PDA

View Full Version : Just a reminder...

SPetty
06-19-2002, 08:37 AM
Hello,

Some people may not know about this, and others may have forgotten...

Probably because I don't use the threaded option, I am more and more often lately having to scroll back or open new windows in order to see what a poster is replying to, because it isn't included with the response.

When replying to a post, especially to a particular part of a post, it might be appropriate to use the "Quote" option rather than the "Reply" option.

When replying, if the reply doesn't stand alone by itself, please consider using the "Quote" option. It is just as easy as the "Reply" option, and it is really really easy to just delete the parts of the post that you're replying to that don't matter to your reply.

Yes, it may make the not-threaded (flat?) displays a bit longer, but it shouldn't take that much more time, and definitely takes less time than scrolling back or opening a new window trying to find the post that is being responded to.

Try it, you might like it! Thanks for "listening".

SPetty
06-19-2002, 08:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SPetty:</font><hr> Probably because I don't use the threaded option, I am more and more often lately having to scroll back or open new windows in order to see what a poster is replying to, because it isn't included with the response.
<hr></blockquote>

So, that's your problem. You need to use the threaded option if you care what posts are responding to what posts.

See, this is an example of using the "Quote" option rather than the "Reply" option. Works well, eh?

SPetty
06-19-2002, 08:42 AM
Oh yeah? Well that's a stupid thing to say!

See, this is an example of using the "Reply" option rather than the "Quote" option. What on earth is this poster referring to?

Rod
06-19-2002, 09:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SPetty:</font><hr> Oh yeah? Well that's a stupid thing to say!

See, this is an example of using the "Reply" option rather than the "Quote" option. What on earth is this poster referring to?

<hr></blockquote>
I don't know, but who ever it is they certainly are having a good conversation with themselves! lol /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Its better that way, when there is no one to question the reasoning. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Just kidding SPetty, yes mam will do, got ya, okey dokie. he he