PDA

View Full Version : psyc of pool

eat_sleep_pool
09-20-2005, 06:56 PM
hey does anyone have any info on the psychology of pool??

Bob_Jewett
09-20-2005, 07:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eat_sleep_pool:</font><hr> hey does anyone have any info on the psychology of pool?? <hr /></blockquote>
Get Bob Fancher's book. There are lots of random ramblings on the subject in lots of pool books, but Fancher seems to have done a useful, professional job of explaining it. While you're at it, get "The Inner Game of Tennis" as well.

Plummerbutt
09-20-2005, 08:40 PM
Bob has you pointed in a very good direction.

One thing I want to point out that I've never seen in print (maybe someone has written about it, I just havn't read it). It works wonders for me. I have half the local league players ( I don't play league) thinking I'm some kind of extreemly talented player and cannot be beat even on a bad night.

The secret is this. When you pull off a difficult, or very difficult shot, never, and I mean never, bat an eye, crack a grin or show any sort of reaction or emotion. Act as if you EXPECTED it to go in. NOT as if it going in suprized you too.

I swear, this has won me more games then talent. I have these guys psyced (&lt;sp?) out before the rack is even broke.

Tom_In_Cincy
09-20-2005, 09:37 PM
This book is about golf but it might as well be for any effort that requires dedication and lots of practice.

"Golf is not a game of Perfect" by R. Rotella (sp?)

DickLeonard
09-21-2005, 05:50 AM
Eat-Sleep-Pool, I am working on that subject but I am a pro-crastinator. But practicing playing pool before you go to sleep will help you improve. There is something about your mind not letting you miss. Missing is something you only do in Real Life.####

Pied Piper
09-22-2005, 04:26 AM
Find a copy of The Pleasures of Small Motions. That's a good one.

Bob_Jewett
09-22-2005, 10:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Pied Piper:</font><hr> Find a copy of The Pleasures of Small Motions. That's a good one. <hr /></blockquote>
That's Bob Fancher's book. I see on the internet you can get a copy delivered to your house for about $10.