PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate secret of Golf.

Chopstick
10-03-2005, 06:48 AM
Last Thursday, during the company golf league something unusual happened. My opponent, who is a 30 handicap, tees off on the second hole. It was a terrible shot. He pulled it left badly right toward the trees. All of the sudden, it balloons up high and slices right back to the center of the fairway. OK, he's safe but he's 180 yards from the hole. He pulls out an iron and from 180 yards, knocks it in the hole. Eagle! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Golf is so weird.

It reminded me of something that happened to me years ago. I used to take lessons every week and part of the ritual was that I reported on how my game was going since last week. I was telling him about my round the previous Sunday.

On the 17th hole I knocked my tee shot into the water. I teed up again and birdied the second ball for a bogey. On the 18th hole I knocked my tee shot deep into the woods. I teed up again and eagled the second ball for a par. My instructor stepped forward, looked me straight in the eye, and said "I know exactly what you need." I was so excited. Finally after all these years of lessons and practice I was going to get the secret of golf.

He said "A mulligan!" /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif