font color>
1st and 2nd Place CCB Trophies (US Open Replica Plaques) - Brian in VA, Harold Acosta
1 2005 Silver Dollar (for 1st Place Winner) - cueball1950 (Mike)
2005 CCB Champion Wall Clock (for 1st Place Winner) - Cueball1950
Surprise Gift - 9 Ball Girl (Wendy)
2x2 Vincitorre Leather Case - Cueball1950
1 $695 Cue-Tech Pool School (http://www.poolschool.info) Tuition - randyg
1 Audrick Custom Cue (Philippines) - cueball1950
1 Butterfly Jump Cue - cueball1950
1 Cue - mtuckeriii (Murray Tucker III)
$300 Half Day Scott Lee Lesson - Scott Lee

Thank you to those of you who are donating to our little prize fund. Very generous and much appreciated.

Barry B. and/maybe Brady B. will stop by on Saturday to check us out. Barry will acknowledge us again as he did last year at the Open.

I'll be in Chesapeake on Monday, 9.19.05 and can't wait to see everyone again and meet new ones as well. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ARJ
09-06-2005, 05:21 PM
Very much looking forward to this. Hopefully we get a full 24.

ARJ~~~~Wendy, look me up Monday when you get into town. Cell #'s the same babe.

9 Ball Girl
09-06-2005, 07:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ARJ:</font><hr> Very much looking forward to this. Hopefully we get a full 24.

ARJ~~~~Wendy, look me up Monday when you get into town. Cell #'s the same babe. <hr /></blockquote>But of course!

cueball1950
09-06-2005, 10:52 PM
do you 2 need a room by chance /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif....sure will be glad to see everybody again............................mike

9 Ball Girl
09-07-2005, 06:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> do you 2 need a room by chance /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif....sure will be glad to see everybody again............................mike <hr /></blockquote>Nah, we did the room thing 2 years ago. We gotta try something new. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ARJ - Happily Taken
9BG - Happily Single

9 Ball Girl
09-09-2005, 06:38 AM
Player List
1. 9 Ball Girl
2. Rich R
3. cueball1950
4. JackPot George
5. Kato
6.Brian in VA
7.JMD in VA
8.pooltchr
9.Nostalgia
10.LJC_Cues
11.pooldaddy9
12.Tom_in_Cincy
13.VoodooDaddy
14.dg-in-centralpa
15.cardman
16.Jim Walker
17.Phil_in_SoFla
18.WesK
19.MikeM
20.Anonymous
21.RUNaRAK
22.tflemming (A)
23.girlwon1 (A)
24.Tram (A)

I've not heard from LJC_Cues or Jimmy Walker so if anyone knows of any way to get in touch with either one, please ask them if they're still in for me. Thanks!

SPetty
09-09-2005, 08:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>20.Anonymous<hr /></blockquote>So is that Anonamus Ed, or someone else that doesn't want anyone to know who they are?

pooltchr
09-09-2005, 09:18 AM
Wendy,
Something has come up that may prevent me from being there this year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif If you have someone who is looking for a spot in the tourny, I will go ahead and give mine up.
Maybe next year....
Steve

9 Ball Girl
09-09-2005, 09:51 AM
Yup, that's Anonamus Ed. I only post the CCB names which is why all you see is Anonymous. Geez I spelled it wrong didn't I. Doh!

9 Ball Girl
09-09-2005, 09:53 AM
Oh phooey! Something may prevent you from attending. Should I still keep you name on there? I'm hoping that either friends or significant others can fill the field otherwise I'll start looking towards my AZB buds.

theinel
09-10-2005, 02:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Oh phooey! Something may prevent you from attending. Should I still keep you name on there? I'm hoping that either friends or significant others can fill the field otherwise I'll start looking towards my AZB buds. <hr /></blockquote>
Wendy,

Is your magic number 24? I understand 16 and 32 but 24 eludes me unless this is some sot of single/modified system.

Anyways, I am still trying really hard to make it (work is a real bitch right now and last minute has always been my style) but the CCB tourny is a bigger draw for me than the Open in general) If you have a full board with 24 let me know and I'll shift my hopes from this year to a serious effort next year.

Rich R.
09-10-2005, 04:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote theinel:</font><hr> Is your magic number 24? I understand 16 and 32 but 24 eludes me unless this is some sot of single/modified system.<hr /></blockquote>
theinel, since my wife and I are in charge of the technical part of the tournament, I will answer your question.

The CCB Tournament is not a normal competitive tournament, as you may be used to. It was developed and meant to be a fun tournament.

The tournament is a Scotch-doubles tournament and we change partners in every round. Each player gets a point for each win and the player with the most points wins.

Since it is a doubles tournament, we have 4 players at each table at a time and we normally work with 6 tables, therefore, we can only run it with even multiples of 4, making 24 a magic number for us. If we don't get 24, we have to drop down to 20.

Due to some technical problems with the program, we are currently ready to run the tournament with 24 or 20. Hopefully, it the future, we will be more concerned with going up to 28 or 32.

Hope this helps.

We hope you can make it. Since we have not heard from several people on the list, we suspect we will have open slots. If things work out in favor of you attending, and you want to play, please let either Wendy or me know, ASAP.

9 Ball Girl
09-10-2005, 05:17 AM
Ok, lets try this again:

Player List
1. 9 Ball Girl
2. Rich R
3. cueball1950
4. JackPot George
5. Kato
6.Brian in VA
7.JMD in VA
8.pooltchr
9.Nostalgia
10.LJC_Cues
11.pooldaddy9
12.Tom_in_Cincy
13.VoodooDaddy
14.dg-in-centralpa
15.cardman
16.Jim Walker
17.Phil_in_SoFla
18.Fred Agnir
19.WesK
20.MikeM
21.Anonamus
22.RUNaRAK
23.tflemming (A)
24.girlwon1 (A)
25.Tram (A)

Hey Rich, do you think he noticed? /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

theinel
09-10-2005, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the explanation Rich.

9 Ball Girl
09-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Here's a pic of mtuckeriii's cue donation for our raffle:

Murray Tucker, III Custom Cue (http://www.murraytucker.com/chrisc.htm)

Tom_In_Cincy
09-10-2005, 09:21 PM
That is a very good looking cue.
How much are the raffle tickets?

9 Ball Girl
09-11-2005, 08:34 PM
FYI for everyone:

All donated items are all for the CCB Raffle--like we've done in past years.

cueball1950
09-11-2005, 10:22 PM
Wendy... i am so sorry, but could you please change the clock to a pool watch for the winner. Sorry. clock cannot be done on time....................................mike

mtuckeriii
09-12-2005, 07:36 AM
Thanks for putting up the pictures for me. My computer was acting stupid this weekend and I could not post. Pictures don't do the cue any justice. The cocobolo has to be seen in person to be appreciated. Plus it hits like a cannon. For those of you who don't know it I do my own splices. Here is a link to a post I made over at AZ a while back. http://www.azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?t=13913&amp;highlight=sneeky

I am currently booked up for about three years right now and not taking any new orders. This is a very rare opportunity to get your hands on one of my cues.

Rich R.
09-12-2005, 08:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mtuckeriii:</font><hr> I am currently booked up for about three years right now and not taking any new orders. This is a very rare opportunity to get your hands on one of my cues.
<hr /></blockquote>
I am looking forward to playing with, and owning, this cue. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif