PDA

View Full Version : How good are you?

Godzilla
09-23-2005, 06:56 PM
Hi Everyone,
I'm just wondering how ability stacks up here in boonsville compared to you fellows in the US and the rest of Canada. I play in an 8 ball league and a 9 ball league here, and the poolhall I play in is probably the only place with any game in town. I would rank myself in the lower part of the top 10 in town although I had the fourth best avg in 8 ball league and ended up 5th out of 24 in 9-ball last year(heres to improving that this year!). Being honest with myself and watching my games quite a bit lately I would say I run one in 7 games 9 ball from break, but on a good day I'll be running one in 4-5 and I've strung together 4 racks a couple times. In 8 ball I break and run about one in about 7-8 and I ended up with 13% ERO avg in my league last year. The Top player in the league had about 20% ERO avg. How does this add up with all you other members out there and how would I do in your town /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Thanks,
Godzilla

Leviathan
09-24-2005, 05:22 AM
I think you might be a B player here in a Southern city of about 200,000. In this area, weekly sports bar level tournaments usually draw about 24 to 32 entrants. A few--say three to five--of these entrants will be pretty good, players who regularly finish in the money in regional tour tournaments. Another three to five entrants will play more or less at your level. A majority of the entrants would play below your level. You might finish in the top eight in weekly sports bar level tournaments here with fair regularity. You probably wouldn't finish in the top three very often, but you'd be very respectable.

AS

c.holtz009
09-24-2005, 07:18 AM
As far as consecutive break-runouts:

8-ball - 5
9-ball - 7 (in a race to 7 tournament!!)

I don't consider myself to be a great player, but I can hold my own. I just like the game, and love the challenge.