PDA

View Full Version : Ive Been Recruited

ryushen21
10-05-2005, 06:50 AM
For those of you who dont already know, I am currently doing a study abroad term in Seville, Spain. I was out on one of my random walks through the city and I found a place with a few tables not too far at all from my house.

I went in and shot around for a while and there were a few regulars who were playing as well. I sat down and decided to watch them play for a while. They eventually invited me to play with so i started shooting with them. So i play my last game, around 130am and im saying goodnight when all the sudden they tell me that they want me to play on their league team.

I was a little dumbfounded. I wasnt having a particularly good night at the table but i wasnt shooting like dirt either. Nonetheless i decided to sign up with them. And then they started talking about going to the Open in Vegas. It was just a crazy experience. Oh well, i guess that pool is a universal now.

ohh yeah...anyone know where i can get a cue in Europe? Spain in particular. It would help a lot.

Rich R.
10-05-2005, 07:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ryushen21:</font><hr> ohh yeah...anyone know where i can get a cue in Europe? Spain in particular. It would help a lot. <hr /></blockquote>
It ain't Spain, but it may work. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
http://www.eurowest-cues.de/front_content.php?idcat=2&amp;idart=2&amp;changelang=2

Good luck with your new league.

Deeman3
10-05-2005, 08:51 AM
Ryushen,

I actually stayed in Seville for two weeks. I only found one pool hall there and played at least 5 or 6 times there. It may or probably is the same place.

I hope you are enjoying your stay/assignment. I can't wait to hear more about your adventures. I wrote a newsletter each month for 12 years and sent them to friends around the world. You might consider the same thing. It can give you a nice history of your travels. When I get unpacked, I'll go throough mine and see what the place was called and let you know.

Watch out for those dark Spanish eyes I warned you about.

Deeman

Eric.
10-05-2005, 09:43 AM
I think alot of the online reatilers will ship internationally. Try seyberts.com, billiardswarehouse.com, muellers.com or something like that.

Eric

ryushen21
10-06-2005, 07:08 AM
Hey Deeman,

I actually met the woman of my dreams last night. And im seeing her again next week.I seriously should have been better warned about the women here.

The place i play at is called El Padrino (The Godfather). Its small and really more of a bar with a few tables. Although if you know of some place better let me know.

Harold Acosta
10-06-2005, 03:10 PM
I just hope you didn't fall in love with the Godfather's daughter. That could spell trouble.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Harold Acosta
10-06-2005, 03:18 PM
I found this in the internet:

LA CASA DEL BILLAR en SEVILLA
CORONEL YAGE, 13
41006 SEVILLA
Telfono 95-4661164
Fax 95-4662156

BILLARES ESCARDIBUL en SEVILLA

BILLARES ESCARDIBUL
SANTA CLARA, 6
41002 SEVILLA
Telfono 95-4379409

or just ask your new friends...

Deeman3
10-06-2005, 06:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ryushen21:</font><hr> Hey Deeman,

I actually met the woman of my dreams last night. And im seeing her again next week.I seriously should have been better warned about the women here. <font color="blue">I did warn you! If your engaged the next time I see you, don't blame me!!! </font color>

The place i play at is called El Padrino (The Godfather). Its small and really more of a bar with a few tables. Although if you know of some place better let me know. <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue"> El Casa is the place I played. There was a girl with dark hair working there, she almost got me. Use caution, watch for armed older brothers, otherwise have a blast.

Deeman </font color>

ryushen21
10-07-2005, 05:12 AM
Thankfully its not the Godfathers daughter. I met the Godfather the first night. He was actually the one that invited me to play with them.

Thanks for the info. I ll have to see if i can find those places on my map and go check them out. Hopefully they wont be too far. All i ever do is walk in this city.

ryushen21
10-07-2005, 05:16 AM
Deeman,

You only warned me of a few particular items in regards to Spanish women. You never mentioned anything about the quantity and quality of these women. Its ridiculous. Every half second i half to look a different way because another beautiful woman is walking by.

Not that i am complaining at all. Although I will have to hope that i dont end up gettting engaged. Then again, it looks like i may not be coming back to the states for a while anyways. Who knows?

Sid_Vicious
10-07-2005, 05:37 AM
"Although I will have to hope that i dont end up gettting engaged."

Why the hell not!" If Spanish women are anything like Brazilians, you will enjoy them, and maybe for a lifetime, just enjoy and see where it takes you is my advice. Fond memories, and if I just had it to do all over again. Don't piss'em off though...sid

Deeman3
10-07-2005, 06:06 AM
Yes,

I did warn you but you were too full of Tequla to listen. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Don't sweat it but steer clear of Barcelona 'cause the ladies there are even better.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Deeman

ryushen21
10-08-2005, 02:34 PM
Hey Sid,

I only say that because my family would freak out if i brought a girl home with me. But, i definitely wouldnt mind. Ill have to get a picture of this girl and send to you guys.

Deeman, i am planning a trip to Barcelona. Who knows what will happen during that trip?

First night of league is on tuesday. Wish me luck!!!