PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Walli in Cincinatti?

Vagabond
09-11-2005, 08:24 AM
I have not seen any posts from walli for quite a while either in AZB or CCB.Does any one know what happened to him?
vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rich R.
09-11-2005, 08:58 AM
He got a new job. They must be keeping him busy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Chopstick
09-12-2005, 07:58 AM
He is over on AZB. I saw him ragging on Gabber/Q the other day.

Qtec
09-12-2005, 08:26 AM
Who cares!!!!!!

Q... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec
09-12-2005, 08:34 AM
I heard GW disappeared him to Gitmo. He got checked at the airport and his pants came up positive for chemical weapons! W said he just really likes hot Mexican food but it didnt wash.
Guess conditions cant be that bad there, him being online and all.

Qtec /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
09-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Well I guess with Wally's limited time on this board and with his new job that he doesn't want to waste his time with the fluff you have to plow through to get to anything valuable.

It's becoming a Sociable Club.

And God help you if you piss off some broad

Barbara

wolfdancer
09-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Wally is busy studying Mao Tse Tung's "Little Red Book", and planning to vote Democratic in the next election...
or maybe he's reading Harvey Penick's "Little Green Book"
"Fluff" ?????....and there actually is pool info on this site????

recoveryjones
09-12-2005, 08:43 PM
With 7,284 posts Wally is the alltime leading poster at CCB.
He has now retired from active posting and has been inducted to the CCB Hall of Fame. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
RJ

hondo
09-13-2005, 08:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Well I guess with Wally's limited time on this board and with his new job that he doesn't want to waste his time with the fluff you have to plow through to get to anything valuable.

Very true. I'm amazed at how few are posting on here.
Especially the main forum. Meanwhile, AZB is hopping.

It's becoming a Sociable Club.

And God help you if you piss off some broad

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

Rich R.
09-13-2005, 08:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> It's becoming a Sociable Club.<hr /></blockquote>
But isn't that what a pool hall is, when there is no action?
Everyone doesn't sit around and talk about shots and tips and cues and cloth and etc. all of the time.

The CCB is just an extention of the world wide pool hall, where friends chat about things, sometimes pool and sometimes not.

SPetty
09-13-2005, 09:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Well I guess with Wally's limited time on this board and with his new job that he doesn't want to waste his time with the fluff you have to plow through to get to anything valuable.

It's becoming a Sociable Club.<hr /></blockquote>CCB has almost always been a sociable place. Maybe you've now grown too accustomed to the bickering and attacking and cussing and fighting that goes on at AZB. There seems to me to be a lot less fluff to wade through to get to the good stuff here than at AZB. I don't know where they find the time!

DickLeonard
09-13-2005, 11:10 AM
Vagabond, I think we might have to come up with the ten most wanted list and as we delete one add another. I am looking for mrLucky,popcorn,Richard Cranium, if everyone listed their three we could compile a list.####

Barbara
09-13-2005, 11:45 AM
Popcorn's last post (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=199806&amp;Foru m=All_Forums&amp;Words=Popcorn&amp;Match=Username&amp;Searchpa ge=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Old=allposts&amp;Main=199698&amp;Search=true #Post199806)

He was right.

Barbara

hondo
09-13-2005, 11:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Vagabond, I think we might have to come up with the ten most wanted list and as we delete one add another. I am looking for mrLucky,popcorn,Richard Cranium, if everyone listed their three we could compile a list.#### <hr /></blockquote>

Well, I've got 2 that annoy me from time to time
but they do have their merits, I think. Eg8r &amp; Highsea.

Chopstick
09-13-2005, 01:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Vagabond, I think we might have to come up with the ten most wanted list and as we delete one add another. I am looking for mrLucky,popcorn,Richard Cranium, if everyone listed their three we could compile a list.#### <hr /></blockquote>

I liked Popcorn and Mr. Cranium also. I would add to that list Ross. In my opinion he was the only one who could keep up with HighSea. I learned a lot from their debates.

What about Crawdaddio? He was fun. I hope Deeman gets back soon. What about your favorite nut job? I had a lot of fun with Rah and One.

9 Ball Girl
09-13-2005, 01:40 PM
I miss Rackmup--he always made me smile.
Where's PQQLK9 (Nick) nowadays?

SPetty
09-13-2005, 03:12 PM
Y'know, I miss Popcorn too. I hope he comes back some day.

But what's ironic about us posting how much we miss Popcorn is that he would have hated that! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Vagabond
09-13-2005, 04:44 PM
Popcon is a sagitarian.Except for his brutal FRANKNESS he does not come accross like a Sagitarian.

9 Ball Girl
09-13-2005, 06:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vagabond:</font><hr> Popcon is a sagitarian.Except for his brutal FRANKNESS he does not come accross like a Sagitarian. <hr /></blockquote>I'm a Sag too! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sid_Vicious
09-13-2005, 06:14 PM
Good points SPetty. If you can't join in here, there ain't no good billiard boards left. As far as the job consuming his time, just how the heck should anyone a daily job keep you froma simple visit and a few posts on this lovely site? Seriously, there's got to be a more core reason, at least it always is for me when I disappear...sid

pooldude
09-14-2005, 05:20 AM
If you say so, but I have found AZB to be a more friendly place than CCB. Of course that is just my opinion, but then who ran off Fran, Bob (the author of Pleasures of Small Motions), and others because of all the bickering?

Chopstick
09-14-2005, 05:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vagabond:</font><hr> Popcon is a sagitarian.Except for his brutal FRANKNESS he does not come accross like a Sagitarian. <hr /></blockquote>I'm a Sag too! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Yea, me too. I see a lot of guys that have gone over to AZB. Me included. This board is just a soap box anymore.

hondo
09-14-2005, 09:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooldude:</font><hr> If you say so, but I have found AZB to be a more friendly place than CCB. Of course that is just my opinion, but then who ran off Fran, Bob (the author of Pleasures of Small Motions), and others because of all the bickering? <hr /></blockquote>

Me too. I like the NPF here but I'm pretty much
ignored on the main forum while at AZ I usually
get a response. Not always a nice one, however.

eg8r
09-14-2005, 11:51 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

SPetty
09-14-2005, 02:29 PM
I sent him your concern, and at your request, your phone number.

Wally asked me to give his regards to the CCB.

SPetty &lt;-- taking bids for Vag's phone number... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vagabond
09-14-2005, 05:03 PM
I remember that very well.
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
10-15-2005, 06:39 AM
Hi Vag. It was nice meeting you. Thank you for finally removing the mask.

Wally_in_Cincy
10-15-2005, 06:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> He got a new job. They must be keeping him busy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

got that right. it's a good thing though

we just got a $17 million job for a philip morris research campus in richmond va

hopefully they'll send me there and i can shoot some with hizzoner the mayor and woodworker extraordinaire brian

wally&lt;~~ hoping for overtime

Wally_in_Cincy
10-15-2005, 06:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> He is over on AZB. I saw him ragging on Gabber/Q the other day. <hr /></blockquote>

i usually read azb at lunch. i read about 10% of the threads. most of it is rehashed stuff or senseless bickering

Wally_in_Cincy
10-15-2005, 06:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Who cares!!!!!!

Q... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

if you'rre joking...ha freakin ha

if you're not... GFY

Wally_in_Cincy
10-15-2005, 06:47 AM

<hr /></blockquote>

I just thank God I missed the Hal Houle threads /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> It's becoming a Sociable Club.

<hr /></blockquote>

nuttin wrong with that /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

wally&lt;~ feeling sociable /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
10-15-2005, 06:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>
But what's ironic about us posting how much we miss Popcorn is that he would have hated that! <hr /></blockquote>

funny

astute observation

Wally_in_Cincy
10-15-2005, 06:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> ...just how the heck should anyone a daily job keep you froma simple visit and a few posts on this lovely site?.. <hr /></blockquote>

Hi Sid.

My work has an internet filter that is very sensitive to nauughty words. For some reason I was denied access to CCB soon after I started there and have never been able to get back on.

I know when I go to AZB and someboody writes a curse word the filter will block me from any more pages on that site. But I can always get back on the next day (for some reason that's not the case with CCB)

my computer at home is a dinosaur and i can't post from there.

Wally &lt;~~ at the library

HALHOULE
10-15-2005, 11:32 AM
QUICK, WHAT WAS VALUABLE? WHAT WAS VALUABLE TO GET TO? THIS WOULD BE A MILESTONE IN THE ANNALS OF BILLIARDS DIGEST!

HALHOULE
10-15-2005, 11:37 AM
FRAN MUST HAVE RUN OFF FRAN

DickLeonard
10-16-2005, 01:51 PM
Hal that is why I talk to myself, I need to talk with someone who is intelligent,witty,a thinking man.####