PDA

View Full Version : Lost my place to play in Dallas

PoolFool
06-20-2002, 10:17 PM
Salute's ( a bar in N. Dallas) just took out all of the quarter tables and replaced them with 9ft. Gandy's.I know this will result in cheers from some. But, consider the delima. We will no longer have 6 -10 people waiting in line to challange the winner. Who ever buys the table time will keep the table. Good shooter or not. All of us that played there like variety in our oppenents. I get no enjoyment of going to a pool hall and playing the same player for 3 or 4 hours. There are other bars but none that I have found have the same level of competition that was in Salute's. Also, with the 9ft. tables, there is only room for 3 which means it can't be a real pool hall. Now, without bar boxes it can't be a bar. I wish there were pool halls that had a designated challange table. Pay a $ and play the winner. I don't care what size table. They all have 6 pockets.

PoolFool - Searching for a new home.

06-21-2002, 06:20 AM
PF...I'd be patient, it's my guess that the place will return to the coin ops. Sounds like your crowd will be slow to gravitate to the 9-z, and revenue from a larger number of bar boxes will probably look better in time. Now having said that, HOORAY! Any move from boxes to big, time tables pleases the hell outta me. Stuffin' dollars into 6.5 or 7 foot tables with squirrely cue balls ain't where I want to go back to anymore...sid

Jay M
06-21-2002, 07:35 AM
There is a bar down here that chose to go with tables on time rather than coin ops and the people that play there have kinda made their own arrangements. If someone wants to play, they just ask the people at the table if they can join. The table isn't on time per player, it's just straight time per hour so no problems with adding as many people as they want. When someone drops from the group playing, the person that is leaving just donates whatever they think is appropriate towards the table time. You would think that the person renting the table would end up stuck with an unreasonable bill, but in actuality, they usually end up playing for free and even have a little left over at times. It didn't hurt the business, those two tables are filled nearly every time I go in there.

Jay M

rackmup
06-21-2002, 04:07 PM
Hello my Texas Compadre,

What's your schedule like on Sunday (06/23)? My wife is going to a baby shower with her mom and I am free for awhile. Maybe we could bang 'em around at Click's in NE Dallas?

Regards,

Ken