PDA

View Full Version : need help

rcklessz
10-02-2005, 06:30 AM
so, here's the deal. working on a project for a business class. need input from pool players. thought this might be a good way. need to know average life span of basic house cues and premium belgian aramith pool balls? thanks for any help.

wolfdancer
10-02-2005, 02:25 PM
you gots to be kidding!!!!
With proper care...they should outlast the avg player, even a premier Belgian player

Bob_Jewett
10-02-2005, 06:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rcklessz:</font><hr> so, here's the deal. working on a project for a business class. need input from pool players. thought this might be a good way. need to know average life span of basic house cues and premium belgian aramith pool balls? thanks for any help. <hr /></blockquote>
Most of the house cues where I play are original from when the place opened 11 years ago. I'd say that on about 30 tables, they see maybe one broken stick per month out of maybe 200 cues.

As for the balls, it depends on how new you want to keep them. Balls wear down, and they can get significantly smaller than the minimum allowed by the rules in a year of play. I know some rooms that replace their carom balls every six months. On the other hand, there are halls that don't replace their balls until they disappear, which takes more than ten years if the desk man is careful.

Both of these answers depend on how carefully the room is managed. I've also seen a room where the desk man couldn't see any of the tables from the desk, and the equipment really suffered for it.