PDA

View Full Version : News we have not heard about from Gayle

eg8r
09-30-2005, 10:33 AM
LOL, C'mon Gayle you dropped the ball. Judith Miller is out of jail, she gave up her source, in the fake Plame case. If I remember correctly one of your vehement posts in the past indicted Cheney. So, now that Judith has been given the authority to spill her beans, who was it.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

eg8r

DickLeonard
09-30-2005, 11:17 AM
Eg8r, Who cares about Judith Miller I want Robert Novacks source he is the one that was guilty of outing a CIA operative.####

Chopstick
09-30-2005, 02:55 PM
Don't forget Q. He's been awfully quiet also.

Qtec
09-30-2005, 07:45 PM
Chronology: Judith Miller and the C.I.A. Leak Inquiry
By THE NEW YORK TIMES
Judith Miller, the reporter for The New York Times who was released from jail on Thursday, testified today before a grand jury investigating whether or not the identity of a Central Intelligence Agency operative, Valerie Wilson, was illegally disclosed.

SIGNIFICANT DATES:

FEBRUARY 2002

Having read a Defense Intelligence Agency report suggesting that Niger had agreed to sell yellowcake uranium to Iraq, Vice President Dick Cheney asks for the C.I.A.'s analysis. In response to Mr. Cheney's query - and to questions from State and Defense Departments - the C.I.A. convenes a meeting of experts, including Joseph C. Wilson IV, a former ambassador to Gabon. Mr. Wilson's wife, a C.I.A. operative, introduces him at the meeting before stepping out.

FEBRUARY 2002

Mr. Wilson travels to Niger.

MARCH 5, 2002

Mr. Wilson is interviewed about his trip. He later tells Senate Intelligence Committee investigators that there is nothing to the story of the uranium sales.

JANUARY 28, 2003

President Bush, in the State of the Union speech, declares: "The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa."

JUNE 10, 2003

A State Department memorandum, dated June 10, refers to Valerie Wilson as Mr. Wilson's wife. The memorandum explains how Mr. Wilson came to be dispatched on the mission to Niger and his wife's role.

JULY 6, 2003

An Op-Ed article by Mr. Wilson in The New York Times, "What I Didn't Find in Africa," casts doubt on the uranium reference and claims that the administration "twisted" the intelligence on Iraq.

WEEK OF JULY 6, 2003

Stephen J. Hadley, deputy national security adviser, communicates with George J. Tenet, director of central intelligence, discussing how to handle questions about the State of the Union uranium claim. The same week, Karl Rove, Mr. Bush's chief political adviser, and I. Lewis Libby, Mr. Cheney's chief of staff, discuss what Mr. Tenet should say about the uranium claim.

JULY 6, 2003

State Department officials send a copy of the State Department memorandum to the White House for transmission to Colin L. Powell, secretary of state, who is preparing to leave for Africa with Mr. Bush.

JULY 7, 2003

Ari Fleischer, White House spokesman, addresses the Op-Ed article, saying, "there is zero, nada, nothing new here." He goes on to say that Mr. Cheney's office didn't request the mission to Niger, nor had they been informed of it. Mr. Fleischer also acknowledges that the uranium reference was incorrect.

JULY 7, 2003

The president, Mr. Powell and Mr. Fleischer depart for Africa. The State Department memorandum on the Wilson matter is faxed in-flight to Mr. Powell.

JULY 7, 2003

Phone logs belonging to Mr. Fleischer indicate that he received a call from Robert D. Novak, the syndicated columnist.

JULY 8, 2003

Ms. Miller, meets with Mr. Libby, and she speaks with him on the telephone later in the week. According to someone who has been briefed on the matter, Ms. Miller asks Mr. Libby whether he knows Mr. Wilson. Mr. Libby says that he does not but that he has heard from the C.I.A. that the former ambassador's wife might have had a role in arranging his trip to Africa.

JULY 9, 2003

Mr. Rove talks with Mr. Novak. According to a person briefed on the case, Mr. Rove said the columnist informed him that Mr. Wilson's wife worked for the C.I.A. and had a role in arranging the trip to Niger.

JULY 11, 2003

Mr. Tenet accepts responsibility for letting the president make the uranium reference, which turned out to be unsubstantiated.

JULY 11, 2003

Mr. Rove discusses the Wilsons with Matthew Cooper, a journalist for Time magazine. Mr. Cooper would later say that Mr. Rove alluded to Mr. Wilson's wife as a C.I.A. employee, though, in Mr. Cooper's account, Mr. Rove did not use her name or mention her status as a covert agent.

JULY 12, 2003

Mr. Cooper speaks with Mr. Libby, who confirms Ms. Wilson's involvement in her husband's mission to Niger, but Mr. Libby does not refer to her name or her covert status.

JULY 14, 2003

A column by Mr. Novak reveals that Mr. Wilson's wife, referred to as Valerie Plame, works for the C.I.A. as "an agency operative on weapons of mass destruction," citing "two senior administration officials."

JULY 15, 2003

Scott McClellan replaces Mr. Fleischer as White House press secretary.

JULY 17, 2003

Mr. Cooper and other Time reporters publish an article, questioning the administration's motives for disclosing Ms. Wilson's (Ms. Plame's) identity and saying that the magazine had received similar information.

SEPTEMBER 29, 2003

Mr. McClellan says it is "simply not true" that Mr. Rove is involved in the leak and that any official who leaked classified information "would no longer be in this administration."

SEPTEMBER 30, 2003

Mr. Bush says: "And if there is a leak out of my administration, I want to know who it is. And if the person has violated the law, the person will be taken care of."

DECEMBER 2003

The Justice Department brings in special counsel, Patrick J. Fitzgerald, to investigate whether officials illegally leaked the identity of a C.I.A. officer.

MAY 21, 2004

Mr. Cooper of Time magazine is subpoenaed by a federal grand jury to testify about his sources in the matter.

AUGUST 9, 2004

Judge Thomas F. Hogan, of United States District Court in Washington holds Mr. Cooper in contempt of court and orders him jailed for refusing to name his sources.

AUGUST 12, 2004

Ms. Miller is subpoenaed by the grand jury.

AUG. 23, 2004

After negotiating an agreement with the special counsel, Mr. Cooper testifies about his conversations with Mr. Libby. He says that Mr. Libby had authorized him to testify.

SEPTEMBER 9, 2004

Judge Hogan orders Ms. Miller to testify about her sources before the grand jury.

SEPTEMBER 14, 2004

Mr. Cooper receives a second subpoena for information about other White House officials.

OCTOBER 7, 2004

Judge Hogan holds Ms. Miller in contempt of court for refusing to name her sources. He orders her jailed, though the sanction is suspended until an appeal concludes.

OCTOBER 15, 2004

Mr. Rove testifies before the grand jury.

FEBRUARY 15, 2005

A federal appeals court rules that Mr. Cooper and Ms. Miller should be jailed for contempt after refusing to disclose their sources. The case is appealed.

JUNE 27, 2005

The United States Supreme Court declines to hear the cases of two reporters. The case returns to Federal District Court where Judge Hogan hears arguments about jail time.

JUNE 30, 2005

Time magazine says it will provide documents concerning Matthew Cooper's confidential sources.

JULY 5, 2005

The special counsel, Mr. Fitzgerald, files papers calling for Ms. Miller and Mr. Cooper to be jailed. Even though Time magazine provided Mr. Cooper's notes, Mr. Fitzgerald says Mr. Cooper's testimony remains necessary.

JULY 6, 2005

Ms. Miller is sent to jail. Mr. Cooper announces a last-minute deal with a confidential source that allows him to testify.

JULY 13, 2005

Mr. Bush says he has instructed his staff to fully cooperate in the investigation. He also says he "will not prejudge the investigation based on media reports."

JULY 18, 2005

Mr. Bush says, "If someone committed a crime, they will no longer work in my administration."

SEPT. 29, 2005

Ms. Miller is released from jail after she agrees to testify before the grand jury. She makes her decision after obtaining a waiver from her source.

TODAY

Ms. Miller testifies.

<font color="blue"> Palme was outed by Rove and Libby in order to deflect attention from the false claims being made by the Govt. A rumour, a disproven rumour, was presented as fact in order to bolster the Govt,s case for invading Iraq. Thats the real scandal.
If Wilson hadnt spoken out, you would today be saying,"if Saddam didnt have WMD,s ,why would he be trying to obtain uranium from Niger?". </font color>

Q

eg8r
10-01-2005, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't forget Q. He's been awfully quiet also. <hr /></blockquote> LOL, yeah he chimed in with the "real" scandal. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r