PDA

View Full Version : Playing Better Fred Agnir??

06-20-2002, 12:10 AM
Fred how you been playing since vegas?? Ive been playing some of the best pool of my life here.. I think vegas was a real big confidence boost for me... Ive been winning alot of the small tournies around town lately and alot of the guys who I used to say "oh crap I have to play them next" Im saying " great I get to play them next" how bout you?

06-20-2002, 01:02 AM
partial snip:
and alot of the guys who I used to say "oh crap I have to play them next" Im saying " great I get to play them next" how bout you?

That's a great attitude to have.

Fred Agnir
06-20-2002, 06:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> Fred how you been playing since vegas?? Ive been playing some of the best pool of my life here.. I think vegas was a real big confidence boost for me... Ive been winning alot of the small tournies around town lately and alot of the guys who I used to say "oh crap I have to play them next" Im saying " great I get to play them next" how bout you?
<hr></blockquote>
It's summer, Ken. Like many other league players, I get kinda burned out by leagues. So, with the humidity in the bars, and the sun still shining when I go to league play, I'm not really 100%.

At least, that's my excuse ;-)

But in all seriousness, if anything (and I know this is going to sound bad) although I definitely got a nice jolt playing and watching all the great bar pool at Vegas, it's disappointing to not be able to play against that level of play more often at home. So, league play suddenly has less appeal regardless of the summer season.

Fred

06-20-2002, 11:36 AM
I too get the burnout feeling a bit right after league ends fred but with me its a little different I think because almost all of my friends are pool players and its just a constant part of our lives no matter where we go.... we often joke about bringing pool tables with us on our 20 person + camping trips... in fact my g/f has a small trailer in washington on private property that even has an old clubhouse with a 8 foot bar table in it so there is jsut no escape for me.... tyson fight was fun we had my sattelite there and had a nice little handicap tourney at the same time

06-20-2002, 11:41 AM
My friend Carlos Santos told me a couple of years ago that the biggest difference between me and him was that he wanted so badly to be the guy who had to play the final game of a set for all the marbles and that I was afraid to be that guy... I really took it to heart but at the same time figured he was right... its been my biggest goal to change that and I practically insisted that i was anchor for my team in vegas this year... one set I had been playing just brutal all set.... I was getting real worried that it would make it to my game for the set as I had been playing so bad.... it makes it to me we need a win from my table or the one next to me.... I broke and ran out.. best feeling ive had in a long while