PDA

View Full Version : Cuetec cue

bbuss
09-27-2005, 07:31 PM
I'm thinking about buying a new cue stick.
I'm not a top player, I only play for fun.
I am thinking about a cuetec mahogany.
Looking for feedback.

bbuss

hondo
09-28-2005, 10:18 AM
I recently got a Deangelo on ebay for $37.50 +
$16 s & h. Plays like a $500 cue & is nice looking.

PHJ314
09-30-2005, 06:54 AM
CueTech is brutal....I use it to berak and can't wait to get rid of it for a New Predator BK.

It will become very sticky over time, I'd highly advise you to go with a wood cue...Not the Tru Glide that Cue Tech promotes!

tjlmbklr
09-30-2005, 08:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
CueTech is brutal....I use it to berak and can't wait to get rid of it for a New Predator BK.
<hr /></blockquote>

I could not agree more, other then my first stick which I paid $75 for about 15 years ago(Cobra) The cuetec was my first big cue purchase. Now i have demoted this cue to a break cue, and i don't like the way it feels.

Of course if any of you read my recent post you will be pleased to know that my cue purchasing in put on hold until I am confident in my game. Right now my Predator Sneaky Pete is just fine.

In other words I recomend staying clear of the cuetec, unless you are truly just beginning the sport of billiards, advice though, make sure you buy the conditioner for it you WILL need it they get sticky

sack316
09-30-2005, 09:49 AM
I actually won a cuetec that I never even played with (I have my predator and don't like switching from it). So I sold it to a buddy that wanted a new stick. He's your classic APA 4, pretty well only plays league nights and plays for fun, not a big time serious shooter but loves the game. He had been on a horrible losing streak, but since he bought my cue about a month and a half ago he's undefeated. For him personally he loves that cue. But at the same time other friends of mine that hit with it that are more serious and have invested money into good cues just didn't like the feel of it. So guess it's a toss up IMO. I'd find someone who has one and hit a few balls with it and see how you like it, after all it's how it feels to you that matters more than anything.

SnakebyteXX
10-01-2005, 07:09 AM
I bought an old Brunswick table for my home over a year ago. I decided to add a small selection of jointed cues to use as 'house cues' for my guests. Currently there's a Meucci Gambler - red dot, a Lucasi, a Joss and a couple of Cuetecs.

Many of my pool playing guests aren't terribly sophisticated when it comes to which house stick they prefer - but almost unanimously they tend to choose one of the three wooden cues over the fiberglass clad Cuetecs. This seems to be a choice made more on the basis of 'feel' than anything else. They like the feel of the wood over the feel of fiberglass.

Prior to a recent addition of a Jerico Thumper (Sneaky Pete) to the house cue selection the two Cuetecs were used primarily as break sticks. They served that function very well. As one might expect Cuetecs seem to be able to take a licking and keep on ticking.

Now that they're not needed as break sticks? They mostly just sit there gathering dust.

As time and finances allow I expect that I'll be replacing both the now basically useless plastic fantastic Cuetecs with decent quality jointed wooden cues.

Personal choice? Wood over fiberglass every time.

Snake

bbuss
10-02-2005, 06:37 PM
Thank you all for your input.
I think I will take your advice and find a wooden stick.

SnakebyteXX what kind of Brunswick did you get and how old is it. I love old tables. Mine is a 9' Rosatto Barry
made somewhere around 1900.

bbuss
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif