PDA

View Full Version : dufferin cues?

addity
09-11-2005, 12:19 AM
Can anyone tell me where i could find some online to buy?

and also, whats the difference between the Dot, Zodiac, and classics

why the price difference?

recoveryjones
09-12-2005, 08:45 PM
I could be mistaken, but isn't Dufferin out of bussiness?
RJ

cmoore
09-13-2005, 03:57 AM
They have changed ownership and are not available at this time. I am sure some used ones are available but you are going to have to dig around for them. As far as online cues try Budget Billiards (no affiliation here). They have a large selection of high end and economy cues. Sorry no Dufferins.

catscradle
09-13-2005, 06:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote addity:</font><hr> Can anyone tell me where i could find some online to buy?

and also, whats the difference between the Dot, Zodiac, and classics

why the price difference? <hr /></blockquote>

Try a google search to find a seller on the net.
I'm sure there are still some in inventory from when Dufferin was still alive and kicking as a Canadian company.
I don't know about the models you mentioned, but the phantom (a sneaky pete) is an excellent cue for the money ($70.00).

kyle
09-13-2005, 02:20 PM
I thought that they no longer made tables but were still making cues.

catscradle
09-15-2005, 04:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote kyle:</font><hr> I thought that they no longer made tables but were still making cues. <hr /></blockquote>
What I heard is ...
The company no longer exists. It's brand name, product line, etc. was bought by an Asian company, maybe the one that makes Lucasi.

Brad
09-15-2005, 05:45 AM
Dufferin sold their cue business to Cue &amp; Case Sales in Jacksonville, FL. They are a wholesale distributor of billiard supplies. Cue &amp; Case is having the Dufferin cues made in China. Allegedly, they are still using the same Canadian maple that Dufferin used.

It could be true. What's been done for many years, is that China will buy Canadian maple trees, and actually mill them into cues while on the boat back to China. Then, they finish them and return to the US for you to buy.
Pretty smart if you ask me.

Cue &amp; Case sells wholesale to nearly every retailer in the country.

rackem
10-11-2005, 12:18 AM
YES, CUE&amp;CASE THE SAME COMPANY THAT DOES LUCASI AND PLAYERS HAS BOUGHT THE DUFFERIN NAME AN EQUIPMENT. THEY SHIPPED IT ALL TO CHINA. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE FIRST DUFFERIN WITH A BACKWARDS UNILOCK. HA! HA!

catscradle
10-12-2005, 04:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brad:</font><hr> It could be true. What's been done for many years, is that China will buy Canadian maple trees, and actually mill them into cues while on the boat back to China. Then, they finish them and return to the US for you to buy.
Pretty smart if you ask me.

<hr /></blockquote>

So why can't some enterprising cutthroat in this country, just take a bunch of people out beyond the territorial waters pay them poverty wages, maybe even have a factory store on board which garnishes all their wages to provide food and clothing so they never have to actually pay them and then turn around half-way across the Pacific and bring the product back and sell it.
Now that would be smart and would return us to days of virtual slavery. I wouldn't mind our jobs going overseas if the people over there earned more of the money saved that way, but most of it goes in some jerk fat cat's pocket.