PDA

View Full Version : Help finding BD magazine

SPetty
09-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Howdy,

As you may have heard, PettyPoint Pool Hall is featured in this month's October issue of Billiards Digest magazine. (It even shows up on the cover as: "CASE STUDY: Build a Great Game Room for Less")!

Billiards Digest magazine had some type of abnormal printing snafu this month, and as a consequence, has NO extra copies of the magazine to sell to me. They did send me a few comp copies, but we can't even get enough to give copies to our families. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Although they did give me permission to copy and distribute the article itself, it isn't nearly as impressive I think, as seeing it in the context of the entire magazine.

So I'm asking for your help. If you know of a place that sells Billiards Digest magazine and you can buy one or more copies to send to me, please help me. I will gladly pay for the magazines and postage and even for your time if you want. I can pay via PayPal or send you a check.

Billiards Digest's web site shows that CJ's is the only place in Dallas that sells the magazine, but when I called CJ's yesterday, they sounded awfully confused and told me that they don't sell it there.

If anyone can help me, please send me a PM or email.

Thanks!

wolfdancer
09-28-2005, 10:39 AM
The issue was an advance sellout, I believe, after news of the featured article about your room leaked out.
Copies can now only be obtained at a premium, from unauthorized dealers. At the next sporting event, baseball, football,nude mud wrestling, etc....find the nearest scalper...he may have copies hidden inside his coat.

9 Ball Girl
09-28-2005, 10:47 AM
SPetty, I'm going to meet up with nAzee on Thursday at Hall of Fame Billiards (Jean Balukas' place). They usually have the mag there and if they have the latest issue, I will buy all of them for you--at least 10 copies right? They sell them there for $4 each. I'll call you when I get there and you can let me know what you need should they have them.

Deeman3
09-28-2005, 10:50 AM
Spetty,

I'll check with the Montgomery place I'm told usually has them each month. I'll scarf up anything they have within reason. I just have to keep one for myself.

Deeman

Scott Lee
09-28-2005, 12:12 PM
SPetty...As promised, I am also "on the hunt" for extra copies to send you. I believe you said you wanted 25 copies, if you could get them! Workin' on it, as we speak!

Scott

SPetty
09-28-2005, 12:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Workin' on it, as we speak!<hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm looking forward to collecting on our little wager! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

But I'm looking forward to it even more if I have to pay up! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Scott Lee
09-28-2005, 12:25 PM
SPetty...Be frightened, be VERY frightend...I already have 10! LOL