PDA

View Full Version : Deeman3 - Back at zero posts once again...

Deeman3
09-20-2005, 08:22 AM
Hello, my fellow Americans....I have landed in the great metropolis of Luverne, Alabama...population 303 including dogs and cats, not a pool table within 50 miles and where "action" is something that happens behind the high school after 8:00p.m.

I can't get the CCB system to work to send me a temporary password so I can have my post number status back! So here I am, working 12 hours, seven days but enjoying the area. I'm living out of a hotel in Troy, Alabama and hoping Troy State might have a pool center I can gain access to. I am hoping Scott Lee can help me there as I know he has done exhibitions there.

I am missing my Texas buddies and the income from the tournaments there. More than anything, I miss PettyPoint and those good CCBer's I have had so many great times with.

I've been lurking a couple of weeks hoping the administrator would restore my password but have kinda like staying out of all the political stuff on this side.

I have missed everyone, even Q.....

Working is going well. I speak a few languages but, unfortunately, Korean is not one of them, but I'll learn. Koreans learning pronouncation from south Alabama folks is it's own entertainment.

Spiderman, they do at least get a pork sandwich right on occasion and the babybacks are quite good.

Sid_ I've found you the perfect woman, it would be worth the trip....

Poolturtle, you'd have to give up a few balls to the players I've seen here, but i've not hit the big city yet...

Ceebee, I think they need your book here. However, people have heard of one pocket, at least.

Ace, get on down here and congratulations on the league dominance, even without me (maybe because I left!)

Spetty - I miss my road partner more than anyone.....

Tori and I came through the top part of the Katrina tragedy and saw some damage the next day (Monday). There are many from the devastation staying around here. God bless them, they are all holding up well and keeping a good spirt. We are hoping some can stay in the area and get a new start. All I have met are very good people and just want a chance to be normal again.

Later,

Deeman3, wishing he could be Deeman2 again....

Tom_In_Cincy
09-20-2005, 09:17 AM
Glad you made it D3,

Maybe you can find a frindly person from Alabama that has a 9 foot in their family room that will take a 'liken' to a transplanted Tennesseean that actually lived in Texas... just maybe.

On the otherhand, maybe now you can work on the pool story that only you and Spiderman have read.

just kidding.. hope everything is working out ok for you and yours.

Deeman3
09-20-2005, 09:40 AM
Tom,

After all these years, you mean Spiderman didn't ever send you my pool book? I have sweated all these years asking myself why you didn't at least say, "Deeman, this is crap!" P.M. me an address and I'll send you a copy. Gee, you just can't trust those spiders to forward anything.

Oh! It must have been bad as Spiderman never got around to reading it or at least didn't comment on it either....(and it is set in his hometown!!!)

Yep, I am looking for someone with a 9 footer around here but it could never live up to PettyPoint....We have been spoiled... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deeman

SPetty
09-20-2005, 10:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr>P.M. me an address and I'll send you a copy. <hr /></blockquote>Deeman, good to have you back. I've sent you email after email after email - did you get any of them?

Please toss one of your books for me in that huge box of stuff that you promised to send me, 'kay? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Really, glad to see you made it O.K.

Deeman3
09-20-2005, 11:16 AM
Spetty,

We don't have the home computer hooked up yet (still in a box somewhere in storage) so I have no access to that e-mail, except for this new work e-mail address

dsands@shym.co.kr

They packed Mr. Poo as I could not talk Walter (Ace) into bringing him to you!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif I will locate the tapes, the poo and a copy of "Balabuska's Nickle" as soon as we get in a house and unpack (hopefully soon as Tori is climbing the hotel walls, not in a sexual sense).

Walter and his wife had their first child, a boy, right as I skipped town.....

Deeman

wolfdancer
09-20-2005, 12:18 PM
I Insist You Borrow This Terrible Book And Tell Me How Much You Liked It

By Deeman
October 3, 2001

I know you love to read, and I think I have something you'll really, really dislike. I just finished this book called Dog Days, by Deeman, and it changed my life. I've never read anything that so perfectly captures the shallow things I think and feel every day. You absolutely must borrow it.

I know you're a busy person, but this book is just incredible. (To me, that is.) I mean, it blew my mind. I haven't read a book this meaningful since Catcher In The Rye back in high school, when I stopped reading books assigned to me by people with good taste. If you just give the first few cliche-ridden pages a try, I swear you'll be so put off, you'll want to throw it away. But I won't allow that, because I'll continue to hound you about it for weeks.

Look, I have it right here, and I think it's perfect for me. It's this incredibly trite story about a man who can't connect with people, so he creates a world where he talks to his pets. Then, after a while, they start to talk back to him, only you don't know if they're actually talking to him or if it's all in his imagination. I mean, like I said, you probably will be able to put it down after the first few pages. After that, it really doesn't pick up.

I really wish you'd read it, because I've been dying to discuss it with somebody. My mind has been reeling ever since I finished it. It's like a combination of William S. Burroughs' stream-of-consciousness and J.R.R. Tolkien's fantasy sensibility. It's a little "out there," and the narrative is a total mess, but it kind of just barely makes sense once you've finished and digested it.

Yes, it is a "pointless pile of claptrap." But why would you say such a thing? That kind of cynicism is just the sort of thing this book talks about. It says that people like you mask your real feelings with sarcasm and are incapable of genuine human expression. If anyone really needs to avoid this, it's you. You won't change your tune once you get to the part about the kleptomaniac monkey in the candy store. Or the part where the protagonist tearfully confesses his failings to a cat he's dressed as his mother.

Well, okay, I'm just going to leave it here, and you can pick it up. Go ahead. I'll turn my back so you won't feel guilty or foolish. My back is turned. Do you have it? No? I can't believe you're so closed-minded! The predictable twist ending alone is worth the 572 pages you have to plod through. Actually, it's not, but it was to me.

Dog Days is so much more than an endless string of cliches with a gimmicky ending slapped on, seemingly from out of nowhere. The characters are forgettable, too, failing to leap to life off the page. Like Salty, the wizened sea captain whose life of loneliness parallels that of the nameless protagonist. Or the ghost of Eva Braun, who tempts him and tries to keep him from doing good. It's a rich tapestry of bizarre, poorly established characters, implausible plot developments, and thinly veiled autobiographical conversations that a dumb guy like me can't help but fall in love with.

Well, if you change your mind, I'd be happy to loan it to you. That is, if I haven't loaned it to someone else by then. Right now, I'm reading the new John Gray book, which you'll find every bit as bad as you expect. I'll have to get it to you when I'm done.
with apologies to "The Onion" from where I hijacked the article

DickLeonard
09-20-2005, 12:39 PM
Deeman2 I know how you feel I lost #### and hundreds of stored messages and favorite posts. I was lost but now am found, of course I still sign #### so it is acceptable and your friends will remember you. Kato is now ARJ it happened to him.####

ras314
09-20-2005, 12:56 PM
Living out of a motel can't be much fun. Troy used to have at least one action room. I well remember spending a night as a "guest of the city" there from a speed trap operation because they don't take checks. Judge kept the courthouse open all night while that rip off was operating.

Dothan still has some action from what I've heard. The old Sportsmans Paradise in Dothan is long gone they tell me, it had palm trees painted on the walls and some real fine old tables.

Selma isn't too far, at least one pretty fair road player was out of Selma 10-12 years ago, forgot his name. Always had some hot chick with him to handle the money, saw him once with two. Never saw him with the same one twice, what a life!

You gotta get some time off that job!

Deeman3
09-20-2005, 01:32 PM
LOL,
O.K. Wolfdancer, I guess I didn't miss you as much as the others...

Hey, it's only 489 pages!!!

Deeman
still dodging bullets from the man who tap dances with wolves...

Deeman3
09-20-2005, 01:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> Living out of a motel can't be much fun. <font color="blue"> Raz, you got that right! </font color> Troy used to have at least one action room. <font color="blue">It is now a roost for retired pidgeons, just a few old signs still hanging on the outside. </font color> I well remember spending a night as a "guest of the city" there from a speed trap operation because they don't take checks. Judge kept the courthouse open all night while that rip off was operating. <font color="blue"> Hey, I've been held in more exciting places myself. </font color>

Dothan still has some action from what I've heard. The old Sportsmans Paradise in Dothan is long gone they tell me, it had palm trees painted on the walls and some real fine old tables.

Selma isn't too far, at least one pretty fair road player was out of Selma 10-12 years ago, forgot his name. <font color="blue">Wasn't me, I was in Germany or Thailand at the time. </font color> Always had some hot chick with him to handle the money, saw him once with two. Never saw him with the same one twice, what a life! <font color="blue"> Yep, I'm now dead sure it wasn't me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif </font color>

You gotta get some time off that job! <font color="blue">I will, as soon as I convince them to let my people go (my employees). Talk about rough, some of these guys sleep at their desk at night!!!! I thought the Japanese were dedicated! </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Deeman

wolfdancer
09-20-2005, 02:08 PM
Deeman, years ago, I had a job as a service tech, travelling thoughout the state of La, Ala, up to Mobile, and the golf coast of Fla. Weekends, I spent in New Orleans, but I've alrady confessed and been forgiven for those escapades. I lived in Motel 6's when they actually charged $6, plus a little extra to turn the lights on for you, and a little more for a b&amp;w tv. some towns were so small, they couldn't afford to be listed on a map.....sounds like it ain't changed much...

Deeman3
09-20-2005, 02:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Deeman, years ago, I had a job as a service tech, travelling thoughout the state of La, Ala, up to Mobile, and the golf coast of Fla. Weekends, I spent in New Orleans, but I've alrady confessed and been forgiven for those escapades. I lived in Motel 6's when they actually charged $6, plus a little extra to turn the lights on for you, and a little more for a b&amp;w tv. some towns were so small, they couldn't afford to be listed on a map.....sounds like it ain't changed much... <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="purple"> Wolfdancer,

I think we have your old room. </font color>

Deeman

Ace
09-20-2005, 09:23 PM
Hey Dee, I would have gladly have trnsported your gift package to SPetty but I was a bit busy with the new addition to my family. Our little boy (Sean Anthony) was born at 12:09 PM on August 31 , 7 lbs 5 ounces. I have two little girls (7 &amp; 4) from a previous marrage, which I have custody of. Tell SPetty I need directions to Petty Point. I have been there one time and would really like to come back, if I could only have left some bread crumbs to remember my way. By the way, this game of pool you showed me is really cool. I think I may be getting the hang of 8-ball and 9-ball. Thank You! lol

ryushen21
09-21-2005, 02:44 AM
Hey Deeman,

Greetings from across the Atlantic. Glad to see that things are good for you even if you are in Alabama. I havenīt found a pool room over here either. Then again i havenīt really been looking. Spain is a trip. Anyways, just wanted to drop a message. And hopefully the other PPPH regulars will see this and know that i am doing alright.

Donīt get into too much trouble.

Deeman3
09-21-2005, 05:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ace:</font><hr> Hey Dee, I would have gladly have trnsported your gift package to SPetty but I was a bit busy with the new addition to my family. <font color="blue"> Walter, you gotta get those priorities right! Glad both Sean and Moma are doing well. </font color> Our little boy (Sean Anthony) was born at 12:09 PM on August 31 , 7 lbs 5 ounces. I have two little girls (7 &amp; 4) from a previous marrage, which I have custody of. Tell SPetty I need directions to Petty Point. <font color="blue"> I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you....SPetty will supply any bread crumbs as we are all sworn to keep the exact location close to the vest. </font color> I have been there one time and would really like to come back, if I could only have left some bread crumbs to remember my way. By the way, this game of pool you showed me is really cool. I think I may be getting the hang of 8-ball and 9-ball. <font color="blue"> Yeah, right! and you might consider playing some unsuspecting slob for a little cash, right? Hey, these guys were not born yesterday. You need to find a little slower web site than this (Try AZ) LOL I hope Karl is doing well I see he had another 12-0 last week! You guys should at least let someone think they can beat you. Say "Hi" to Sam. I guess they got all the cancer (I hope)...

You are NOT taking my Tuesday night money over at Corner Pocket in Kilgore are you? </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

Deeman

Deeman3
09-21-2005, 06:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ryushen21:</font><hr> Hey Deeman,

Greetings from across the Atlantic. Glad to see that things are good for you even if you are in Alabama. I havenīt found a pool room over here either. Then again i havenīt really been looking. Spain is a trip. Anyways, just wanted to drop a message. And hopefully the other PPPH regulars will see this and know that i am doing alright.

Donīt get into too much trouble. <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">Ryushen21, my friend, It's great to know the Spanish women are no longer safe on the streets. I am happy you are getting to experience Europe and Spain in particular. Good people. You will make freinds you will never lose and have experiences you will always remember. I miss our little one pocket games and watching your game get so good. Find that pool hall near the Bullring and knock 'em dead.

One more note, beware of making committments to Spanish women. They will show up with all their relatives and a shotgun or two. Unlike NBG, they won't let you off the hook!!!!

Have a great stay buddy.... </font color>

Deeman
remembering the Barcelona bars, what a place...

SPetty
09-21-2005, 02:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> We don't have the home computer hooked up yet (still in a box somewhere in storage) so I have no access to that e-mail, except for this new work e-mail address <hr /></blockquote>Uh, I'm no computer genius, but aren't you supposed to be able to get to Hotmail email from any computer that's hooked to the internet?

You might try logging in at www.hotmail.com (http://www.hotmail.com) /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Deeman3
09-21-2005, 03:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> We don't have the home computer hooked up yet (still in a box somewhere in storage) so I have no access to that e-mail, except for this new work e-mail address <hr /></blockquote>Uh, I'm no computer genius, but aren't you supposed to be able to get to Hotmail email from any computer that's hooked to the internet?

You might try logging in at www.hotmail.com (http://www.hotmail.com) /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> SPetty,

As we knew SBC was not available in Alabama (hell, we barely have electricity here) I closed the old e-mail accounts before we left texas. That may be the reason I can't pull up myn old "Deeman2" account on CCB.

Yes, I could have kept the accounts but knew Deewoman would find another service here that would require not interloper ISP.

Deeman
what does this button do? </font color>

sack316
09-22-2005, 01:45 PM
hey dee, glad to hear ya made it safe and welcome back to sweet home Alabama. Based on some of what I read I think I have a good idea who you're working with /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
If and when you have time let me know when you're coming towards Montgomery and we'll go out and hit a few balls.
I was in Opelika last weekend for a tournament, and when we got done I ran into a buddy of yours at the Auburn Bumpers ( I think his name was Brad, but I could be very wrong since I'm no good with names). He was looking for a game for Guido, but I was way too tired and poor that night for anything like that. But at least you know some folks are still around there that you know.
Kathy's one of a kind jacoby cue got lost or stolen, so she was upset about that. Otherwise you aint missed too much. Keep in touch and glad you're back!

Deeman3
09-22-2005, 02:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sack316:</font><hr> hey dee, glad to hear ya made it safe and welcome back to sweet home Alabama. Based on some of what I read I think I have a good idea who you're working with /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
If and when you have time let me know when you're coming towards Montgomery and we'll go out and hit a few balls.
I was in Opelika last weekend for a tournament, and when we got done I ran into a buddy of yours at the Auburn Bumpers ( I think his name was Brad, but I could be very wrong since I'm no good with names). He was looking for a game for Guido, but I was way too tired and poor that night for anything like that. But at least you know some folks are still around there that you know.
Kathy's one of a kind jacoby cue got lost or stolen, so she was upset about that. Otherwise you aint missed too much. Keep in touch and glad you're back! <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Sack,

Yep. Brad is a friend. Guido shoots jam up, especially on a bar box. That's a pretty nice Sunday afternoon tournament when the right guys show up. Sorry to hear about Kathy's cue. She is a good player.

By the way, where in hell did all these little "love Bugs" come from. They are mated together and hit my windshield by the millions! I don't remember them in Auburn....

Later,

Deeman
Happy to be back in 'Bama but miss my Texas gang....

I do look forward playing some as soon as we start making enough vehicles per day to satisfy the demand. They doubled the ramp up schedule on us so it's run, run and run some more. </font color>

SPetty
09-22-2005, 03:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> Happy to be back in 'Bama....<hr /></blockquote>Yep, 'specially since there's a hurricane headed for Longview... /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Deeman3
09-22-2005, 03:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> Happy to be back in 'Bama....<hr /></blockquote>Yep, 'specially since there's a hurricane headed for Longview... /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> You got that right road partner... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>

Deeman
We can see the dark clouds to the south from Luverne right now!!!!!

ras314
09-22-2005, 04:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> By the way, where in hell did all these little "love Bugs" come from. They are mated together and hit my windshield by the millions! I don't remember them in Auburn....
<hr /></blockquote>
Hey, don't forget to wash those telephone bugs off the windshield and paint job. They can actually leave little etch marks in the glass. Being politically polite I use the proper term for the bug that calls and hangs up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Man, I like it out here without all those bugs that either bite, sting, or rust out your vehicle.