PDA

View Full Version : CCB Dinner

9 Ball Girl
09-06-2005, 11:24 AM
Ok guys and gals, the reservations have been made but I need for someone to REMIND ME TO CALL THEM ON WEDNESDAY THE 21ST OR THURSDAY THE 22ND TO CONFIRM!

The reservation is under the name Wendy with the US Open group.

CCB Dinner

Where: <font color="blue">The Yukon Steak Co.</font color> (http://www.yukonsteak.com/)
When: Friday, September 23, 2005
Time: Meet at 5 PM in the lobby of the Holiday Inn. Reservations will be for 5:30 PM.

The Yukon Steak Co. is located in Virginia Beach in Providence Square Shopping Center. Their phone number is 757-495-7745 (remember the fun we had last year trying to find the place?)

Hey Steve, remember the look on my face when they brought me the iced tea vs. what I thought iced tea should be? LOL

Come with growling stomachs 'cause the food here was great!

cueball1950
09-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Hi Wendy... i will be there for sure..i hope... The U.S. Open web site is stating that the yukon is the official site and we should get a 15% discount at the yukon...please check this out for me............................mike

9 Ball Girl
09-06-2005, 01:48 PM
I can't find that info on the US Open website, but they do have a coupon for 15% off for groups of 6-10 on the Yukon website. I'll take to Terry (Behrman) tomorrow since she was off today (she's the manager at the Yukon).

cueball1950
09-06-2005, 07:24 PM
thanks sweetie...................mike

cueball1950
09-06-2005, 10:56 PM
Here is the link we were looking for Wendy
www.usopen9ballchampionships.com/YUKON.pdf (http://www.usopen9ballchampionships.com/YUKON.pdf)

it has directions and states the 15% discount..it also has the directions to get there, so no getting lost this year........mike

9 Ball Girl
09-07-2005, 06:54 AM
Now if only someone can remember to bring those directions! Hint hint /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rich R.
09-07-2005, 08:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Now if only someone can remember to bring those directions! Hint hint /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>
What good will the directions do? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Last year, someone had directions and someone else had a GPS in their car and we still couldn't find the place. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9 Ball Girl
09-07-2005, 11:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Now if only someone can remember to bring those directions! Hint hint /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Last year, someone had directions and someone else had a GPS in their car and we still couldn't find the place. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>Exactly. Why break tradition? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RedHell
09-07-2005, 11:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Now if only someone can remember to bring those directions! Hint hint /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Last year, someone had directions and someone else had a GPS in their car and we still couldn't find the place. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Whaaa, we were not that far off... we found it didn't we ?

I wish I could be there this year again !

dg-in-centralpa
09-07-2005, 01:07 PM
Man this sounds like one helluva party! I can't wait to get there.

DG

Voodoo Daddy
09-07-2005, 01:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Now if only someone can remember to bring those directions! Hint hint /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Last year, someone had directions and someone else had a GPS in their car and we still couldn't find the place. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>Exactly. Why break tradition? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Why break tradition is right...first year ERIC and someone else were all screwed up. One of them actually went to the other location!! Blame them, its their faults!!!

9 Ball Girl
09-07-2005, 01:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr>Why break tradition is right...first year ERIC and someone else were all screwed up. One of them actually went to the other location!! Blame them, its their faults!!! <hr /></blockquote>First Year 2002
Yup. IIRC, Lester wound up at the other Greenbrier Steakhouse where we had already put a call in for him and to his surprise upon walking into that restaurant, the hostest asked, "Are you Lester?"

We were able to grill our own steak and I could've sworn R.J.'s steak still Moo'ed when he cut into it! LOL Eric wound up showing up an hour late 'cause I think the time had changed from 6 PM to 5 PM.

WesK and MikeM were our heros! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Still got that cowboy boot shotglass? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CCB 1 Gallery 2002 (http://azbilliards.com/gallery/showgallery.cfm?gallerynum=16)

Second Year 2003
Hurricane Isabel shut us down. We were going to go to the Yukon that year but wound up going to the Lonestar instead.

Third Year 2004
This time we made it to the Yukon but not without it's trial and error. I think we had about 4-5 cars following each other--we wound up dodging 2 then finding them, then drove around in a circle, then Eric left his car and knocked on the window of someone else's car for directions (NY Style), but all in all, a good time was definitely had by all!

SPetty
09-07-2005, 01:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Third Year 2004
I think we had about 4-5 cars following each other--we wound up dodging 2 then finding them, then drove around in a circle, then Eric left his car and knocked on the window of someone else's car for directions (NY Style), but all in all, a good time was definitely had by all! <hr /></blockquote>We were all following Red"bat-out-of"Hell, who was the only one with directions. He didn't know that. Eric. did a great job in keeping up. Wally was driving around lost when he just happened upon the Yukon.

Brian in VA
09-08-2005, 05:01 AM
And Josh and I didn't show up until you guys were on your 2nd drink! I'm printing maps this year as I hate to miss any part of the cocktail hour!

Brian in VA

Rich R.
09-08-2005, 05:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote RedHell:</font><hr> Whaaa, we were not that far off... we found it didn't we ?

I wish I could be there this year again ! <hr /></blockquote>
"Not that far off..."???????
I guess you are right, it ONLY took us a half hour to make that 10 minute drive.
And, it wasn't because we were driving under the speed limit. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

We wish you and Joy could be there too. You will be missed.

cueball1950
09-08-2005, 08:30 AM
I agree with rich. red hell and wife will be missed this year. I am also going to miss SPETTY,, now i won't have anybody to give my little bottles of booze to,, AND BARBARA as well. thanks for the dinner last year barbara............ mike

Rich R.
09-09-2005, 06:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> I agree with rich. red hell and wife will be missed this year. I am also going to miss SPETTY,, now i won't have anybody to give my little bottles of booze to,, AND BARBARA as well. <hr /></blockquote>
Mike, I think we miss everyone, who is unable to make it.
It will be hard, but we will try to have fun, in their honor. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
09-09-2005, 07:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>Mike, I think we miss everyone, who is unable to make it. It will be hard, but we will try to have fun, in their honor. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>Yup, I may just have to crash a party--ala "Ricky Winker"! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
09-09-2005, 11:47 AM
I thought that was Eric.'s job?

Ya think that reunion is going to happen again?

Drinks... food... FUN and Friday...

9 Ball Girl
09-09-2005, 12:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> I thought that was Eric.'s job?

Drinks... food... FUN and Friday... <hr /></blockquote>It's his job but unfortunately, he won't be there this year.

I doubt that the reunion will happen since those high school/college reunions usually happen decades or scores at a time.

Eric.
09-09-2005, 02:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> I thought that was Eric.'s job?

Drinks... food... FUN and Friday... <hr /></blockquote>

Yup, unfortunately, the Class of 1963 will have to do without me. BTW, I look pretty good for a 60 year old guy, huh? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hope you guys have fun, wish I could be there.

Eric

Rich R.
09-12-2005, 08:57 AM
Just bumping this up, to remind everyone about the dinner, if they are interested. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MikeM
09-12-2005, 12:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> IIRC, Lester wound up at the other Greenbrier Steakhouse where we had already put a call in for him and to his surprise upon walking into that restaurant, the hostest asked, "Are you Lester?"

WesK and MikeM were our heros! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

I don't think I was Lester's hero. It was I who sent him to the wrong place.

I'm very much looking forward to getting back to Open weekend. I'm hoping to make it in time for dinner.

Can't wait.

MM

PS - Whatever happend to Lester anyway?

Rich R.
09-12-2005, 06:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MikeM:</font><hr> PS - Whatever happend to Lester anyway?<hr /></blockquote>
Mike, Lester is alive and well. We work in the same building and I run into him once in a while. I assume he still lurks, so maybe he will see this.

MikeM
09-13-2005, 05:14 PM
Thanks, Rich. I had forgotten that you two worked together. Please tell him hello from me.

See you in VA Beach!

MM

Say hi to Kathy too.

Rich R.
09-13-2005, 07:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MikeM:</font><hr> Thanks, Rich. I had forgotten that you two worked together. Please tell him hello from me.

See you in VA Beach!

MM

Say hi to Kathy too. <hr /></blockquote>
Mike, I will be sure to say to Lester for you, if I see him. But you can say hi to Cathy yourself, in Va. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif