PDA

View Full Version : 8 Ball on the break or runouts

Fast_Eddie
09-18-2005, 05:48 AM
How often do you not allow an opponent to the table? <font color="green"> </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

tjlmbklr
09-18-2005, 10:03 AM
I just started a two man league at Milwaukee only "good" pool hall. They play a modified version of BCA rules. Differences are the 8-ball on the break counts; Therefore I go for it 90% of the time. If done right, you will always get a good spread and make at least one ball(hopefully the 8). Then if I feel I can run out I will give it my best.

Bassn7
09-18-2005, 10:41 PM
Top of the line league players, 40-50% of the games are won from the break if using APA rules, 50-60% when using BCA rules. Since BCA allows you to shoot any ball if you make a ball on the break, it is much easier to run racks with their rules.

Fast_Eddie
09-20-2005, 11:26 PM
When I break the league I play in you have to hit the head ball first! That narrows those high percentage 8 break shots. I look a whole game out any time I walk to the table. Not just 1-3 shots ahead. That way you can tell if you can run or if you need to keep a certian ball in place for defense. If I see a chance I may have to take that ball playing defense out early. Some leave it for last for insurance. If I need it early to set up my run I take it.

tjlmbklr
09-21-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you have to hit the head ball first! <hr /></blockquote>

WOW, I never heard of that!