PDA

View Full Version : NJ 14.1 state tournament update ...

Snyder1
09-30-2005, 07:52 PM
Barouty was on fire - I can't see anybody beating him (although Manilo (sp ?) put on a position display that was incredible in his stomping of Hopkins). I watched two of Barouty's matches ... he basically plays 4 pocket straight pool (out of a given rack, he rarely uses the two pockets opposite the rack - such position play is astounding to see). Out of two matches to 150 each, I didn't see him play a single safety or bank a ball. The guy was beyond impressive ... I hope he does it again.

High run today was 102 by Ginky Sansouci ... great stuff. Bill Haley gave a touching testament to Jack Colavita, after whom the tournament is and will henceforth be named after in memorial.

JS

dmgwalsh
10-01-2005, 03:44 AM
Found these Friday results on another site:

(2:00PM Matches)
Bill Horne def. Ryan McCreesh 150-87
Jose Parica def. Earl Herring 150-82
Dan Barouty def. Holden Chin 150-43
George "Ginky" SanSouci def. Joe Baggio 150-13 (Opening with 102 ball run)
Young Hwa Jeong def. Carmen Lombardo 150-129
(Byes)
Tom Walter
Steve Lipsky
Steve Lillis
Don Polo
Rolf Ryden
Santos Sambajon
Bill Dunsmore
Bob Maidhoff
Ed Deska
Marlon Manalo
Allen Hopkins

(4:30PM Matches)
Steve Lipsky def. Tom Walter 150-96
Bob Maidhoff def. Bill Dunsmore 150-84
Marlon Manalo def. Allen Hopkins 150-96
(Byes)
Ryan McCreesh
Earl Herring
Holden Chin
Joe Baggio
Carmen Lombardo

(7:00PM Matches)
Steve Lillis def. Bill Horne 150-40
Jose Parica def. Don Polo 150-69
Dan Barouty def. Rolf Ryden 150-22
Santos Sambajon def. George "Ginky" SanSouci 150-141
Ed Deska def. Young Hwa Jeong 150-109

(9:30PM Matches)
Ryan McCreesh vs. Ed Deska (Still in progress when I left)
Earl Herring def. Bill Dunsmore 150-??
George "Ginky" SanSouci def. Holden Chin 150-51
Joe Baggio def. Rolf Ryden 150-??
Carmen Lombardo vs. Bill Horne (Still in progress when I left, Carmen ahead)
(Byes)
Allen Hopkins
Don Polo
Tom Walter

Play resumes Saturday at 11:30AM and continues at 2:00PM, 4:30PM, 7:00PM & 9:30PM.
Sunday match times 12:00 Noon, 3:00PM (Semi-Finals), 6:00PM (Finals).

houseman
10-01-2005, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the update, keep them coming. I wanted to go watch this tournament so bad.
With the passing of my friend Jack it would have been a special time to me, but I couldn`t get away from the business.

dmgwalsh
10-02-2005, 04:15 AM
Here's a little more someone posted on another forum:

vCash: 500

You missed a great match between Barouty and Lipsky. Looked like Lipsky might take the victory early on but he missed a couple opportunuties and Barouty kicked him to the one loss side. He had to play the gentleman from Korea (don't remember his name) but it was too late to stick around for that match.

Anyway, a couple other updates

Hopkins lost to Parica although in the end it was a close match.

Ginky won against Parica knocking him out and also scoring the high run of the tournament so far at 130 something.

Santos is out after a hard fought match against Tom Walter. Tom dominated the match early on but missed a ball and failed to runout with 136. Santos stepped up and ran about 70 balls to even out the score with both of them in the 130's but got himself into trouble and Tom finally finished him off.

Young Hwa Jeong won over Tom Walter in a mail biter. Tom ground his way back to make the score 141 to 143 but got stuck to the rack on his break shot. Tom fought to the end but came up just a little short so he is out.

Young Hwa Jeong was playing Lipsky when I left so I don't know who won that match but I would have to bet on Lipsky to take that match.

That all I can remember for now. Saw some great matches and looking forward to the final day tomorrow.