PDA

View Full Version : VIRUS ALERT

06-20-2002, 11:09 AM
got a note this morning from someone whom i do not know with the e-mail ad: "agentcue" indicating i had sent him a note with an attachment. he wisely did not open it and e-mailed me back asking about it.

if you have both me and him in your address book you may be infected.

or am i? i'm running the latest and greatest norton suite which does an auto update every night.

dan

06-20-2002, 03:32 PM
A hem, becaause this is reality based.

Jude!

06-20-2002, 03:34 PM
Okay, I dunno why my message was posted to this thread. Sorry!

Jude!

Rod
06-20-2002, 06:03 PM
Dan, I got an email from Ron, or uncle Ron Chapskey? sp I forgot to tell him. Anyway I just deleted it. It may be you that is infected. It has been mentioned, on a security board, that norton may not update every night. From ZDnet, read these replys.

http://forums.zdnet.com/group/zd.Security.Virus.Alerts/community/community.tpt/@thread@27469@F@1@D-,D@ALL/@article@mark@27469?EXP=ALL&VWM=&ROS=1&OC=75

Troy
06-20-2002, 08:41 PM
Sounds similar to the ALERT that I posted about a few days ago. I have been receiving e-mail with various ads some pool related and most had familiar addresses as the "Return Path", but NOT the sender. I just delete them.

Troy

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: houstondan:</font><hr> got a note this morning from someone whom i do not know with the e-mail ad: "agentcue" indicating i had sent him a note with an attachment. he wisely did not open it and e-mailed me back asking about it.

if you have both me and him in your address book you may be infected.

or am i? i'm running the latest and greatest norton suite which does an auto update every night.

dan <hr></blockquote>