PDA

View Full Version : An extra inch makes a difference.

Chopstick
09-21-2005, 12:40 PM
Well, I just got the shafts for my new stick. They are 30 inches. I've been having to get by with a 58 inch stick while I waited for these. What a difference? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I didn't realize how much I missed that extra inch. I will never go back to a 58 inch cue again. I'm home

SplinterHands
09-21-2005, 01:17 PM
Ok, I'll say it. That's what she said.

Eric.
09-21-2005, 03:53 PM
Charlie,

I read your post and was relieved(for you) that it wasn't a direct quote from your girlfriend /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric

Barbara
09-21-2005, 04:09 PM
Personally, I think I have 1/2 inch too much!! LOL!!

I should've had some measurements taken before I ordered mine, but oh well, I'm still happy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Barbara

randyg
09-21-2005, 04:23 PM
Damm it Barb, you are one lucky lady....Love ya-randyg

Sid_Vicious
09-21-2005, 04:41 PM
Maybe you can prod Spiderman to pick up that new cue he had built that's longer. Hell, I could not have resisted playing with a brand new cue for a day much less this long...sid

stickman
09-21-2005, 05:08 PM
I shoot with a 60" cue and I'll never use a 58" cue again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif My grip hand was always on the butt sleeve, now it's on the wrap. Of course, I'm 6'6".

recoveryjones
09-22-2005, 08:42 AM
Jimmy Reid talks about cue sizes at this link:
http://www.freepoollessons.com/cue4u.shtml

Also I remember seeing on one of his instructional videos reccommended sizes pertaining to ones height.

Fred Agnir
09-22-2005, 08:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote recoveryjones:</font><hr> Jimmy Reid talks about cue sizes at this link:
<hr /></blockquote>

And Gerald Huber talks about the size of Jimmy Reid's in The Green Felt Jungle

LOL!!!!!

Fred

zeeder
09-22-2005, 09:04 AM
I agree completely. I've been shooting with 60" cues for a few months now and it feels very weird when I go back to a 57-58" cue. My hand now is mostly on the back of the wrap or sometimes just below it, instead of hanging off the cue with a 58"er!

wolfdancer
09-22-2005, 09:43 AM
along dem lines though.......there ain't no "extra" inches

justbrake
09-22-2005, 12:23 PM
I have long arms and short leggs so an inch lomger helps me! also brings my cues balance point towards the front a little more

Deeman3
09-22-2005, 12:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> Well, I just got the shafts for my new stick. They are 30 inches. I've been having to get by with a 58 inch stick while I waited for these. What a difference? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I didn't realize how much I missed that extra inch. I will never go back to a 58 inch cue again. I'm home <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Chopstick,

I'm staying with my 58" shafts as these newfangled long shafts are sure the work of the Devil just like jump cues, flood insurance and those infernal talky movies....

</font color>

Deeman
how far am I from Chopstickville, anyway?????

Chopstick
09-23-2005, 07:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr>
Deeman
how far am I from Chopstickville, anyway????? <hr /></blockquote>

About 400 miles. I looked at that Jimmy Reid website. According the his formula I should be using a 60 inch cue. Spidey's got more reach than I do. That's the darndest thing about that cue he had made. As soon as he got it, he didn't like it. A 59 incher will still play sort of like a 58. A 60 is a big difference in the feel. I think I'll have a 60 inch sneaky pete made to mess around with.

Deeman3
09-23-2005, 07:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr>
Deeman
how far am I from Chopstickville, anyway????? <hr /></blockquote>

About 400 miles. <hr /></blockquote>

Chopstick,

Maybe we can find a little tournament somewhere in between after the Hurricanes are through screwing everything up and meet for play time. Road partners rule, "We WILL draw each other in the first round!"

Later,

Deeman
has a 60" snooker shaft but 9mm is too thing for pool

Chopstick
09-23-2005, 11:43 AM
I have never been up into the pan handle area. Now I have an excuse to go. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DickLeonard
09-24-2005, 11:47 AM
I had Paul Dayton convert a one piece Willie Hoppe cue into a two-piece cue with two extensions, one a two inch and one ten inch. Making the bridge a thing of the past. They both screw into the butt cap making it a solid hitting cue.####