PDA

View Full Version : Break cue question.....

tjlmbklr
10-05-2005, 12:17 PM
Here is a dumb question, but when haven't I asked dumb questions,. Can you put phenolic tip on any ferrule or cue for that matter? Reason I ask is the 2-man league I am in this fall is giving every one a cue, yah yah I know the value of a quality cue. but these cues were not half bad for free I havent gotten mine yet but the sample ones to pick from were good enough quality to demote yet another cue(cuetec) and use this one to break. Yes I will eventaully do the same to this on as well. But I would like to experiment with the Phenolic tip on a cue that was free.

bluey2king
10-05-2005, 12:59 PM
Hi *S* How did the Pool Room turn out??
Oh Yes that is a Great way to go! I put a Phenolic tip on my Spare Lucasi I can change shafts if I want.
Back to the tips, I bought three tips on E-bay and gave two to my friends who did the same putting them on a spre cue.
There is a big differance!! I recomend not hitting as hard as you can but get that perfect stun that leaves the CB close to the center. Also I quite breaking from the side.
9 ball just off center bring the cue ball back up the center.
8 ball 1/2 diamond off center full hit on front ball! go for a nice spread not 4 balls on the break!
IMHO
*S*

tjlmbklr
10-05-2005, 02:39 PM
I ran short on money but the pool room is 90% done, and thank you for the advice. I will like I promised post pictures of the pool room.