PDA

View Full Version : IPT Player List

DialUp
10-03-2005, 01:04 PM
IPT Player List (http://internationalpooltour.com/ipt/player/default.asp)

Did not see this posted here, enjoy.

9 Ball Girl
10-03-2005, 01:27 PM
I can't wait! A lot of my buds are in this!

Harold Acosta
10-03-2005, 03:08 PM
Hmmmmm, lots of known players left out. I wonder what criteria the IPT used to select the players.

Brian in VA
10-04-2005, 05:27 AM
Agreed Harold. I noticed that the most recent winner of the US Open, Alex Pagulayan, isn't a member. Perhaps he didn't apply for membership preferring to play poker.

Brian in VA

Rich R.
10-04-2005, 06:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr> Perhaps he didn't apply for membership preferring to play poker.<hr /></blockquote>
IIRC, it was up to the players to join the IPT. I have to assume, if a player has not been included, the player chose not to join.

Harold Acosta
10-04-2005, 07:14 AM
I've been getting a couple of calls. Seems that most everyone not included is fuming over the selections. There were over 4,000 applications submitted. Some players are questioning what the heck was considered to be included. This is going to get a little nasty.

I just hate to say I knew something was wrong with the IPT from the beginning of all this.

Harold Acosta
10-04-2005, 07:21 AM
Rich, there were more than 4,000 applications. Lots of players from the east coast and everywhere are fuming over the selections.

Rich R.
10-04-2005, 07:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> Rich, there were more than 4,000 applications. Lots of players from the east coast and everywhere are fuming over the selections. <hr /></blockquote>
Harold, I can't really debate this issue, because I really haven't read everything concerning the IPT. However, from the little bit that I have read, if I have it right, the IPT was taking applications for membership, but not all members would be playing in every tournament.
This is the first tournament. If I may make an assumption, I have to believe a different list of players will be playing in the next tournament. It is obvious, with a membership of 4,000 players, that not all players will be playing in every tournament. Just because a player wasn't chosen for the first tournament, I see no reason for anyone to be "fuming".

I am sorry, if I am incorrect on this.

Rich R.
10-04-2005, 08:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> Rich, there were more than 4,000 applications. Lots of players from the east coast and everywhere are fuming over the selections. <hr /></blockquote>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> Harold, I can't really debate this issue, because I really haven't read everything concerning the IPT. However, from the little bit that I have read, if I have it right, the IPT was taking applications for membership, but not all members would be playing in every tournament.
This is the first tournament. If I may make an assumption, I have to believe a different list of players will be playing in the next tournament. It is obvious, with a membership of 4,000 players, that not all players will be playing in every tournament. Just because a player wasn't chosen for the first tournament, I see no reason for anyone to be "fuming".

I am sorry, if I am incorrect on this. <hr /></blockquote>

OK, I just checked the IPT web sit and, as usual, I had things a little bit wrong. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Out of all of the applications, only 150 players will be accepted as members for the first year. They do not explain how they determined which players would be accepted.

The following is from the Q &amp; A secontion of the IPT web site.

"The IPT is accepting applications for membership. Applying to be a member of the IPT is free. We are accepting applications ONLY UNTIL SEPTEMBER 30, 2005. Of all applications received, only 150 players will be accepted as members of the IPT. If accepted, the first year membership dues will be only $1! At the end of 2006, the bottom 50 money earners on the IPT will lose their tour card. The IPT will hold a qualifying tournament open to all men and women of any age who want to qualify as a member of the IPT in 2007. The tip 50 players in the qualifying tournament will be offered membership to the IPT in 2007. If you are interested in being a member fo the IPT in 2006, please submit your application today. No applications will be considered if received after September 30, 2005, NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE."

I did not find anything on the web site to explain how the 43 players for the Orlando tournament were selected from the 150 members.

9 Ball Girl
10-04-2005, 09:26 AM
Congratulations, Steve (Lipsky) on becoming a member! I'm excited for you! Good luck!

eg8r
10-04-2005, 09:33 AM
I am pretty excited myself. Since Allison Fisher is signed up, we will get a chance to see her play against a deeper field. I am excited and hope to get the chance to watch her play against the men.

eg8r

SteveFromNY
10-04-2005, 09:58 AM
I signed up! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif So basically, all they really have to choose from is my comments.

Steve Lipsky
10-04-2005, 11:36 AM
Thanks Wendy! I am really excited about this... I do feel kind of guilty about there being more deserving players left off the list, but I do not know the details of who actually applied. It is my guess that the number of applicants being bandied about (3,000-4,000) is a gross exaggeration, or at the very least, that the top players left off the list never applied.

Alex Pagulayan, Tony Crosby, Thomas Engert? I can't imagine that these guys applied, because they'd be on the list for sure. They're personable, marketable, and the women find 'em good-looking. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Anyway, time to start practicing 8-ball... Thanks again for the support, Wendy!

- Steve

wolfdancer
10-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Harold, that's a good question. I see some people listed that I thought had retired from the game, some players that are known regionally, but not at the national level. One name I enjoyed seeing was Kim Davenport....hope that means he's recovered sufficiently from his eye injury to play at a top level again.
I hope this does work out for these guys....and I understand your reservations about the "tour"