PDA

View Full Version : any one every play with a dale perry cue?

darkmind
09-26-2005, 02:26 PM
i was wondering if any of you guys could give me any feed back on any of dale perrys cues? i don't know any one who has played with one?

cueball1950
09-26-2005, 02:29 PM
i have several times. as a mater of fact the 1 i played with is for sale...ooops can't say that on here. but anyway i liked the hit. my friend put a talisman domed medium tip on it and it hits pretty good. For the amount of 1/1 cues he is producing the price seems right...................mike

Cane
09-26-2005, 03:20 PM
I owned a Dale Perry Ebony and Malachite cue for awhile. Only sold it because I had a very expensive custom ordered and needed to raise the bucks for that one. I was very happy with the cue and wouldn't hesitate to own another.

Later,
Bob

Candyman
09-26-2005, 04:53 PM
http://www.dpcues.com/images/cues4_l.jpg

I own the third cue from the right. It is the cue I shoot with most of the time and it is my favorite. The hit is on the firm side. Dale is building me one now with a different joint and slimmer taper and it should be more of a medium hit. Dale is a man that you can talk to and he stands behind his work. Cues are a lot like beer. You may like one brand in particular, but your buddy might think it sucks.

darkmind
09-26-2005, 05:59 PM
very cool guys thanks a lot i was all set on getting myself a high end joss cue but i got to thinking about it and for a little more money why not get a custom made. and a friend told me he hear good things about dale and i found the site and fell in love with his work very much my style.

one more thing tho..i do like a harder hitting cue what kinda joints do you think i should go with i have never had a cue made for me before. i will be calling dale up in a few days after i sell off a few paintball markers i have.

thanks again
Mike

Candyman
09-26-2005, 06:46 PM
If you will talk to Dale he will be able to build you a cue with the hit you are looking for. The joint makes a difference in the hit, but there are other elements in the cue that affect the hit just as much. jmho.

Brian in VA
09-27-2005, 04:47 AM
I bought one of Dale's 1/1 back in July and it is a sweet hitting cue. I like a firm hit and the 12.5 mm shafts I got really feel right for me. Purpleheart with curly maple points outlined in ebony. Dale is great to work with.

Brian in VA

hondo
09-27-2005, 06:28 AM
I own 3. The 1/1's hit great. The Speedster is very good.

zeeder
09-28-2005, 10:32 PM
My first "higher-end" cue was a DP. I liked the way it hit but my tastes in cues changed and DP devalued his cues by flooding eBay. That being said I think if you're getting into his cues now it's definitely a good buy and a good entry into custom cues. I've heard about some quality issues here as of late, but if he stands behind his work that shouldn't be that huge of an issue. Good luck with your purchase!

pooldaddy9
10-01-2005, 07:34 AM
A friend of mine has one. I used it one weekend and loved the hit. Soon as I can save the bucks, I'm thinking about getting one. So many good sticks out there. Just looking for the best price now. I would say go for it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif