PDA

View Full Version : Biomechanics of stroke

Drop1
09-09-2005, 09:08 AM
We have all played,and the cue ball seemed be possesed dancing with speed,hitting the break just right,dropping the object ball,and leaving the position we wanted.. Bob called this being in the groove.But where does being in the groove start,in the wrist,in the grip in the elbow,in the shoulder Because sometimes,same cue,same table same arm,and a dead game...comments please /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Bob_Jewett
09-09-2005, 09:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> ... But where does being in the groove start,... <hr /></blockquote>
In the head is my guess.

Drop1
09-09-2005, 10:44 AM
Then its kind of mind over body,relaxed focus? Lived in San Fransico corner of Post and Taylor. Where is the school?

Bob_Jewett
09-09-2005, 01:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Then its kind of mind over body,relaxed focus? Lived in San Fransico corner of Post and Taylor. Where is the school? <hr /></blockquote>
Mostly at Shoreline in Mountain View. About the only pool hall in SF left to teach at is Family.

theinel
09-10-2005, 02:12 AM
(Most) everything but the dropping of the object ball is within your control. The (Most) is because no matter how well you control the cue ball, other balls may interfere. The magical days are just that, magical.

If you aren't having the magical breaks as often as you want to then just keep trying to hit exactly where you are aiming and getting the rock to react exactly as you want it to you (adding speed/power until you can no longer control it). Over the long haul you should be rewarded because you are doing the only things within your power (unless you are playing "rack your own", but that is another thread entirely [and equally filled with magical overtones]. Right now I'm really thinking about starting that thread but as usual laziness will prevent me).

DickLeonard
09-14-2005, 10:52 AM
Bob Not a Guess####