PDA

View Full Version : My Murray Tucker Cue

Rich R.
10-01-2005, 08:01 AM
At the recent CCB Tournament, during the U.S. Open, I was fortunate enough to win the cue donated by Murray Tucker.
Yesterday, that cue was delivered to me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

For those that missed it, Murray recently posted a link to a picture of the cue.
http://www.murraytucker.com/chrisc.htm

As Murray stated, the picture doesn't do this cue justice.
The butt of this cue is a beautiful piece of cocobolo, my favorite wood. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
The four razor sharp points go into a very pretty piece of birds eye maple.
In the picture, you can not see the beautiful grain in the cocobolo. In fact, in low light, you will not see it either, but once some light hits the butt, the beauty of the grain just pops.
This is a very pretty cue.

After playing with it for about an hour, last night, I can see why Murray has such a good reputation, as a cue maker. Some one said that he is so backed up, he has stopped taking orders. I can see why.
This cue has a very nice feel to it and it hits like a dream.

If Murray starts taking orders again, I would highly recommend that anyone give his cues serious consideration.

Thank you Murray Tucker. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Sid_Vicious
10-01-2005, 08:25 AM
I could own one of those. The butt lokks a lot like a Gilbert BJ cue I own now. That's a very appealing cue to my likes. What's a cue like that sell for ya reckon? Feel free to PM me to keep the "sales police dogs" from barking...sid

randyg
10-01-2005, 10:01 AM
RichR: WOW, new cue-new lessons. You must have been a good boy this year. I'm excited for you.....SPF-randyg

PS: You should be in stage two of "Perfect Practice Routines". Start focusing on your results.

Rich R.
10-01-2005, 01:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr>What's a cue like that sell for ya reckon? <hr /></blockquote>
Sid, you would have to ask Murray. I have no idea of the price of any of his cues. Thanks to Murray, I didn't find out, in the process of getting this cue. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Try sending a PM to Murray directly. I don't know how often he lurks, but I'm sure he would get back to you.

9 Ball Girl
10-01-2005, 01:21 PM
Congrats!

Rich R.
10-01-2005, 01:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote randyg:</font><hr> RichR: WOW, new cue-new lessons. You must have been a good boy this year. I'm excited for you.....SPF-randyg

PS: You should be in stage two of "Perfect Practice Routines". Start focusing on your results. <hr /></blockquote>
Randy, both last year, and again this year, I have been extremely lucky at the CCB Tournament, thanks to the generosity of both you and Murray Tucker. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
I am very thankful to you both.

You, Murray and many others have helped make the CCB Tournament a very special experience for everyone.

Concerning your "PS", sadly, I am very bad when it comes to doing drills of any kind. That is just not my way of learning. I do continue to practice the "SPF" methods, in my own way, and I do continue to improve. However, because I do not do the drills, my improvement comes at a much slower, but steady, pace.

rukiddingme
10-02-2005, 05:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> At the recent CCB Tournament, during the U.S. Open, I was fortunate enough to win the cue donated by Murray Tucker.

For those that missed it, Murray recently posted a link to a picture of the cue.

The butt of this cue is a beautiful piece of cocobolo, my favorite wood. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
In the picture, you can not see the beautiful grain in the cocobolo. In fact, in low light, you will not see it either, but once some light hits the butt, the beauty of the grain just pops.

After playing with it for about an hour, last night, I can see why Murray has such a good reputation, as a cue maker. Some one said that he is so backed up, he has stopped taking orders. I can see why.

If Murray starts taking orders again, I would highly recommend that anyone give his cues serious consideration.

Thank you Murray Tucker. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Out of curiosity was this cue raffled off?
ruk

Rich R.
10-02-2005, 05:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rukiddingme:</font><hr> Out of curiosity was this cue raffled off?<hr /></blockquote>
Please see my response to your question about this, in the other thread.

This cue was a prize in the free raffle for the CCB Members at the Annual CCB Tournament.

rukiddingme
10-02-2005, 08:50 AM
Enjoy your cue. Think of Chris when using it.
ruk

catscradle
10-03-2005, 06:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> At the recent CCB Tournament, during the U.S. Open, I was fortunate enough to win the cue donated by Murray Tucker.

Thank you Murray Tucker. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I also own a Tucker (had to pay for mine /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif). Murray makes cues as a sideline and as such it takes a while for him to get done, but once you get the cue it is worth any amount of waiting. I feel very fortunate to own one.

Jay
10-03-2005, 10:08 AM
His cues are really really top notch. Just my luck he stopped taking orders right when I contacted him. If it wasnt bad luck I wouldnt have any luck at all. Really nice cue though. If you ever decide to let it go let me know /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rich R.
10-03-2005, 10:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jay:</font><hr> If you ever decide to let it go let me know /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>Sorry, I have already had offers, but I don't plan on letting it go, in the near future. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rukiddingme
10-03-2005, 12:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jay:</font><hr> If you ever decide to let it go let me know /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>Sorry, I have already had offers, but I don't plan on letting it go, in the near future. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Boy...you sure are all heart! Of course you are not the only one. All the winners of the free raffle at the CCB Tournament are all heart as well.
ruk

Eric.
10-03-2005, 12:02 PM
Nice looking cue! Murray Tucker (the third) does have a great rep for making a great cue.

I'm glad you like it and also glad that you took the time to tell people about the cue. Even though Murray hasn't asked for anything in return, it doesn't hurt to return the generosity in some way.

Eric &gt;getting of my soapbox