PDA

View Full Version : Post pics of your table.

ObeOne
06-19-2002, 11:18 PM
Lets see what you guys are playing on /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif. Here's mine:
http://roadrage.sports-gaming.com/tablesmall.jpg

7ft Brunswick

06-20-2002, 06:57 AM
I got a 9foot brown gold crown 4 but no picture sorry.
The table is crap tough, very disapointed.

06-20-2002, 07:14 AM
Oh i think i got the same cloth color as you have, powder blue they call it i think?

There is a part in the rail that is uh wrong, broken? It makes this airbag plof sound when i play in there, very weird, does any one know what it is?
When i check the rail with my hands there seems to be nothing wrong with it but when i play in it its very weird.
Its only about a 3 inch area but still its anoying.

Fred Agnir
06-20-2002, 07:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: ObeOne:</font><hr> Lets see what you guys are playing on /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif. Here's mine:<hr></blockquote>
I've got the cheapest slate table money could buy. It's a 7' Kasson Eagle, their lowest budget table. It's the only thing that fit in my house at the time. It keeps me in stroke for bar tables. When I bought a new house, the room was the same size as the old house!! So, the table stayed.

We're going through a room renovation, taking down the 70's paneling and carpet, but at this point I'm keeping it all the same size, so the room stays.

Departing from the norm, I've decided on a beige theme. So the cloth (already in) is camel, the chalk is gold, the cover is nutmeg, the walls will be some warm tone... I suppose picture will come when it's done. Currently, it looks like:

<a target="_blank" href=http://home.earthlink.net/~ohagnir>home.earthlink.net/~ohagnir</a>

Fred

Wally_in_Cincy
06-20-2002, 12:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fred Agnir:</font><hr> the chalk is gold,

<hr></blockquote>

Is that Silver Cup or Master? The Silver Cup gold is not very good and I haven't been able to find gold Master. TIA

06-20-2002, 01:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Fred Agnir:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; the chalk is gold,

&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Is that Silver Cup or Master? The Silver Cup gold is not very good and I haven't been able to find gold Master. TIA <hr></blockquote>

Mueller advertises Master Chalk in gold. It is $2.95 for a dozen pieces. They have a web site at:
http://www.poolndarts.com

Fred Agnir
06-20-2002, 02:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> &lt;Is that Silver Cup or Master? The Silver Cup gold is not very good and I haven't been able to find gold Master. TIA <hr></blockquote>
I went with Master Gold. I got it from Meuller's.

Fred

Paul_Mon
06-21-2002, 04:51 AM
I've got a JPG of my table how do I display it here?

cheesemouse
06-21-2002, 05:26 AM
Paul,
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click FAQ's. There is an explaination for images. HTH. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Paul_Mon
06-21-2002, 07:37 AM
Thanks Cheese. I don't have a web page. If interested I can send via e-mail.....Paul

Ken
06-21-2002, 08:34 PM
Paul, I got a free webpage from Geocities today. They weren't pleased by my linking pics directly to the CCB so I put the pics on the webpage. I guess they insist on getting their ads onscreen. I'm going to look around for another deal that will allow direct links so the pics will come up in the thread.

I've been getting a lot of emails which probably have the klez virus from someone called anitamon. Any relation to you?

The pics are at:

http://geocities.com/wright_ken/

stickman
06-21-2002, 08:43 PM
Ken, If you find a free web page that allows you to link to it, let me know. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

ObeOne
06-26-2002, 04:09 AM
u can upload pics and link them here on my server: http://roadrage.sports-gaming.com/slo/teamslo/imup.htm

MikeM
06-26-2002, 08:08 AM
My Connelly Sedona

http://roadrage.sports-gaming.com/slo/teamslo/imup/P6200025.JPG

http://roadrage.sports-gaming.com/slo/teamslo/imup/P6200024.JPG

MM...hoping this works.

MikeM
06-26-2002, 08:09 AM
nope, didn't work. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

MM

Fred Agnir
06-26-2002, 08:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MikeM:</font><hr> My Connelly Sedona

[image]http://roadrage.sports-gaming.com/cgi-bin/upload.cgi/http://roadrage.sports-gaming.com/slo/teamslo/imup/P6200024.JPG[image]

[image]http://roadrage.sports-gaming.com/cgi-bin/upload.cgi/http://roadrage.sports-gaming.com/slo/teamslo/imup/P6200025.JPG[image]

MM...hoping this works. <hr></blockquote>

You're missing a slash before the last "image", and you have too much crap in there. It should be:

http://roadrage.sports-gaming.com/slo/teamslo/imup/P6200025.JPG

http://roadrage.sports-gaming.com/slo/teamslo/imup/P6200024.JPG

Fred

MikeM
06-26-2002, 08:22 AM
Thanks, Fred!

MM

9 Ball Girl
06-26-2002, 09:47 AM
Wow! I like this one! When can I come over?

MikeM
06-26-2002, 11:08 AM
Any time 9 Ball Girl! As long as you promise not to shoot too damn good.

MM

SPetty
06-26-2002, 11:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: ObeOne:</font><hr> u can upload pics and link them here on my server: <a target="_blank" href=http://roadrage.sports-gaming.com/slo/teamslo/imup.htm>http://roadrage.sports-gaming.com/slo/teamslo/imup.htm</a> <hr></blockquote>Thanks, ObeOne.

This was easy to upload a picture to. If only CCB could provide us with something like that...

Here's my temporary table (which I couldn't have done without Fred's help):
http://roadrage.sports-gaming.com/slo/teamslo/imup/ptable1.jpg

MikeM
06-26-2002, 11:15 AM
Very nice table. And that wood floor looks awesome. Do you actually let people play pool over that floor?

MM...after the first break SPetty would kick me out

SPetty
06-26-2002, 11:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Very nice table. And that wood floor looks awesome. Do you actually let people play pool over that floor?

MM...after the first break SPetty would kick me out <hr></blockquote>Hi Mike,

Thanks for noticing. Yes, the wood floor is awesome, isn't it? It had only been down about four days before the table was taken out of storage and set up. (You can still see that the building is under construction by the stud wall in the background.) The funny thing is that two of the pockets will occasionally spit the balls out underneath, so balls have hit the floor a lot. I actually intended the floor to look a little more rustic than it does, so I don't mind a few dings here and there.

Rich R.
06-26-2002, 11:46 AM
Great table SPetty and I love the floor.
What we have to talk about is the shine on the floor. I do not notice a path worn around the table. A sure sign that you are not practicing enough. LOL.
Rich R.

06-26-2002, 12:33 PM
you can find gold master all over ebay really cheap!

john bastian in pa

Rod
06-26-2002, 02:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SPetty:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;

I actually intended the floor to look a little more rustic than it does, so I don't mind a few dings here and there.
<hr></blockquote>

Hi SPetty,

Those samples can be a bit misleading. We imagine how it will look, then when it's installed in a large area it just seems to change. I'm just guessing here, but it has happened to me. Did you want it a little darker? Regardless it looks very nice and so does the table. What year and model is the table? Your going to love that room, I know I would. Now keep that dust mop handy, you don't want to wear tracks around the table. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif. BTW if it's a ball return system the gutters probably just need a little tweaking.

06-26-2002, 03:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Malcolm:</font><hr> I got a 9foot brown gold crown 4 but no picture sorry.
The table is crap tough, very disapointed. <hr></blockquote>

your 9'gc4 is crap??? you must have the worlds worst table mechanic or know very little about tables. are you sure it's a 4?

dan

06-26-2002, 04:01 PM
Yes i am sure.
I had expected it to be much better.
The rails are slow and the slates arent flat.
And im not only talking about leveling of slates, they are just not consistant.
Maybe this is just normal, but i expected much better.

06-26-2002, 06:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Malcolm:</font><hr> Yes i am sure.
I had expected it to be much better.
The rails are slow and the slates arent flat.
And im not only talking about leveling of slates, they are just not consistant.
Maybe this is just normal, but i expected much better. <hr></blockquote>

my cushions are as fast as any. the slates are a matter of installation. slate will not bend.it's not all that unusual for slate to "pop" at the seams. especially if the table is flexed by a moving floor. i suggest that, for your next recover, you find a good table mechanic to get after it.

i've had my 9' gc4 for over a year now and could not possibly be happier. the table gets a lot of use from some very high caliber players and i've yet to have anything other than compliments.

dan

06-26-2002, 07:52 PM
I guess you just dont want as much as i do.
Balls always roll of at slow speeds and this isnt because the slates arent level, its just because they arent made flat, it rolls off in different directions everywhere on the table.
And i like to play hard, when i do that the rails sound like i shouldnt do it anymore, sounds like im breaking them.
I got a weird part in the rail that makes a completely different sound since a few weeks ago.
Bank shots come off very straight of the cusions too, i tought it was like that in the pool hall because of the very bad tables, but it doesnt seem all that different on my gold crown.
Well i actualy expected the table cusion speed to be like on vpool champ setting tables.
Part of the problem for speed might be that the simonis has much more resistance tough.
I looked at how the table is built, doesnt seem to be very good, the rails just hang on the slates ... everytime you play a hard ball in the rails you pull the slates appart.
Seems like a cheap table with a big pricetag.
I saw 3cusion on tv, those tables seem to be much better.

I could have bought a challenger table for 40 percent of this price, i regret i didnt, probably would have been installed better too.

06-26-2002, 07:55 PM
If the slates dont bent how can it be that its only in the midle of the table that i have this uh ?(well where the slates dont match, its a litle higher)
Closer to the cusions it is flat.

06-27-2002, 12:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Malcolm:</font><hr> I guess you just dont want as much as i do.
Balls always roll of at slow speeds and this isnt because the slates arent level, its just because they arent made flat, it rolls off in different directions everywhere on the table.
And i like to play hard, when i do that the rails sound like i shouldnt do it anymore, sounds like im breaking them.
I got a weird part in the rail that makes a completely different sound since a few weeks ago.
Bank shots come off very straight of the cusions too, i tought it was like that in the pool hall because of the very bad tables, but it doesnt seem all that different on my gold crown.
Well i actualy expected the table cusion speed to be like on vpool champ setting tables.
Part of the problem for speed might be that the simonis has much more resistance tough.
I looked at how the table is built, doesnt seem to be very good, the rails just hang on the slates ... everytime you play a hard ball in the rails you pull the slates appart.
Seems like a cheap table with a big pricetag.
I saw 3cusion on tv, those tables seem to be much better.

I could have bought a challenger table for 40 percent of this price, i regret i didnt, probably would have been installed better too. <hr></blockquote>

ok, #1, you said that i and the players who come to this table don't demand as much as you do. i doubt that.

as the ball dies, it may hook a little. that is usually the result of dirt in the cloth. chalk dust and chunks. vacuum more often. if you have high/low spots after proper set-up then you've got a bonifide law case. push it. however, if, as you say, they roll off "in different directions everywhere on the table" then it ain't the slate, it's the cloth and you should be happy that it's not in any one direction. that's bad and shows it's time to relevel. (30-bux here. ready to do again. every six months just to be sure. )

cushions. the better the cushion, within limits, the faster the ball will come off. also, on a good table, the harder you enter the cushion, the straighter it will come off. smaller, closer angle.

anyway. my point is: there is a reason that around the country, if there's money on the game then it's being shot on a g.c. day in day out the brunswick table is the standard. with the changes they made on the 4 (perfect pockets and losing the counters and emblems that scratch cues) they've set the standard. the other guys are " as good as a crown" but if you call the game on a crown, then noone will question it.

anyway, get a good vacuum.

dan

heater451
06-27-2002, 07:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: houstondan:</font><hr> . . .as the ball dies, it may hook a little. that is usually the result of dirt in the cloth. chalk dust and chunks. vacuum more often. if you have high/low spots after proper set-up then you've got a bonifide law case. push it. however, if, as you say, they roll off "in different directions everywhere on the table" then it ain't the slate, it's the cloth and you should be happy that it's not in any one direction. that's bad and shows it's time to relevel.<hr></blockquote>Another thing to consider, especially if the table hasn't been set up long, or the cloth is new, is that the 'nap' of the cloth is not set. When the cloth is carried around, prior to install, it's usually rolled up, which makes the nap run every which way--"bed head" is a close equivalent.

Make sure to brush the cloth in one direction, and in a straight line, from the head cushion to the foot cushion. Do this before and after every session for awhile, and you can probably slack off after a bit, depending on how often you play on it.

SPetty
06-27-2002, 10:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rod:</font><hr> Those samples can be a bit misleading. We imagine how it will look, then when it's installed in a large area it just seems to change. I'm just guessing here, but it has happened to me. Did you want it a little darker? Regardless it looks very nice and so does the table. What year and model is the table? Your going to love that room, I know I would. Now keep that dust mop handy, you don't want to wear tracks around the table. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif. BTW if it's a ball return system the gutters probably just need a little tweaking. <hr></blockquote>Hi Rod,

This is my temporary table, on loan from my brother-in-law. When we disassembled and reassembled it, we didn't see any indication of make or model. I remember a date I think in the mid-1980's, put there by the table installer.

It's not a ball return system, some of the leather in the pockets is broken, and balls can fit through the holes.

Yes, I'm going to love this room. *start bragging* Did I mention it is a separate outbuilding? (I call it my Pool Hall.) It is a barn-style structure and will someday hold a 9' Diamond Pro and a 7' Valley Cougar downstairs, with a real nice roomy guest room upstairs. It now has two temporary 8' tables set up - this one and an old Sears table. Progress continues: just two weeks ago, the toilet got hooked up. WooHoo! As for the floor, I was actually going to go with the unfinished floor, like a saloon, but got talked into a few coats of polyurethane. I do really like it. It is the cheapest #3 knotty, imperfect, 3/4" solid oak floor I could get, and I did get a real good deal. *end bragging*

Rod
06-27-2002, 10:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SPetty:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:

Yes, I'm going to love this room. *start bragging* Did I mention it is a separate outbuilding? (I call it my Pool Hall.) It is a barn-style structure and will someday hold a 9' Diamond Pro and a 7' Valley Cougar downstairs, with a real nice roomy guest room upstairs. It now has two temporary 8' tables set up - this one and an old Sears table. Progress continues: just two weeks ago, the toilet got hooked up. WooHoo! As for the floor, I was actually going to go with the unfinished floor, like a saloon, but got talked into a few coats of polyurethane. I do really like it. It is the cheapest #3 knotty, imperfect, 3/4" solid oak floor I could get, and I did get a real good deal. *end bragging*
<hr></blockquote>

Why no SPetty you didn't mention that little tidbit! Your own Pool Hall at home. Hum where do I start, well at the begining of course.

When I was a young lad we lived on a farm. We also had a barn type structure, because it was a barn! *start whining* Our barn had an upstairs loft and it was wood flooring also, sounds like a parallel. Well not exactly it didn't have a nice roomy guest room, it had hay bails. There ok to lay on when your tired, but it's a pain getting them up there. Then you feed a cow your bed, and start over. It didn't have polyurethane coating either. The ground floor leaved a little to be desired. It was solid dirt construction, with a little hay and straw thrown around for added cushion. We didn't have a pool table either, imagine that! Our entertainment was milking the cows, "we had pets". The new milking machine was GREAT. Toilets, the closest one was about 1/8 mile it was a free standing structure, Woo-Hoo!*end whining*<hr></blockquote>

I'm just fooling around, but I do have pictures of the barn type structure. It was Red! It had a weather vane with a Rooster, bet that got your attention!
Seriously have a great place to play with years of intertainment ahead. Be sure to post pictures when your done.

~~~ rod feels like his barn is inadequate, sniffle sniffle

Sid_Vicious
06-28-2002, 07:47 AM
SPetty...I suppose a tightly clad waitress serving cold ones is included in the blueprints ;-) sid~~~needs a map and an invite for the grand opening

AustinFilAm
06-28-2002, 09:26 AM
Hi Dan,
I too, have a 9' GC4. I love it!! It gets a lot of play time just from me alone. It also get a lot of compliments as an all around outstanding table. If Malcolm has valid problems with his GC4, he probably should contact Brunswick. I'm sure they'll make it right. It has a lifetime warranty.

9 Ball Girl
06-28-2002, 01:14 PM
I wish I had a table at home. I opted on buying living room furniture instead! What was I thinking?!

Tom_In_Cincy
06-28-2002, 01:18 PM
9 ball lady.

I have some friends that met while competing in a pool league.. They got married and decided to have a pool table in their living room instead of the traditional funiture.. everyone ends up in the kitchen anyway..