PDA

View Full Version : Illegal aliens in nuclear power plant.

Chopstick
09-27-2005, 09:22 AM
<font color="blue">I don't know about you guys but this really bothers me. I can get two morons ranting on the radio for an hour about global warming(whose credentials in climatology were zero), but this wasn't worthy to make the news. This is an official press release from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. </font color>

BLAIR, Neb. &amp;#8212; In the latest in a series of arrests involving illegal aliens at nuclear facilities, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) special agents arrested three illegal aliens here Tuesday when they attempted to enter the outer secure area of the Omaha Public Power District&amp;#8217;s Fort Calhoun Nuclear Station to perform contract work at the plant for the first time.

The three men, all citizens of Mexico, had been hired by an independent contractor to perform maintenance work at the nuclear facility. As they attempted to enter a secure area of the plant, the men presented identification documents that raised the suspicions of Omaha Public Power District employees. They contacted ICE special agents for assistance, who responded and arrested the men after determining that they were illegally present in the United States.

Full story (http://www.ice.gov/graphics/news/newsreleases/articles/050915blair_2.htm)

Cueless Joey
09-27-2005, 02:53 PM
They're from Mexico.
Honestly, I trust them more than citizens here with last names that are hard to pronounce because they have too many K's, Z's and H's.

ras314
09-27-2005, 05:33 PM
A friend was working as a welder on one of the nuclear plants in the 80's. Being a gun nut he snuck out a piece of the "bullet proof" plate they put on the bottom of the watchtowers. Turned out not to be very bullet proof and he took it back to the plant to show it off. Spent the day with investigators of several sorts before they believed his story.

Moral of that episode is it ain't nice to prove how little some experts know about guns. And all people with guns arn't terrorists.

BTW, the terrorists they were worried about back then were the so called enviormentalists.

eg8r
09-28-2005, 05:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about you guys but this really bothers me. I can get two morons ranting on the radio for an hour about global warming(whose credentials in climatology were zero), but this wasn't worthy to make the news. This is an official press release from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. <hr /></blockquote> Why are you listening to Air America? I know, I know, some people thought Al Franken was funny at one time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

wolfdancer
09-28-2005, 10:26 AM
eg8r, yer sarcastic replies are alienating the board

eg8r
09-28-2005, 01:04 PM
LOL, why do you feel obligated to speak for the board?

eg8r

Big_Jon
09-28-2005, 05:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> LOL, why do you feel obligated to speak for the board?

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>
Liberals seem to always think that they speak for everybody. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Qtec
09-28-2005, 07:24 PM
So Mexicans are linked to Al Q? I never heard this. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GW has said he will protect you from terrorists but 1000,s of 'unknowns'cross over the US/Mexico border every year/month!

Why do think everyone complains about illegals but nothing ever gets done?
Why is it that the US can pay for Israel to put fence around its border but wont do the same at home.

Q

Chopstick
09-29-2005, 09:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Why are you listening to Air America? I know, I know, some people thought Al Franken was funny at one time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

This was on National Public Radio while I was out fishing. We were waiting for Praire Home Companion to come on. It's a great show if you can ever catch it. I never did like Franken. I saw a guy hawking a book he wrote on TV. The Top One Hundred People that are Hurting America or something like that. Franken was like number 37.

I know the mexicans were basically harmless and just looking for work. The point that bugs me is these guys were able to get fake documents that got them in there. The documents just weren't good enough to get past security. If there were terrorists they probably would have had better documents.

eg8r
09-29-2005, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This was on National Public Radio <hr /></blockquote> Not a whole lot different. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I know the mexicans were basically harmless and just looking for work. The point that bugs me is these guys were able to get fake documents that got them in there. The documents just weren't good enough to get past security. If there were terrorists they probably would have had better documents. <hr /></blockquote> You are probably right. The terrorists will probably have better documentation. Scary.

eg8r

wolfdancer
09-29-2005, 11:41 AM
eg8r, I was just kidding with you....you're one of my heros....living under the rule of the despotic Jeb Clampett, I mean Jeb Bush...and still a true believer. But now
Big Bad Jon, decided, since I "slandered" a fellow follower, of the new Hegelian doctrinism, I must be a liberal,and thereby possess all the supposed sociopathic (read) anti-Republican tendencies, attributed to that label...
Unfortunately, the more the word is employed to disqualify the opinions of free thinking Americans, the weaker the impact it has. It seems to be the entire argument of the radical right.

Sen. Joe would have been proud of these Bush muezzins.
If being liberal means I'm for a balanced gov't, and honest politics( an oxymoron? )....that the right is necessary to rein in the left, and vice versa (however not enough, it seems, to offset the present oligarchy)...if I'd rather see our own aging, crumbling, infrastructure rebuilt, rather then Irag's, and more money given back to the needy, instead of the greedy, Halburton e.g. .....and re: the War ...morally, I'm against it, but we had no choice after Saddam bombed the World Trade Center(sic), and God told Mr. Bush to smite him.Then
Mark me down then as a liberalhttp://powerlineblog.com/graphics/flag.gif

wolfdancer
09-29-2005, 11:48 AM
eg8r, no need to worry...security has been beefed up since 9/11.
I used to be able to cross the Canadian Border, just by answering "Where were you born?"...and then they added
"do you have any weapons"
And now, it's "show me your papers!"

SnakebyteXX
09-29-2005, 01:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> eg8r, I was just kidding with you....you're one of my heros....living under the rule of the despotic Jeb Clampett, I mean Jeb Bush...and still a true believer. But now
Big Bad Jon, decided, since I "slandered" a fellow follower, of the new Hegelian doctrinism, I must be a liberal,and thereby possess all the supposed sociopathic (read) anti-Republican tendencies, attributed to that label...
Unfortunately, the more the word is employed to disqualify the opinions of free thinking Americans, the weaker the impact it has. It seems to be the entire argument of the radical right.

If being liberal means I'm for a balanced gov't, and honest politics( an oxymoron? )....that the right is necessary to rein in the left, and vice versa (however not enough, it seems, to offset the present oligarchy)...if I'd rather see our own aging, crumbling, infrastructure rebuilt, rather then Irag's, and more money given back to the needy, instead of the greedy, Halburton e.g. .....and re: the War ...morally, I'm against it, but we had no choice after Saddam bombed the World Trade Center(sic), and God told Mr. Bush to smite him.Then
<hr /></blockquote>

Well said.

http://tinypic.com/e5nxpj.gif

Chopstick
09-30-2005, 05:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SnakebyteXX:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> eg8r, I was just kidding with you....you're one of my heros....living under the rule of the despotic Jeb Clampett, I mean Jeb Bush...and still a true believer. But now

<hr /></blockquote>

Well said.

http://tinypic.com/e5nxpj.gif <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue"> Well said??? I can't even tell what he said. I don't know what half of them big ole words mean. And don't go talkin' bout uncle Jed or I'll sick Elly Mae on ya. </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SnakebyteXX
09-30-2005, 05:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> <font color="blue"> Well said??? I can't even tell what he said. I don't know what half of them big ole words mean. And don't go talkin' bout uncle Jed or I'll sick Elly Mae on ya. </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

http://tinypic.com/e65avk.jpg

wolfdancer
09-30-2005, 05:42 AM
Snake, lol, that pix ......priceless!!!!

Chopstick
09-30-2005, 10:15 AM
I love it. Thanx man. I'm gonna frame it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif