PDA

View Full Version : Universal smart shaft

bluey2king
10-05-2005, 07:32 AM
Can anyone tell me the scoop on this type of shaft?
Thanks

wantsumrice
10-06-2005, 02:37 AM
It's smart /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SteveFromNY
10-06-2005, 05:37 AM
^and I hear it's universal.

Bob_Jewett
10-06-2005, 01:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluey2king:</font><hr> Can anyone tell me the scoop on this type of shaft?
Thanks <hr /></blockquote>
It was developed by Bill Stroud of Joss Cues West. Adapters fit into the shaft so the shaft can be quickly fitted onto any butt. The adapters stay in very well, but you can remove them with the right tool, and you can glue them in if you really want to.

I'm not sure if it's in all models, but the version I played with at the BCA Trade Show had a special vibration damper in it. This is made of piezoelectric material that is also used in things like tennis rackets/racquets and skis.

The shafts come in both regular and low-squirt models.

irunrax
10-06-2005, 01:43 PM
It has an interchangalble joint ring allowing it to be adapted for any cue. The joint rings are $20.00, i think. A buddy of mine has one and shoots with it regularly, he's told me he prefers it over his predator. It has some kind of dampener about 5" from the joint so as to give no vibration, other than that it is the same laminated shaft as a predator. This is what my buddy told me at least. I have shot with it and it played alright, but to hard to tell in a couple of shots.