PDA

View Full Version : Will the NPR ever be fun again?

DebraLiStarr
09-14-2005, 05:56 AM
Look at the posts lately. This is some pretty dry boring [censored]. It used to be fun to check this board out whenever I had the chance to do so from my desk, but not anymore. I miss nAz's weird crazy stuff he'd post at all hours of the night.

Some people hate George W... Good. Now get over it. He won't be president forever, and when he's gone you'll have to start defending the dumb ass YOU elected as the rest of us take our turns at tearing him up at every opportunity. In the meantime, don't let it ruin your life. Have fun. Smile. Breathe. Now post something that is designed to make others laugh and smile.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/CnCFAN2/Thread%20sucks/b2a8e612.jpg

eg8r
09-14-2005, 06:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Some people hate George W... Good. Now get over it. He won't be president forever, and when he's gone you'll have to start defending the dumb ass YOU elected as the rest of us take our turns at tearing him up at every opportunity. <hr /></blockquote> LOL, you are too funny. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

DickLeonard
09-14-2005, 07:13 AM
Debralistarr.Most us Christians have taken Pat Robertsons lead in wanting the pres of Venezuela to be assinnated to pray for the ReIncarnation of Lee Harvey Oswald. Where is he when we need him.####

Chopstick
09-14-2005, 12:43 PM
I know. It's like talking to a box of rocks. Speaking of funny, did you give on harassing FL, you black death beyooch. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

nAz
09-14-2005, 02:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DebraLiStarr:</font><hr> Look at the posts lately. This is some pretty dry boring [censored]. It used to be fun to check this board out whenever I had the chance to do so from my desk, but not anymore. I miss nAz's weird crazy stuff he'd post at all hours of the night.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/CnCFAN2/Thread%20sucks/b2a8e612.jpg <hr /></blockquote>

lol I will be back in late september... thought i give all the "CCB broads" a break this summer /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9 Ball Girl
09-14-2005, 06:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>lol I will be back in late september... thought i give all the "CCB broads" a break this summer /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>LOL Gotta love that nAz! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cueless Joey
09-15-2005, 08:32 AM
I'm looking forward to another NPR section.
Non-Politically Related section.

heater451
09-16-2005, 03:40 PM
I motion that we can the Politics, nip Religious discussion in the bud, and move onto Sex. . . .

==============================

pooltchr
09-16-2005, 03:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote heater451:</font><hr> I motion that we can the Politics, nip Religious discussion in the bud, and move onto Sex. . . .

============================== <hr /></blockquote>

TAP TAP TAP!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dagwood
09-16-2005, 05:21 PM
couldn't TAP TAP TAP!!! be construed in a sexual connotation? I'm slightly offended here...

You didn't ask first.

Dags

Cueless Joey
09-16-2005, 07:51 PM
OK, EVERYONE, post your shirtless photo in this thread.
I am kinda shy and don't want to make burly men jealous.
I have Bruce Lee's physique.
I'll post my shirtless pics after a few ladies and men have posted their's.

DebraLiStarr
09-16-2005, 07:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> I know. It's like talking to a box of rocks. Speaking of funny, did you give on harassing FL, you black death beyooch. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I promised that I would stop bothering Larry. I started getting nasty messages from people that didn't see the humor in my messages to Larry on RSB. I have invited Larry to my home in December to help me put up the Christmas lights, and we can go caroling door to door, and then we can drink hot chocolates with little marshmallows!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!!!

I've promised Larry that I would sing my gripping rendition of Frosty The Snowman! I hear that one is his favorite! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
(My singing of Frosty The Snowman has been known to bring tears to the eyes of all that have been privliged to hear it!) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
09-16-2005, 09:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote heater451:</font><hr> I motion that we can the Politics, nip Religious discussion in the bud, and move onto Sex. . . .

============================== <hr /></blockquote>Heater, I love you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cueless Joey
09-16-2005, 10:04 PM
I would love to hear you sing, "Jingre Berrs". /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
09-17-2005, 02:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Dagwood:</font><hr> couldn't TAP TAP TAP!!! be construed in a sexual connotation?
Dags <hr /></blockquote>

If all you are doing is "tapping", I'm not sure that's considered real sex. You gotta get through the door!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Steve

9 Ball Girl
09-17-2005, 06:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr>If all you are doing is "tapping", I'm not sure that's considered real sex. You gotta get through the door!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Steve <hr /></blockquote>Keep on knockin' but ya can't come in! Keep on knockin' but ya can't come in, woohoo! Keep on knockin' but ya can't come in! Come back tomorrow night and try again!

Dagwood
09-18-2005, 01:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Dagwood:</font><hr> couldn't TAP TAP TAP!!! be construed in a sexual connotation?
Dags <hr /></blockquote>

If all you are doing is "tapping", I'm not sure that's considered real sex. You gotta get through the door!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

hahahahaha...well, trying to get through the door is half the fun.

Dagwood
09-18-2005, 03:05 AM
there ya go deb...posted some funnies on here to lighten the mood a little...it has become a bit stale in here....

Dags

Chopstick
09-19-2005, 07:40 AM

============================== <hr /></blockquote>

I had sex once, tasted like chicken. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

No, seriously it's been so long I've forgotten who ties who up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DickLeonard
09-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Okay Debra I will post a funny story that happened to myself,Joe Canton[1951]National Champion and Jimmy Gilday from Glens Falls NY.

Norman"the Farmer" Webber had always told Joe of all the action in Presque Isle,Maine during potatoe picking time. Finally Joe had to see for himself the Action. We picked up Jimmy and cut thru Vermont and New Hampshire and ended up in Portland Maine, we scouted the poolrom but it was dead.
So we went to dinner and Joe and Jimmy were having Lobster and I was having hamburger. I looked over at the two and said did we score. They were eating like they were winners.

Now we discuss another couple of hundred miles to Presque Isle. I wanted to go towards Boston but I was out voted. So it was on to Presque Isle at the tip of Maine/Canada. When we got there, the only poolroom was in the barber shop. Joe got the barber to play 3/6/9 for 10 cents a way. Finally Joe gets him to play for a quarter. He beats him 3 ways and he quits.

We are walking down the street Jimmy on one side and I on the other. As if on cue Jimmy and I ask for are quarter.
Now here are three grown men laughing,laughing,laughing. It took 15 minutes for us to stop. Then we thought of "The Farmer" and the joke was on us. After that we always had a good spot for Norman to win money,Yeah Right. ####

Chopstick
09-21-2005, 09:28 AM
####, I heard a funny story once but I don't think I remember all the details right. If you heard of it, straighten me out.

There was this player named Rags woods. He played pretty good and a couple of backers took him on a trip to play Luther Lassiter. They played on a 5x10 table with tight pockets. Back in those days they played two fouls ball in hand or push out nine ball.

First game, the object ball is in the middle of the foot rail and Rags pushes out to the other end of the table leaving an almost impossible cut. Luther steps up and fans it in the corner like it's nothing. Rags quit.

On the way home, nobody said nothing for two hours. Finally one of the backers ask Rags why he quit. Rags said "Where do you suggest I push out to the next time?" /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

sidepocket3
09-23-2005, 10:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Okay Debra I will post a funny story that happened to myself,Joe Canton[1951]National Champion [Also, the BCA Sanctioned 1963 U.S.Masters Pocket Billiard Champion], (strange how that's not often recognized)' and Jimmy Gilday from Glens Falls NY.

Norman"the Farmer" Webber had always told Joe of all the action in Presque Isle,Maine during potatoe picking time. Finally Joe had to see for himself the Action. We picked up Jimmy and cut thru Vermont and New Hampshire and ended up in Portland Maine, we scouted the poolrom but it was dead.
So we went to dinner and Joe and Jimmy were having Lobster and I was having hamburger. I looked over at the two and said did we score. They were eating like they were winners.

Now we discuss another couple of hundred miles to Presque Isle. I wanted to go towards Boston but I was out voted. So it was on to Presque Isle at the tip of Maine/Canada. When we got there, the only poolroom was in the barber shop. Joe got the barber to play 3/6/9 for 10 cents a way. Finally Joe gets him to play for a quarter. He beats him 3 ways and he quits.

We are walking down the street Jimmy on one side and I on the other. As if on cue Jimmy and I ask for are quarter.
Now here are three grown men laughing,laughing,laughing. It took 15 minutes for us to stop. Then we thought of "The Farmer" and the joke was on us. After that we always had a good spot for Norman to win money,Yeah Right. #### <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue"> </font color> <font color="red"> </font color>

DickLeonard
09-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Chopstick, It would have been Rags Fitzpatrick that was mentioned in the story. The glory days pool has passed and the history of the sport is only in peoples minds.

In my youth I would sit in Joe Canton's home and listen to war stories with Joe Canton and Norman "The Farmer" Webber. Some stories were second hand and other stories were legends repeated for the umpteen times. Dressed up,embellished, one rack becomes three racks. Rumuor had it Jimmy Moore ran 17 racks of nineball for 100 a game to get even.

Buddy Hipes challenged the straight poolplayers to a nineball game and Irving Crane said who is this and jumped on him. He was up on buddy 42 games to 7 and they tied at 50 games and Crane quit.####