PDA

View Full Version : 'Oy Vey' Traffic Sign Goes Up In Brooklyn

Barbara
09-29-2005, 09:14 AM
Leaving Brooklyn? (http://www.comcast.net/news/strange/index.jsp?cat=STRANGE&fn=/2005/09/28/230941.html)

I still have to get a picture of the "Fuggedaboudit" signs on the Belt Parkway to the Veranzano bridge.

Barbara

wolfdancer
09-29-2005, 12:03 PM
Neat sign, and your idea has merit..Fuggedaboudit...definately, big part of the local dialect...
And, on the same page...Joan Baez, still looking good at 64...hope to catch that concert on PBS.
And....deer hunters...I always thought they were crazy, at least the ones in NY state...that article proves it.
And....reindeers valued at $5,000 each???
It could cost $40,000 to put a Santa sled together....

dg-in-centralpa
09-30-2005, 05:09 AM
Joan is playing a concert here in Harrisburg, Pa within the next month. Unfortunately it's on a league night.

DG

Fran Crimi
09-30-2005, 10:24 AM
I love the New York sense of humor. I think that's great.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran

9 Ball Girl
09-30-2005, 10:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> I love the New York sense of humor. I think that's great.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran <hr /></blockquote>I wonder what will be next. Maybe after crossing the Brooklyn Bridge there should be a sign that reads, "Welcome To New York! How you doin'?" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fran Crimi
09-30-2005, 10:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>
I wonder what will be next. Maybe after crossing the Brooklyn Bridge there should be a sign that reads, "Welcome To New York! How you doin'?" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Good one. Send it to the Mayor's office.

How about a sign at the airports:

"Welcome to New York!
Regular coffee = coffee + cream + sugar "

DickLeonard
09-30-2005, 11:15 AM
Wolfdancer,I watched it on PBS Monday and Tuesday it was a Great Show. I delivered liquor to Woodstock for 17 years. I would deliver to Albert Grossman "the Baron of Bearsville". I was there early in the morning before his bars opened so he would let me in. He always said he made no money on the liquor, the musicians need it to perform.

In his office he had a Brunswick Conquistador Billiard table. At the hallway leading in was a Cutout of Janis Joplin, she had an album go Platnium even tho she was dead for years.

It brought back memories of Woodstock so I googled Albert Grossman, he had 79,000 hits. He had over 100 artists under contract,Bobby Dylan,Peter,Paul and Mary,Janis Joplin,Ritchie Havens. I know Jimmy Hendriks lived in Woodstock but I never heard of him being a client.

I delivered Joyous Lake Bar at 9 am and there was 20 people sleeping all over the place. Only in Woodstock.####

Fran Crimi
09-30-2005, 12:32 PM
Dick,

I have one vivid memory of Woodstock. I was a kid back then and we were driving home from a family vacation in the Catskills. My father was notorious for looking for back roads to beat the traffic and we wound up right where Woodstock was letting out. We came to a dead halt. It was surreal. People were running between cars, stark naked, laying on tops of cars, smoking joints. Loud music was coming out of every car. The guy next to us got out of his car and was painting a peace sign on his door. Another guy jumped on top of our hood to get across. LOL My mother went into a total panic.

"LOCK THE DOORS! SHUT THE WINDOWS! HURRY!"

We didn't know what the heck was going on. We traveled about a block an hour. I was fascinated by it all. My father just sat there in shock. My mother had to take a tranquilizer when we got home.

Fran

wolfdancer
09-30-2005, 01:24 PM
Dick, great story...hope to catch a rerun of JB

DickLeonard
10-03-2005, 06:49 AM
Fran I didn't have time to post earlier as you know Woodstock was changed to a farm area in Sullivan Co. because there wasn't enough room in Woodstock but they Kept the name Woodstock. I had customers from my poolroom go and it took them maybe a day and a half to get there. Traffic was backed up 126 miles.

One customer went straight from Woodstock to Haight-Ashbury in California. He made it back home 6 months later.

He was watching me play pool for an hour or so and finally he said to me Butch you don't need drugs your High On Pool. That is a thought that stayed with me for 50 years.####

Voodoo Daddy
10-03-2005, 09:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Leaving Brooklyn? (http://www.comcast.net/news/strange/index.jsp?cat=STRANGE&amp;fn=/2005/09/28/230941.html)
I still have to get a picture of the "Fuggedaboudit" signs on the Belt Parkway to the Veranzano bridge.

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

Today is a Jewish holiday &lt;Rosh Hashanah&gt;...which always reminds me of this joke {Geez, I hope no one takes offense to this but her it goes, told to me by a Jewish lady many years ago&gt;

What do ya call traffic going to Miami Beach on Rosh Hashanah?

Yid-lock!!!