PDA

View Full Version : Ready to hang up my hat....! OK I, lied

tjlmbklr
09-29-2005, 12:53 PM
I am not getting anywhere on my own. I have desided that I lack disapline to work on my weak areas(these days it is all of my game) So I am going to take the plung and go with an instructor. What I need from you guys(gals) is the best route. I am a pro player in my head, can run every rack from the chair watching. Seriously I can turn the volume down and watch a match on TV an give 95% of what he/she will do.

I realized I play with instinc and am very inconsistant. I have no system and have many problem areas. I have dabbled with the idea of going for a weekend get away at one of the many "pool schools" I have researched. But I am in a financial bind , most of my money was spent finishing my rec. room(still not done). So the question is, where in Wisconsin can I find a good instructor that will start me at the root and help fix my problems, mainly my stroke. Are their any available that will make house calls. I am by know means a beginner, but want to almost start fresh, and need someone that respects that and won't treat me like I am just starting to play.

Help, please. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

SPetty
09-29-2005, 12:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tjlmbklr:</font><hr>So the question is, where in Wisconsin can I find a good instructor that will start me at the root and help fix my problems, mainly my stroke? Are their any available that will make house calls?<hr /></blockquote>Sounds like you're looking for Scott Lee. poolology@aol.com

randyg
09-29-2005, 04:38 PM
Sounds like you need Scott Lee.....SPF-randyg

pooltchr
09-29-2005, 04:44 PM
Scott!!!! Clean up needed on aisle 6!

Yeah, I agree, Scott would be a great choice!
Steve

MikeM
09-29-2005, 05:17 PM
I will fourth the Scott Lee nomination!!! You won't find a better value in pool instruction. (I haven't anyway).

MM

SPetty
09-29-2005, 06:16 PM
hello? hello? Is this thing on? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Bob_Jewett
09-29-2005, 06:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tjlmbklr:</font><hr> ... I have dabbled with the idea of going for a weekend get away at one of the many "pool schools" I have researched. But I am in a financial bind , most of my money was spent finishing my rec. room(still not done). So the question is, where in Wisconsin can I find a good instructor that will start me at the root and help fix my problems, mainly my stroke. ... <hr /></blockquote>
Madison? Jerry Briesath? He is known for his emphasis on fundamentals.

randyg
09-30-2005, 04:22 AM
Another great choice. Jerry spends quite a bit of time in AZ. If the timing is right, another option.....SPF-randyg