PDA

View Full Version : Score Keepers at US Open

houseman
09-20-2005, 09:35 AM
Any idea where a room owner could get some of those score keeper balls that they use on the tv table at the US Open ?

Rich R.
09-20-2005, 10:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote houseman:</font><hr> Any idea where a room owner could get some of those score keeper balls that they use on the tv table at the US Open ? <hr /></blockquote>
Houseman, I don't know where they got them from, but I would guess you could get them from a supply house that specializes in window displays, or something along that line. They are just hollow plastic balls that have been adapted, and painted, for the use of keeping score. My guess is that they are approximately 5 inches in diameter.

I will be going to the Open on Wednesday. If I can find out any definite information, I will let you know.

Tom_In_Cincy
09-20-2005, 10:47 AM
We use a metal bar quarter inch diameter, threaded on both ends for wing nuts.
The balls are plastic golf balls (used for back yard practice) the holes are made a little bit bigger so that they will slide along the metal bar easier. The bar is supported by the table lamp chain link.

If you wanted a bigger ball, you could go to the sporting goods store and buy plastic softball sized balls. Drill some holes, color them if you wish or just separate them with a different color every 5th ball.

houseman
09-20-2005, 04:33 PM
thanks,
I already have what you guys suggest, just wanted something better.
They just look more professional.

Rich R.
09-20-2005, 07:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote houseman:</font><hr> thanks,
I already have what you guys suggest, just wanted something better.
They just look more professional. <hr /></blockquote>
They are just painted, to look similar to pool balls. That gives them a nice look.